Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

VictoriaGoose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2018, 10:48 am

I shave everywhere except for my private area. I don't like shaving, I'm scared I'll cut myself, like the poster above I don't know why it's just one of those things. I like everywhere else to be shaven, I like it when my skin feels smooth. I do cut myself sometimes though which can be a nightmare :?

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 11:55 am

I don't shave my legs above my knees. I don't think I ever did. So, it's light colored.

Muppetjedi
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Oct 2018, 2:35 am

I don’t. I’m almost 40 and gave up on my legs in high school and go through fazes with my arm pits. I know it weirds some people out but I’ve never been that concerned about that. I always argue hair is natural and that shaving just reinforces gender binaries.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2018, 11:20 pm

I don't shave my hair. I used to, when I was going through puberty and thought that I was supposed to do it, but really, its such a bother. Plus, you might cut yourself. And I'm half Asian, so I inherited my dad's lack of body hair....

sand and stars in a bottle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2018, 9:51 am

Unfortunately I'm cursed with being extremely hairy, so I wax regularly and have been for 6 years.

It's extremely unfair as some women have almost no hair. It's caused me terrible misery and pain in my life, and body hatred

The good thing about waxing is that over time the hair follicles die and the hair really does decrease

Yes it's painful, but I hate the hair more than the pain. I hate the hair with extreme intensity

I would never touch a razor to my legs again as it makes the hair much worse, not better. I'm committed to waxing for life

I do however shave my underarms as I cannot be bothered to wax them as they don't upset and bother me quite as much as my legs

I don't bother removing my forearm hair because it's enough of a hassle waxing my legs all the time

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 10:02 am

I have shaved in the distant past, but I no longer give a s**t. :D

papercraneheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2018, 1:33 am

No, but these days it's less of a societal obligation and more of a sensory thing... the stubble is rough and drives me crazy. If that didn't bug me so much, I don't know if I would shave.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:38 am

VictoriaGoose wrote:
I shave everywhere except for my private area. I don't like shaving, I'm scared I'll cut myself, like the poster above I don't know why it's just one of those things. I like everywhere else to be shaven, I like it when my skin feels smooth. I do cut myself sometimes though which can be a nightmare :?

On the rare times I do shave I don't shave there ever anymore, I did a few times in the past one time mostly because a guy I was dating mentioned it(that ended up being like a long term one night stand) but so I tried it and found I did not like it at all. So anymore I just trim the hair when it starts getting out of hand, even got a pair of hair cutting scissors specifically for that.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2018, 5:45 pm

I only shave my legs when it's warm enough to wear shorts. If not, I just let 'em be hairy. :D

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Nov 2018, 2:47 am

I do not shave my private area, the skin there is way too irritable and regrowing hair is making a horrible itchy mess of it. When my hormones got insane after my second pregnancy, I trimmed it, but now I don't need to.

I've always liked my hairy forearms. I don't know, I feel them like part of my identity. I shave them sometimes for red carpet occasions but don't like the feel. They have been hairy at least since I was 6, they are mine that way.

And then, legs... it's complicated. I started shaving them when I was 12, trying lots and lots of different methods. I even thought of laser hair removal there and started to save money for it. As I age, my skin becomes more and more irritable, now even simple shaving with an electric shaver makes a mess of it - my skin regenerates very eagerly and after irritation of shaving it regrows over the shaved hair. When the hair regrows, it's a total mess, even worse to look at than the original hairy legs.
So I give up. I wear long trousers for most of the year. And recently, I discovered I kind of like this little chestnut fur on my legs. It does have its wild beauty. I asked my husband for opinion and he claims he doesn't care, he only doesn't like the feel of prickly regrowing hair.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blackbelt312314
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Dec 2018, 9:49 pm

Female here-I shaved my face and my armpits. I have a hormone issue that causes made to have to shave both. My face because my work won't allow me to have hair there and my armpits because I stink if I don't shave them and I already have trouble with body odor due to a hormone issue.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 7:02 am

I only shave my armpits in summer. I like wearing sleeveless tops. Now it's all grown out. :) If nobody is going to see them then why bother?

I don't shave anywhere else. I don't pluck my eyebrows either. Although I'll admit I'm not that hairy to start with. Mostly I didn't grow up in this culture, so I'm comfortable with keeping my hair. My mom and grandma never shaved, and people still seem to accept that they're women.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Dec 2018, 8:42 am

I recently made an experiment – I bought the strongest cheap hair bleach and used it on my legs.
I like the result. It's boyish but way less visible. Almost no irritation on my skin, which I feared, as even simple shaving makes a mess of it.
I'm going to repeat it in the spring and wear shorts to my blonde-haired legs.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 7:45 am

I don't. I hold myself to the exact same beauty regime a man would have other than I don't have to shave my face, I do have to have a bath every night during my period (otherwise I hold myself to once every two days which is what I'd hold myself to if I was a man and what I'll hold myself to as an old woman and what mum did with me when I was a kid) and obviously I have to change my pads four times a day during my period.
I'm big against sexism and there's nothing shameful about a woman's body hair. It's what we have naturally because we're women not girls.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2018, 9:38 am

TUF wrote:
.....there's nothing shameful about a woman's body hair......

This.

And the fact that life is too short to waste its precious moments on removing it.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 1:52 am

I sometimes shave under my arms, but am somewhat hirsute all over. I don't wear dresses, skirts, or shorts, as I don't look good in them, so I don't waste time shaving anywhere else. I do tweeze my face, and am planning on getting an epilator to speed up the process. My skin is too sensitive for the hair removal lotion. Tried it once. It burned the skin, and left most of the hair behind, but in a damaged state, so it was actually worse than useless. I also tried shaving my face once, but that left my skin feeling like I had a million paper cuts all over my face. OUCH! Gonna get that epilator. Figure it can't be any worse than tweezing.

I do cut my head hair. When I used to go to the salons, the sink would hurt my neck when they would wash my hair. Finally couldn't take it anymore. For a while, my stepmom cut my hair, but then I bought my own clipper kit. Sometimes it comes out okay, but sometimes, not so good. I have a couple of hats to wear when it doesn't come out well.