Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:18 pm

My little girl (5) wants a dollhouse for Christmas. I think she'll use it; she's the only one out of the four who builds dollhouses with blocks and actually plays with the Little People.

Trouble is, of course, a pre-built dollhouse will use all her Christmas money and then some.

No problem. I can build a dollhouse easily. I have 1/4" plywood laying around; it's a big box with littler boxes inside. I know my husband would be happy to do the details (windows and doors) that I will mess up because I'm too clumsy.

What I can't build, is the furniture. I'm just not that good. Where is a good place to look for just furniture?? Everything I find by Googling "buy dollhouse furniture" or "buy dollhouse furniture for kids" mostly turns up furniture on a 1:12 scale made for adults to furnish a dollhouse they're building just to look at. I want something that's going to stand up to the kind of abuse my family dishes out (which can be quite a lot-- the child who wants the dollhouse is very careful and gentle, but her older brother and sister are not, and neither are the dogs, and we're all kind of clumsy, and...)

I'm looking for it to be sized for either a 6" (like Strawberry Shortcake or Loving Family size) or 11" (like Barbie size) doll. Since it looks like furniture is going to be the hard part, I will build the house to suit the furniture. We have plenty of both sizes of doll, and they are easy to find at the store.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:10 pm

Well, I just plugged-in "Barbie dollhouse furniture"----but, it doesn't look like what you want:

https://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Dollhouse ... +furniture

Then I searched for "sturdy dollhouse furniture", and got THIS:

https://www.amazon.com/Plan-Toys-Doll-H ... AKEMSRTX2V

They've got alotta different rooms of furniture (go down the page, a little bit, to where it says: "Customers who bought this item also bought"), and the dolls that can be purchased (or not) for the sets, are 5+ inches, tall----so, even Strawberry Shortcake, might be too big; but, I think all their stuff, is ADORABLE.

Then I typed-in "6" doll dollhouse furniture", and got this:

https://www.amazon.com/Lori-Doll-Living ... B1ZREJTC4D

But, all their stuff is FUGLY, IMO!! LOL

I didn't have much more luck, than you----but, maybe it'll give you some ideas....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:20 pm

Oh, I also looked-for "DIY dollhouse furniture kits"----but, all I could find, was 1:12 scale.....

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:14 am

Thanks for the help, all the same. It was worth a shot...