I have a question for male feminists

Page 1 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

If you claim that you don't see women as sex objects or feel like they owe you sex, why do you get offended when a MRA says "not all men are like that" when apparently you're a man and you are "not like that"?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:58 am

I don't get offended when a MRA says that "not all men are like that."

Because not all men "are like that."

I do get offended by some things that MRA's say, though.

I feel everybody should have equal rights under the law.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

Over the years I've come to realize rights should be earned, not given. we have people living here, without citizenship and not paying taxes, that somehow get a lot of the same things we do or more. Bottom line, if you're not paying taxes and have not served in the military, I think that should be the standard to get to vote in the US.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm

I haven't served in the military, like most men.

I have the right to vote.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 12:45 pm

An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2017, 1:00 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

Okay, what stuff offends you?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:03 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:

From what I've observed from some of your post, you do the exact same thing.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm

I don't think there's all that many men on this site who get outraged at the phrase "not all men".

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:13 pm

Aaendi wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Okay, what stuff offends you?

Mostly the small-sample bias and other abuse of science and statistics to justify sexism. Simple and false explanations bug me with the way they spread. I've come to expect the mischaracterizations.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:16 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

It's true that I've flown off the handle a few times. Let's see you admit to a mistake.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

He does. He especially went after me when I didn't walk in lock step with him and tried to tell me how to live my life but he can just keep dreaming.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:40 pm

Marknis wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

He does. He especially went after me when I didn't walk in lock step with him and tried to tell me how to live my life but he can just keep dreaming.

Two months ago, I expressed dismay at your bigotry. You seem committed to it. Sorry I couldn't accept it immediately, but I accept it now. Don't get over it if you prefer not. I'm not telling you what to do with your time.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:55 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Two months ago, I expressed dismay at your bigotry. You seem committed to it. Sorry I couldn't accept it immediately, but I accept it now. Don't get over it if you prefer not. I'm not telling you what to do with your time.

What bigotry? Just because I dislike SJWs does not make me a homophobe or racist or sexist.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm

I'm not going to play if we can't stay on topic. However, given the thread so far, dialogue between male feminists and MRAs will probably go nowhere.

A basic concept in probability is the random draw. Each encounter with a woman, a male feminist, an MRA, or even a regular person is a random draw. Statistics predict nothing about them individually.

That doesn't even get into the kinds of measurements which people try to treat as statistics, like their personal experience.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:49 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Over the years I've come to realize rights should be earned, not given. we have people living here, without citizenship and not paying taxes, that somehow get a lot of the same things we do or more. Bottom line, if you're not paying taxes and have not served in the military, I think that should be the standard to get to vote in the US.

I am pretty sure only citizens can vote.

Also non-citizens can't get on tax funded welfare programs, if that is what you mean by them getting a lot of the same things we do or more...that is actually a myth.

Also you think you should have to serve in the military to be able to vote as a U.S citizen? I think that is B.S, for one the military won't necessarily accept everyone who wants to join and also its not for everyone...not having been in the military hardly makes one a lesser citizen.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 3:01 pm

Thus far doesn't seem like anyone on this forum is offended by the statement 'not all men are like that' in reference to seeing women as sex objects and owing them sex...I mean I think that is kind of a given.

However there certainly are men who do see women as sex objects and think they owe them sex...and that is certainly a problem. So if the context of your 'not all men' is your default response whenever anyone brings up the issue of men who are like that I could see it bothering people.