Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

gahana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2007, 1:20 am

Hi Everyone! :D

I am new to WrongPlanet. My name is Gahana. Nice to meet you.

I've been working in the field of Autism for over 17 years now. Probably a lot more. I am very passionate about it. I am looking for folks who have had spiritual experiences who are on the spectrum. I have some strong feelings regarding this subject. And have seen some pretty incredible experiences with non-verbal children and spirituality. I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Blessings,
Gahana

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

02 Jun 2007, 2:04 am

Nice to meet you!

Would you mind narrowing down a bit what you mean when you refer to "spiritual" experiences?

AspBurger
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2007, 2:29 am

I have a long history of intense 'spiritual' experiences and 'insights', but I'm not sure that I'm an Aspie. However, if you go to page 3 of 'Post a video of yourself!! !! ! !! ! ! !!' under the 'General Autism Discussion' and view the next to the last video, posted by anbuend and made by silentmiaow, you will see what hit me as an intense form of communion with Spirit and an example of the Cosmos witnessing Itself through her. I thought it was beautiful. Silentmiaow has several more videos at YouTube that you should check out if you are not familiar with them.

(I just edited this because I initially left out the 'Post a video of yourself' information. I don't know if this will now become a second entry or will take the place of the original.)

Last edited by AspBurger on 02 Jun 2007, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

eblonk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2007, 2:30 am

Narrowing down would make it somewhat easier. In my meditation I have been able to calm my mind and slow down my racing thoughts so that I can focus a bit better. I do that from my buddhist perspective. Does that count as spiritual?

seasparrow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2007, 6:05 am

I am psychic.

This has helped me many times. Having AS means we don't always understand social gatherings but I have the ability to tune in or pick up the thoughts/feelings (not mind reading) of people around me.

Many times I have said something to a friend which seems random when in fact it was on thier mind.

This has also gets me in to a little trouble sometimes because it can be quite weird to a person I have just met when you appear to know about them when they haven't really said much.

I also have strong spiritual beliefs which is kind of a cross/merging of ancient eastern philosophy and western christianity.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:43 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:48 am

Most of my spirituality involves
my own godhood.

seasparrow

02 Jun 2007, 6:53 am

This needs no comment :)

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 7:11 am

Spirituality. It comes in many flavors. Sometimes it's strong in me and other times it isn't. The nice thing about mine it's never far away, if I choose to slow down enough or can, to reach for it, if needed or desired. It has changed over time, as I have. I can get a strong sense of it, just taking the time to smoke a cigar the proper way, for me. It's almost a zen, perhaps it is just that, but it's certianly an inner peace. Is the object of attention or thought just a catalyst to those that don't speak? I don't know. But for me it can be, doesn't have to be, but it can be a focus.

Experiences? Oh, my yes. Strange would be fitting to describe some. I keep my mouth shut on the intense, intense being a poor choice of words, peaceful is in there as well. They can be intense in just trying to put words to them. If such things could be conveied to others, I doubt if most would see any peace in them at all, just describe me as bonkers or worse. I have to know the person very well to speak of them.

Interesting thoughts and would be interested to see follow ups on some conclusions you might reach.

gahana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2007, 11:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts. Lots of insightful info. Would love to hear stories that you have had with the "unseen" world. Union with God, Angels, Light Beings, etc. I have heard that some ASD people think in "theta" brain waves. (the here and now) Lots of people meditate to get where some autistic people natural "be". One of the boys I used to work with (non-verbal ASD) used to put his forehead on my forehead and say "V". His mom and dad said, he was saying Love. (3rd eye to 3rd eye!) Very profound stuff. They're a very spiritual family. Sometimes he'd be "interracting with the unseen" Laughing and babbling with someone we couldn't see, etc. It was pretty obvious there was something going on. Can anyone relate to any of this? If you don't want to post in public, you can send it to me at my email. [email protected]
Thanks.
Blessings,
gahana