Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2017, 12:16 pm

It seems like everyone wants privacy. With the times we are living in now, there is very little privacy anymore. We live in the age of the internet, technology, and social media. There are cameras everywhere we go. There are cameras on our phones, glasses, ATMs, stores, street corners, drones, on police officers, and many other places. Everything that you post online can be seen by the public. Your phone call is recorded when you talk to a customer service representative. Our smart phones have tracking apps where anyone could find out where we are. Anyone can take a picture or video of you without you knowing. There have been reports that Vizio the tv company has been spying on people and tracking what they like to watch. Websites do this too. Whenever you go to a store website, they track what you looked at and then they give you suggestions on what you might be interested. What do you feel about all this exposure and little privacy that we all have? Do you think it is a good or bad thing? Obviously technology is not going to go away. It is going to get even more advanced and easier to track and watch people. This is the 21st century and I think that we should all stop expecting a lot of privacy because we are not going to get a lot of it living in this century and centuries moving forward.

Last edited by MSBKyle on 17 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 12:23 pm

This is not a new conversation,

Quote:
Similar Topics
Privacy?

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Adolescent Autism Forum

07 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

Asp-Z View the latest post
How much do you value your privacy?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in General Autism Discussion

01 Apr 2014, 7:00 am

einsteinmyhero View the latest post
Aspies and Privacy

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in General Autism Discussion

15 May 2008, 12:51 am

Followthereaper90 View the latest post
HOW THEY ARE TAKING YOUR PRIVACY AWAY

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Politics, Philosophy, and Religion

12 Aug 2009, 10:47 am

Sand View the latest post

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 2:39 pm

most of those things aren’t really concerning. don’t use social media(it’s of the most basic common sense not to... employers wade through it to avoid hiring potential legal trouble, and more.), don’t have a smart phone(but even if to be forced one someday, there are options to turn off tracking... just wouldn’t trust a google/android phone.), and as far as posting... nothing is shared that is of concern for being found out.

with tracking in browsers, there are options to keep it minimal... certainly never get ads for anything related to previous activity, and online shops typically have options to turn recommendations off. too, with security cameras, they’re seen a safety measure to provide incriminating evidence of those who overstep their bounds, or would otherwise break laws.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 7:11 pm

Yes, it is just a nostalgic memory.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:38 pm

I don't like being trackable. I don't like that cell phones can track and bug you. Cameras on absolutely everything is definitely a problem.

But as for what you share online, that is up to you. You don't have to do it at all, and you are free to post/share as much or as little as you want.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765