Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:02 am

i do not "hate" anything, but i have never been interested in sports, and am slightly annoyed at the amount of air time and energy they consume.
i am not a "group" thinker, and i have no interest in people demonstrating their physical and motor coordination prowess.

i do not listen to anything said about sport, thus i have no knowledge of either the rules or the star players or upcoming events.

one thing that does annoy me slightly is the propensity for most people to be extremely interested in sport.

sports games have commentators that sound blustery and gladiatorial in their vocal style.

crowds are whipped into frenzies of some...god knows what...sort of like rabid wolves howling at the moon and ready to snap at anyone close to them.

most free to air TV stations are dominated by sports, and i have little to watch because advertisers spend all their money on sponsoring sport, and the advertising revenue gleaned from science shows is minimal by comparison.

even the other day, a series of news stories came on the news.

1. grand final coming up soon...fans preparing and excited....blahh

2. some sports star has injured his anterior crucia ligament (acl) and may be out of action for a month.

3. some sports star's marriage on the rocks......

4. cassini plunges into saturn's atmosphere......

and that story was about 2 minutes long.
most people do not give a s**t about things like that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:07 am

I think it is an obscenity for people of preternatural physical powers, to be paid millions of dollar$ per year, for doing what comes naturally to them. not when too many home health care nurses and aides get a relative pittance for doing backbreaking work.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:18 am

I like to watch the tennis, and some events in the Olympics such as gymnastics, rowing, cycling and ice skating.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:20 am

I like witnessing the beauty of athletic physiques.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 12:59 pm

some are found interesting(could watch stuff like archery, javelin, judo, and boxing.), but don’t particularly care for team sports.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2017, 1:14 pm

I don't practice, watch or follow sports. Hate would be an overstatement.

I went to see the local football team on stadium a handful of times with friends and relatives. Went to a bar with friends countless times because they were wanting to see a match over booze and snacks. Those kinds of invitations never came from my part, though. I avoid talking about sports at all costs and I hate - now this I really hate - people I barely know trying to chit-chat me with sports talks.

Also, I can't stand the biased minds of sports fanatics and their "in the you-against-me war, you always lose no matter what" attitude.

To wrap it up, while I don't hate sports per se, I can possibly hate some people who love sports. Hate to death. yes, I could kill them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 6:18 pm

there is something about Curling which I find vaguely fascinating and humorous, bordering on slapstick. like looking under a big rock and finding psychedelic fluorescent wriggling worms wearing flashing party hats or somethin'. :mrgreen:

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm

I dont hate sports but I hate participating in them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

^^^ I hated being made to participate in "intramural" sports in school.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2017, 1:49 am

No, I do not hate sports. Am a fan of many sports..including, despite the current uproar surrounding it, the NFL. I also enjoy college football however, and my interest in that has definitely increased the past couple years. Same with golf, men's and women's. There was a time when I thought I could never get into golf. I started watching the major (men's) tournaments and then found myself tuning into overseas play and ladies' events. That's a sport that to me, can be relaxing yet exciting simultaneously. Not to mention the stunning scenery around many of the courses. Ice hockey has been a favorite of mine as well. And some Olympic sports. Yes, many of the athletes have ridiculous paychecks. But getting caught up in the thrills and spills, drama and heartache, of a game or event isn't ridiculous at all. Sports are an escape, they offer a communal respite, and cheering on your team is by no means silly.