How do you feel after eating brocoli? (Proven ASD treatment)

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NathanChristopher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

There's a lot of good science about the benefits of eating broccoli for autistics. I've certainly noticed an improvement in my ability to process emotions and socialize after regularly eating it.

I hadn't even heard of broccoli's aspergers benefits until I was a month into eating it and at that point I'd already felt the improvements for ages, so the placebo effect is pretty much completely out of the question. :P

Has anyone else had any experience with this, positive or negative? I'm interested to hear how it's affected you lot.

Nathan

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:51 am

Where is all this good science?

NathanChristopher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2017, 8:18 am

You raise a valid point. I wrote that knackered at 5am.

Regardless, I've definitely noticed huge benefits that I'm extremely happy with. :mrgreen: 8)

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:43 pm

Atleast it's a good source of fiber... :lol:

I've eaten broccoli all my life, I doubt it has made any difference.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:58 pm

I feel like a giant eating little trees.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Sep 2017, 1:19 am

248RPA wrote:
I feel like a giant eating little trees.

I like this.

For me broccoli and all the other cabbage-derived vegetables taste just abominable. I once read that some people have an extra taste receptor that might cause it - so possibly this is the case.
I don't believe in any claims connecting eating vegetables with ASD improvement but if it makes you feel good, then go on, they are healthy anyway :)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 11:34 pm

I like greens, I don't notice my autistic turbulence being lessened by my decent diet, I am not good when I am hungry but who the hell is, our bodies are fighting every minute to be serviced adequately enough to perform. I especially like broccotree because it actually looks like a pile of infant trees and not just torn off leaf litter, it's hardcore!

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2017, 11:44 pm

Yes, it is plausible.

I like brocolli very much. Very flexible, delicious, very healthy, and it looks good, what more do you want, he?

How do I feel after eating brocolli. Well, it turns me into a brocolli beast after an hour or so. :mrgreen: Joking ofcourse. :)

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

NathanChristopher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

Interesting, thanks for your responses.

The autistics that showed improvements in the study also reported the fever effect (when a fever helps social ability, hyperactivity and repetitive behaviour) and they only account for a relatively small part of the asd population, so perhaps I'm one of them.

All the best.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 7:33 pm

All the best to you, too.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2017, 9:00 am

I eat a ton of broccoli but I'd never heard this before. Good to know! :)

Hutchie0109
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2017, 4:41 pm

I enjoy broccoli too, what's the proven treatment? Steam it? I sometimes have spam with it.

NathanChristopher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

Can't go wrong with spam. I love broccoli with chicken slices and a tasteful seasoning of natural salt.
They used a gelcap full of broccoli extract, but to clarify again for anyone reading, I didn't realise there was only a small study - more tests are actually needed to clinically prove it so don't be misled by the title.

I remember reading there were more studies from big pharmaceuticals trying to cash in on the idea, but can't seem to find any actual documentation online, only the mentioning on less than reputable websites.

Either way, I'm loving what the future may hold. Whatever peoples beliefs on autisics seeking treatment to conform, we're all unified in our difficulties in this life, and I'd hope we can collectively get excited for those of us who feel we need a helping hand.
Cheers.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:18 am

NathanChristopher wrote:
Can't go wrong with spam. I love broccoli with chicken slices and a tasteful seasoning of natural salt.
They used a gelcap full of broccoli extract, but to clarify again for anyone reading, I didn't realise there was only a small study - more tests are actually needed to clinically prove it so don't be misled by the title.

I remember reading there were more studies from big pharmaceuticals trying to cash in on the idea, but can't seem to find any actual documentation online, only the mentioning on less than reputable websites.

Either way, I'm loving what the future may hold. Whatever peoples beliefs on autisics seeking treatment to conform, we're all unified in our difficulties in this life, and I'd hope we can collectively get excited for those of us who feel we need a helping hand.
Cheers.

Whether it helps with ASD symptoms or not, I doubt eating broccoli has even caused anyone any harm.

It's a good source of fiber, and covers a wide range of different vitamins, so all in all it's a great addition to any diet. :)

Hutchie0109
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

Title says proven asd treatment, but you say it's from dodgy web sites, with no links I take it? doesn't sound proven in any way.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 6:10 pm

Today is not April first.

Broccoli is good food, and fiber. But give us a break. It aint gonna make you NT.

Unless maybe you smoke it in a pipe!