Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I want to tell her she's wrong but how?

Left wingers: if you have a different opinion to me you're wrong.

Blind faith in one's beliefs is a human trait, not a partisan one.

You're wrong and you should change what you think so that it's the same as what I think.

(sorry, just being human)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:07 pm

marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Many of us voted for Trump because he was (still is) seen as the lesser evil, not out of blind devotion, hero worship, or love. This has been gone over countless times.

In other words.... vote for a blatantly horrible person because... ideology.

Unless just out of "ideology" you pissed away a vote for Bernie or someone else who didnt have a snowball's chance I'm guessing your voted for Hillary, a person whom I could also say is blatantly horrible.
It all depends on which side of the bread the butter is on...

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:11 pm

Chichikov wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I want to tell her she's wrong but how?

Left wingers: if you have a different opinion to me you're wrong.

Blind faith in one's beliefs is a human trait, not a partisan one.

You're wrong and you should change what you think so that it's the same as what I think.

(sorry, just being human)

No less than I'd expect from a human.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:29 pm

Humans. You can't live with them, or exercise any option that involves not living with them, so I guess you have to live with them.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 4:32 pm

adifferentname wrote:

Your expectations are wrong, you should change them so they're the same as mine.

Damn, just can't stop myself. Ah well, I'm only human.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 5:47 pm

Chichikov wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

Your expectations are wrong, you should change them so they're the same as mine.

There's a cure. It just takes time.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 5:55 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
adifferentname wrote:

There's a cure. It just takes time.

Your concept of time is wrong, you should change the quantum fabric around you to match mine.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:00 am

Chichikov wrote:
You see my post had power because it was referencing something that had literally been said, all my post did was shine a light on the ridiculousness of what was said. Your post was tantamount to "someone somewhere said this at some point" - it was weak and meaningless. It might even be untrue for all I know. How about you find me all the threads on here where people are called Marxist traitors by "right wingers" (I put that in quotes as I don't think you have it in you to identify where people's politics lie; you obviously think I'm right wing despite me not making any political statements and no reference to what my personal politics are...criticising left wing idiots doesn't mean I am right wing, it simply means I don't like idiots) and I can evaluate for myself if there is any truth in your post at all?

I guess you never read comment sections or discuss politics outside of here if you've never encountered what I'm describing. Or you're choosing to ignore it. :roll:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 3:57 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
You see my post had power because it was referencing something that had literally been said, all my post did was shine a light on the ridiculousness of what was said. Your post was tantamount to "someone somewhere said this at some point" - it was weak and meaningless. It might even be untrue for all I know. How about you find me all the threads on here where people are called Marxist traitors by "right wingers" (I put that in quotes as I don't think you have it in you to identify where people's politics lie; you obviously think I'm right wing despite me not making any political statements and no reference to what my personal politics are...criticising left wing idiots doesn't mean I am right wing, it simply means I don't like idiots) and I can evaluate for myself if there is any truth in your post at all?

I guess you never read comment sections or discuss politics outside of here if you've never encountered what I'm describing. Or you're choosing to ignore it. :roll:

I have no interest in politics, especially American ones, and I have no interest in discussing them here or anywhere else (I assume screaming abuse at people who don't agree with you is what you refer to as discussion).

Back to the matter at hand, I assume the fact that you aren't able to show me the threads on here where people are supposedly called Marxist traitors means they don't exist and you just made that up.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:56 am

Raptor wrote:
marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Many of us voted for Trump because he was (still is) seen as the lesser evil, not out of blind devotion, hero worship, or love. This has been gone over countless times.

In other words.... vote for a blatantly horrible person because... ideology.

Unless just out of "ideology" you pissed away a vote for Bernie or someone else who didnt have a snowball's chance I'm guessing your voted for Hillary, a person whom I could also say is blatantly horrible.
It all depends on which side of the bread the butter is on...

Trump is pathologically devoid of empathy. It's just blatant. Hillary isn't even on the same level.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 11:53 am

Chichikov wrote:
Back to the matter at hand, I assume the fact that you aren't able to show me the threads on here where people are supposedly called Marxist traitors means they don't exist and you just made that up.

You're entitled to believe whatever you like, no matter how untrue. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:31 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

Thing is, I also did a google search of this site and that didn't give me any results either, so yeah it does look like you just made that up.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:32 pm

Chichikov wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

Thing is, I also did a google search of this site and that didn't give me any results either, so yeah it does look like you just made that up.

I explicitly said it's something I've encountered else where, but expecting honesty from you is setting one's self up for disappointment.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:40 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I explicitly said it's something I've encountered else where

So when you implied that it was untrue that there were no such threads here...

funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

....that was a lie? You now admit that there are no such threads here despite implying there were above? And you say I am dishonest? What's with you left wingers where you always accuse other people of things you are found to be guilty of yourselves? It's quite an unattractive trait.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:50 pm

Chichikov wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I explicitly said it's something I've encountered else where

So when you implied that it was untrue that there were no such threads here...

funeralxempire wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

....that was a lie? You now admit that there are no such threads here despite implying there were above? And you say I am dishonest? What's with you left wingers where you always accuse other people of things you are found to be guilty of yourselves? It's quite an unattractive trait.

funeralxempire wrote:

Emphasis added for the reading impaired.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Emphasis added for the reading impaired.

I'm not denying you said that originally, I quoted the bit I was taking issue with which is where you implied that there were threads like that on here.