Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:16 pm

I am about AP-level in science (pretty advanced) and very passionate about it as well. Therefore, I have decided to take an honors-level biology class, which was the closest thing to AP on the registration sheet. It is extremely easy for me despite being honors-level, having a high-90 for my grade there. I am also highly interested in the medical field. Now, I know some people may racially stereotype me as a future doctor since I’m Asian. And yes, I might. However, if I do, I plan on being a neurosurgeon. There, I can learn how people’s brains work and put my great attention to extremely small details to great use (neurosurgery is the hardest specialty of surgery).

Through thorough people-watching and personal experience, I have learned some degree of adolescent behavior and psychology. For example, I know that people may be ignorant if their frontal lobes have not matured. I know the real reason why I’ve been rejected and possibly provoked by the female freshmen in the popular clique. One seemingly intended to get me in trouble as a form of bullying (shame on you, G, if you’re reading this). I became enraged and envious when she rejected my rather innocent offer to become friends. She tried to incite me to get myself in trouble whenever I lost interest in her. Ever since, I do not speak to that girl at all since I consider her too untrustworthy to even greet.

My photographic memory bests my high IQ and knowledge of human behavior, though. I can see and remember the exact things I did when I was five along with what I ate during a mini-party at my preschool special day class.

Despite my special interests and abilities, my therapists think I am socially inept due to my “difficulty in relating to others.” By this, I mean that I am somewhat choosy about who I want to be close to. Many neurotypicals do not understand how my photographic memory works and may even be jealous of its extent. For me, the photographic memory is simply a type of flashback involving everything that happened in a memory, including small details such as what my old friends looked like and what we did together. My natural mindset has become the scientific mindset, being more interested in the recording of concrete evidence before claims can proven. I’m the ONLY one in my directed studies class that takes honors classes, but I do not mean to brag here :(.

Long post, sorry! :oops:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:23 pm

I take honors classes as well, but I don't have any real "special" abilities, unless you count hyperlexia and an "outstanding" (I don't know how great it is, but I have been told I have a great memory :D) memory for certain details. I do have special interests, but they aren't really in any useful subjects. I have a great deal of knowledge on Stampy Cat, if you want to know that :lol: .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 8:32 pm

Hi guys, I’m going to take a break from posting anything for a while since nobody is responding to my posts. I will still be here at Wrong Planet, but I will not create new posts or reply until I see someone elses first. Thanks for cooperating.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

I respond to your posts....

I have probably the 7th-most posts on this Site---yet people sometimes don't respond to me, too.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 2:29 pm

I agree^^^^

Sometimes people just don't notice them, especially in this forum. If you were to post it in the General Autism Discussion, it may get more views/replies. I hope I replied to most of your posts! I'm sorry if I didn't.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Oct 2017, 3:43 pm

There is no such thing as honor classes in my system but I was considered gifted at school. Ended up in theoretical physics and enjoying it.

I think your idea of becoming a neurosurgeon is great! At least if you don't have issues with dispraxia. Attention to details is crucial there and I suspect it is not a very social profession where people would judge you on insignificant bull**it like what you wear and how you smile.

I wonder what you have all that therapists for? They don't seem to do you any good.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 8:42 pm

in high school, i took AP classes in Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, literature, us history.

SAT scores: 590 verbal (out of 800); 710 math; 720 writing & 11 (out of 12) on essay portion

Gifted and Talented Education

one time, age 21. rode bike from Clairmont, San Diego, to Julian. it took two days

once in a while i get obsessed with something. since around age 20, obsessed with the military. daily, fantasize about enlisting in the Air Force.

but besides looking it up online, and fantasizing about it, do not take action.

once in a while get other obsessions, but not "special interests" per se.

thus far, that i know of, no "Special" abilities. nothing comes second nature. nothing comes naturally. pretty much everything is oh-so-awkward.

it could be possible, that maybe i have a "Special" ability to play didjeridoo, it's just. logistics. never touched a didjeridoo before. or something like that. maybe i do have "Special" abilities, but i do not know them. yet. but, if that is the case, i never will find out.

besides, if you look at it that way, everyone could have a "Special" ability

nothing like an autistic :D savant :x

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 9:33 pm

I took AP physics and BC calculus and got the top score of 5 in both of them. They gave me two credits for physics, but I had I still had to take a semester of labs. . Instead of honoring AP credits for math, they had everyone take a written exam. So I didn't have to take freshman calculus or physics. Back when I took the SATs there were only two elements--I got 760 on the math and 630 on the verbal--just missing 1400.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2017, 5:21 pm

I have read several books in a half a year on people understanding before I resolved to settle on my original aspergers diagnosis when I was a kid. In regards to special talents and abilities I think that the Myers Briggs 16 personalities best explains the abilities of people. I think that Aspergers puts a narrow focused edge on that person's abilities.

I would say to the original poster that to you have the sensing personality as one of your four traits.

For me my personality type is INTP. While you grasp details in great detail you probably lack a bigger picture. Intuition is weird in that I know something but I generally cannot tell why. These personality types can explain why certain types of people do not get along.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

You're "leaving" until people start responding to your posts? Think a lot of yourself, huh? If you want people to respond then have something worth responding to.

warrier120 wrote:
<four paragraphs of bragging trimmed>

I do not mean to brag here :(.

Cool story, bro. For someone with such a high intellect it's strange you don't know that there is no such thing as a photographic memory, but who am I to judge?

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2017, 1:00 pm

Chichikov wrote:
You're "leaving" until people start responding to your posts? Think a lot of yourself, huh? If you want people to respond then have something worth responding to.

warrier120 wrote:

Cool story, bro. For someone with such a high intellect it's strange you don't know that there is no such thing as a photographic memory, but who am I to judge?

Speaking about ones talent can typically be in the form of bragging but the intent of this post is that they may want share their most honest perception to hand to hand benefit both groups mutually. If that makes sense. I believe this person has aspergers and this is an honest answer. I would caution her that setting a mental bar like I am smart and talented, can put limits on potential. You would be trying to prove yourself and refrain from errors that would take away from that title. My two cents.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 3:42 pm

Chichikov wrote:

warrier120 wrote:

Hmm... maybe you’re right. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 4:33 pm

i don't like intellectual elitism in any form.

I don't happen to have any "special abilities," though some of my interests are "special."

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2017, 6:12 pm

warrier120 wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

warrier120 wrote:

You are not dumb. Your just playing with egos by trying to prove something. It's not about proving anything. Everybody has a different perception and skill set. Mine is more instinctual, or intuitive. Your's is in gathering details. Etc. We need each other to function to our best abilities.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:42 pm

Ragnahawk wrote:
warrier120 wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

warrier120 wrote:

You are not dumb. Your just playing with egos by trying to prove something. It's not about proving anything. Everybody has a different perception and skill set. Mine is more instinctual, or intuitive. Your's is in gathering details. Etc. We need each other to function to our best abilities.

Maybe I did go too far by unintentionally expressing grandiosity...

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2017, 12:52 pm

My special ability is being completely oblivious to to plain as day social cues which leads to many embarrassments. It is my special ability because I am better at seeming slow than other people (kinda am though)

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)