Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 9:46 am

I hate Haunted Houses. Sensory nightmares.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 2:20 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
I hate Haunted Houses. Sensory nightmares.

Me too - and it also really gets on my nerves when people confuse being startled with being scared. Those are completely different things for me. I'm easily startled, and I hate the feeling. I'm much harder to actually scare, and I find it enjoyable much of the time. An actual haunted house, I would love going to (not because I'd find it scary, but because I'd think it was cool), but those ones where they mostly just try to startle you and call it scary? Heck no.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 2:27 pm

I kind of wish I had something to do for Halloween this year. I love all things supernatural/paranormal, the creepier the better, so it feels like I should do something, but while I still look like a teenager and could probably get away with trick-or-treating if I wanted to, I'd feel too awkward doing it, and I don't have any in-person friends and therefore won't be invited to any parties. But on the other hand, I have been working on a costume just for fun, but I have to make it entirely from scratch, and I'm afraid it won't look nearly as good as I hope, and even if I did have a party to go to, I probably wouldn't be able to stay in character for it, which I'd really like to do - but I have horrible social anxiety, haven't been to a party in years, and the last one I went to (almost a decade after the one before that), I spent the entire time just standing awkwardly in a corner while everyone ignored me, including the person who invited me :|

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Endling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2017, 3:22 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I kind of wish I had something to do for Halloween this year. I love all things supernatural/paranormal, the creepier the better, so it feels like I should do something, but while I still look like a teenager and could probably get away with trick-or-treating if I wanted to, I'd feel too awkward doing it, and I don't have any in-person friends and therefore won't be invited to any parties. But on the other hand, I have been working on a costume just for fun, but I have to make it entirely from scratch, and I'm afraid it won't look nearly as good as I hope, and even if I did have a party to go to, I probably wouldn't be able to stay in character for it, which I'd really like to do - but I have horrible social anxiety, haven't been to a party in years, and the last one I went to (almost a decade after the one before that), I spent the entire time just standing awkwardly in a corner while everyone ignored me, including the person who invited me :|

Same here. I love the paranormal, mysteries and spookiness! And in theory, I love Halloween too. But where I live it's not really a thing, so I've never had a chance to celebrate it. But I guess I'll just entertain myself with some scary movies and popcorn :)

It's cool that you have been working on a costume! Even if you don't have a party to go to, you could try to make it just for the fun of it :) And then maybe you could show us some pictures of how it turned out!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

Endling wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Same here. I love the paranormal, mysteries and spookiness! And in theory, I love Halloween too. But where I live it's not really a thing, so I've never had a chance to celebrate it. But I guess I'll just entertain myself with some scary movies and popcorn :)

It's cool that you have been working on a costume! Even if you don't have a party to go to, you could try to make it just for the fun of it :) And then maybe you could show us some pictures of how it turned out!

I watch scary movies all year round, so it doesn't seem like anything special for me. I've been making the costume just for fun, though - I actually started it months ago, and have been working on it off and on, and I haven't had anything to do for Halloween for about a decade straight now. I might post pictures if it actually ends up looking halfway decent (and if I actually get it finished anytime soon :oops: ). I'm hoping to talk my mom into going to a Halloween specialty store sometime this weekend so I can see if I can find anything to make the task any easier.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 11:46 pm

I would love to wear my white suit [head to toe] to a Halloween party but I know of no such parties anywhere close that would invite me.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 11:46 pm

I don’t do anything for Halloween, I don’t pass out candy. I used to watch alot of Halloween movies, I wish I remember some of the movies, one of them was about ghosts & I think one of them was James Dean, shoot, I don’t know what it called.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 6:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
I would love to wear my white suit [head to toe] to a Halloween party but I know of no such parties anywhere close that would invite me.

I go to special recreation programs and there were two Halloween parties scheduled this fall, hosted by other SRAs (special recreation associations). I didn't sign up for either one, but I'm wearing my pilot uniform to my programs on Monday October 30th.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 7:45 am

livingwithautism wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I go to special recreation programs and there were two Halloween parties scheduled this fall, hosted by other SRAs (special recreation associations). I didn't sign up for either one, but I'm wearing my pilot uniform to my programs on Monday October 30th.

:wtg:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
On Saturday I bought a small emoji plushie that looks like this 8O for only $1.99. Yesterday I used red fabric paint to make it look like blood is dripping down its face, and white paint to make X's over the eye pupils to make it look like it just died a terrible yet comical death.
Actually, it looks pretty macabre. But it's for Halloween, so it's supposed to be! :twisted:

When I buy a pumpkin this year, I will give it a nice big evil grin with pointy teeth, then put the emoji plushie in its mouth to make it look like it's being devoured by the jack o lantern. And of course I'll have to take a picture. I wonder if the pumpkin will end up on the news or in the paper if I display it on my doorstep? :D

It would be nice if you could post your pic of the pumpkin chomping the plushie here on WP when you're done.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/