Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Save Lincoln, thus insuring the success of Radical Reconstruction. Maybe see to it that the guy who Booth assigned to kill Vice President Andrew Johnson went through with it.

Basically, ensure the correct one dies? :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Save Lincoln, thus insuring the success of Radical Reconstruction. Maybe see to it that the guy who Booth assigned to kill Vice President Andrew Johnson went through with it.

Basically, ensure the correct one dies? :wink:

Considering the damage Andrew Johnson accomplished as Lincoln's successor, yep. :skull:

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2017, 12:42 am

I'd definitely do the last days of Rome, orgies etc and the torching of Christians, the coliseum. I wouldn't try to change anything, mind. I'd go in the spirit of a sightseer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 12:53 am

Victor1985 wrote:
I'd definitely do the last days of Rome, orgies etc and the torching of Christians, the coliseum. I wouldn't try to change anything, mind. I'd go in the spirit of a sightseer.

Actually, what you described was Rome at it's height in the 1st century A.D. Rome - at least the western empire - you would find to be thoroughly Christian. So, no burning Christians alive, no orgies, just increasingly impoverished people being heavily taxed while the rich got to keep their fortunes, and living in fear of the looming Barbarian threat, while depending on other Barbarians to protect them.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2017, 1:01 am

That's disappointing, I've always romanticised that. Well, I'll wait for the renaissance.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:11 am

Victor1985 wrote:
That's disappointing, I've always romanticised that. Well, I'll wait for the renaissance.

Or you could enjoy all the sex and murder in 1st century Imperial Rome.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

I would briefly look at Studio 54, then walk away and leave because that place was crazy.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 8:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Victor1985 wrote:

Actually, what you described was Rome at it's height in the 1st century A.D. Rome - at least the western empire - you would find to be thoroughly Christian. So, no burning Christians alive, no orgies, just increasingly impoverished people being heavily taxed while the rich got to keep their fortunes, and living in fear of the looming Barbarian threat, while depending on other Barbarians to protect them.

I actually believe Hercules meets Spartacus and joins forces in Game of Thrones after the rise of Ivan, then again, Joan meets her comeuppance whist holding onto her vision of a better safer France away from protestants and a life of increased pain.
In all seriousness I would travel back in time, just to tell and remind people how much I cared about them, and it would be too bad if they didn't reminisce in the same way. I'm sure I could have overcome the language barrier better.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm

Victor1985 wrote:

That's an option.

Wait until Elizabethan England. And then you would have a variety of options for your evening entertainment.

You could watch badger baiting, bear baiting, witch burnings, public hangings, the occasional drawing and quartering, and ....you would be able to go to the Globe Theater to watch Shakespeare plays produced by Shakespeare himself.

A mix of fictional drama, and reality TV, that we can barely match even today! :D