The Pro-Football Concussions Right-Wingers.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 1:12 am

...In all the discussion of Donald Trump's comments regarding the NFL protests (Which I DO NOT wish to discuss in this thread! 8O Really!! ! :x), a secondary part of his verbal rampage has gotten less attention.
DT also complained about the (Pretty little, actually.) bit of attention the NFL has given to the issue of brain injury suffered by NFL players from body contact, the NFL's tiny attempts to reduce the amount of headbutting/Glasgow kissing by their players, to cut down on traumatic brain injuries. I don't have a lrecise transscript of his words handy, but he expressed a dislike of what the NFL's done so far, I guess you could say calling for pre-2015 style " concussions ahoy ! " play...To the whooping approval of his audience at that rally, no doubt :evil: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 1:26 am

...Additional to this, I saw a transcript of remarks by Rush Limbaugh on an apparently symphathetic site in which, as best as I could make.out :?...he, too, popped more poop on top of his anti-anthem protests comments by comimg out against the amount of attention given as yet to brain damage by giving the ever-popular right- wing whine that attention given to brain damage was " politicizing ", just like " Climate change doesn't exist! " types do :twisted: .. It seems that people on this side explicitly WANT 8O , or at least don't care, if people get brain damage :cry: . I know, I know, it' s all junk science! Politically correct! Funded by George Soros! Fake news!:wink:
You get lots of moey, so you have no employment rights! Do what youf masterz tell you!...you sons of b*****s! :twisted:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 10:32 am

The Dead Kennedys covered this a log time ago.

Guys: Don't put your life in danger because of machismo.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

The hard right seems to attract people with a deficit of empathy and compassion. Trump is like the god of the new sociopathic hard right. It's a disturbing trend that's just getting worse and worse.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:02 pm

The injury potential when playing football is obvious to all but the dumbest. They knew what they were bargaining for from the get-go.
Case closed.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 1:46 am

Raptor wrote:
The injury potential when playing football is obvious to all but the dumbest. They knew what they were bargaining for from the get-go.
Case closed.

Therefore the rules must never be changed in the interests of player safety? :?

I can't think of a sport that hasn't made alterations to the rules of the game over the years in the interest of player (and/or spectator) safety - motorsports being the most obvious example.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:35 am

[

uote="Raptor"]The injury potential when playing football is obvious to all but the dumbest. They knew what they were bargaining for from the get-go.
Case closed.[/quote]

...Rather like " everybody always knew that cigarettes were bad for you "? (And, at least in the recent past, many right-wingers defended cigarettes, and pusbed dishonest attempts by the cigarette companies to discredit the science about cigs' harm potential - Sound familiar :P ?) And I'd wager that some of the football players now with traumatic brain injury, etc. were told by NFL doctors - and probably by their doctots (and coaches) back home thay concussions were just jolly :evil: :cry: !
Furthermote my main point was that TRUMP AND RUSH WERE EXPLICITLY CALLING FOR A RETURN TO MAXIMUM BRAIN-DAMAGE FOOTBALL! :evil: Which even you admit is harmful! Care to defend THAT? :P
The spectacle of " manly men " fat old Caucasians recining in thir Barcalounger (says this fat aging Caucasian) popping another brewski and saying " Bang your head together more! You'rs paid for it! (BURP) "...well, the more radical-period Malcom X or even Elijah Muhammed (even if Elijah possibly had Malcom killed) might have had some pretty salty language to say about tbs spectacle! Like " trained monkeys "? :twisted: Or bringing ip slave-owners having their property have gladitorial fights? Yes, I'm bringing race into the matter, boo hoo hoo. :wink:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:47 am

@ASS-P: Do you really have to use such an annoying posting style? It's really starting to get on my nerves even though I agree with a great deal of what you say.

Use quotes correctly. Don't pad the length of your posts using huge gaps. Don't use so many emoticons. This isn't MSN. We aren't teenage girls texting one another.

Oh well, at least you don't use purple text.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:30 am

Delete Post

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 29 Sep 2017, 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 8:38 am

While concussions and other physical injuries were known about the extent and permanence of brain injuries were not as well understood until recent years. If a guy had a concusssion the announcers and fans would joke about him being “knocked silly” or say he was in “la la land”.

Related trivia: The song by Foriegner “Double Vision” is about was one of the members of the group seeing New York Rangers goalie John Davidson knocked unconscious.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:44 am

uote="DarthMetaKnight"]@ASS-P: Do you really have to use such an annoying posting style? It's really starting to get on my nerves even though I agree with a great deal of what you say.

Use quotes correctly. Don't pad the length of your posts using huge gaps. Don't use so many emoticons. This isn't MSN. We aren't teenage girls texting one another.

Oh well, at least you don't use purple text.[/quote]

...Oooh, that"s an idea! When the deep purple falls/over sleepy garden walls..." :wink: ! :mrgreen: :lol: ...
Hey, this is tbe Internet! :roll: It's not the New York Review of Books or the New Yorker.
And I"m so uncool...I'm on Yahoo 8O!
And I"m a dumb cluck who didn't go to uni :cry:...........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:48 am

ASS-P wrote:
uote="DarthMetaKnight"]@ASS-P: Do you really have to use such an annoying posting style? It's really starting to get on my nerves even though I agree with a great deal of what you say.

Oh well, at least you don't use purple text.

...Oooh, that"s an idea! When the deep purple falls/over sleepy garden walls..." :wink: ! :mrgreen: :lol: ...
Hey, this is tbe Internet! :roll: It's not the New York Review of Books or the New Yorker.
And I"m so uncool...I'm on Yahoo 8O!
And isn't that sexism? Ageism? " We are all teenage girls. "!
And I"m a dumb cluck who didn't go to uni :cry:...........[/quote]

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Case closed.

I can't think of a sport that hasn't made alterations to the rules of the game over the years in the interest of player (and/or spectator) safety - motorsports being the most obvious example.

Yeah, let's make touch football or flag football the only legal method. I'm sure the stadiums will be packed with spectators to see that.
:roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

Raptor wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Case closed.

Yeah, let's make touch football or flag football the only legal method. I'm sure the stadiums will be packed with spectators to see that.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that, but hey, keep building strawmen to argue with. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 3:02 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Case closed.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that, but hey, keep building strawmen to argue with. :wink:

What rules would be changed to reduce it other then no tackling allowed?
People are suggesting something be done to reduce it.

People,watch nascar for the wrecks, people dying or getting hurt in them only comes later on as a after though, I don’t get while people enjoy others getting hurt but humans do. Football is just a modern Roman fight to the death or man vs lions. But then I don’t like violence, while most men do.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:47 pm

sly279 wrote:
What rules would be changed to reduce it other then no tackling allowed?
People are suggesting something be done to reduce it.

People,watch nascar for the wrecks, people dying or getting hurt in them only comes later on as a after though, I don’t get while people enjoy others getting hurt but humans do. Football is just a modern Roman fight to the death or man vs lions. But then I don’t like violence, while most men do.

Considering rugby players don't have the same rate of concussions as gridiron football, banning tackling wouldn't be required. The way football players tackle changed when the modern style of helmet was introduced, this is where I would focus my attention - altering the way players are taught to tackle so that they're not leading with their heads, effectively more like how they'd tackle without a helmet.

Improvements to the equipment would have the potential to reduce the rate of injury as well.

https://www.si.com/edge/2016/06/15/conc ... all-hockey
https://www.livescience.com/54239-how-t ... safer.html

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う