Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 6:43 pm

Do people here ever pay someone to clean their apartment or house?

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm

I'm to afraid of people for that to work :lol:

I'm also keeping my apartment very minimalistic = less to clean.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 6:55 pm

Enceladus wrote:
I'm also keeping my apartment very minimalistic = less to clean.

Me too!

magz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 2:02 am

I do.
I feel rather anxious and insecure about calling someone to mess with my private mess but as I have a job and little kids, there is no energy left to clean the apartament.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 3:40 am

I have considered it, but I think I'd be rather uncomfortable with strangers in my home touching my stuff. I have, however, considered investing in one of those robot vaccuum cleaners.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 9:58 am

I'm not rich enough for that.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2017, 12:10 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
I'm not rich enough for that.

Same. If I were, though, I'd totally do it. I despise cleaning.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 12:58 am

My mom had a lady come to clean our house every two weeks when she was working. My mom was a teacher & pretty busy with school work after school hours & cooking & other house chores. My dad works in construction. The women didn't charge much but she only did basic stuff like cleaning the floors & some dusting. Me & my mom would clean most of the house in the summer when she was off, we'd clean like one room a week. My mom had her stop coming when she retired because my mom had more time off, less money & the women's granddaughter had a baby & some of the relatives besides her were taking turns babysitting & she didn't know how to fit it in. Also my mom didn't like being around when she was there too much because she talked a lot so my me & mom left the house when she came during the summer.

Me & my girlfriend never had anyone clean our place but we don't have much money since we're both disabled. The 3 jobs I had were cleaning related & I was a really hard worker when I was working but I'm lazy at home. We don't clean things as often as we should here partly because I have a hard time doing certain task & my girlfriend has problems with stress, depression & fibromyalgia. Most of the stuff here is her's, she has LOTS of knickknacks & books & i would mess them up if I tried cleaning around them all since our place is small.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.