Was it a good idea for me to be here/declare myself Aspie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:28 pm

I wonder somtimes if it was. I meant to look up exactly when I signex on here before I wrote this, but I forgot to...and I have to get SOMETHING! up before this phone runs out of power :( . I think it's been more than ten years.
I never got any face-to-face real friendships out of coming here, that's for sure :(. Much of my imavining myself as " Aspie " has been a vague yearning tl somehow do my school/early years over again and " have people be a little nicer to me tbis time ", which is sure not gking to happen :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . A y slight biological basis for AS-ness that could, perhaps, be reduced some with some sort of pills or whatever- Well, my coping mechanisms have so formed a shell around me, and besides, I'm not going to be in any position of good secirity/stability any time soln that might could let me move in that general direction.
My economic/social status sort of overrides everytbing else about me- and tbe facy that I manage to scrape up some computer time belies(?) that, I was like that before I was AS-oriented - And with near-nil " real " compjter knoedge :cry: . My health has certainly gone downhill over the last 10 years :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . I certainly look like a aved hobo/ex-Sir Doug Sahm roadie, ironic for such a would-be punker/powerpopper-Mod in my youth :( , I ca 't exa tly pull off a " cutd Aspie kid " Lovin' Spoonful/Beatles haircut anymore :(. Once I could :cry:.
Whenever I've gdied to get (non-financial) help here, like with college or computer skills, it's gone " ploop! "/bubble gum-popped in my face :( .
Maybe it was overly negative to declare myself " Aspie "? But then, what else would I have done :(?
I hate psychaitrists/etc. so, they f****d UP MY LIFE! back in 1980, etc. :cry:.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:46 pm

Saddly I think there would be advantages to you in jail. You would get free food, free housing, chances for education, and the best health care possible to anyone except the super rich.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:32 pm

ASS-P wrote:
I never got any face-to-face real friendships out of coming here, that's for sure :(

Has anyone ? Have members met up due this website ? If so , was it a good thing or a bad thing ?

I for one know I can be quite social on this forum but IRL I'm shy , introverted and not really great company when I'm anxious or depressed.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:50 pm

^yes, some have met partners here... surely some have made offline friends as well.

met first love here after a series of unlikely events. it was an overall positive experience. she’s the greatest life teacher ever met, and... don’t even believe these words would be here without her led example.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm

Nope....health care in jail generally sucks.

In some jails now, you get "two hots and a cot" instead of "three hots."

In almost all jails, people supplement the prison fare (which is never good) with "canteen."

It's really not nice in most "county jails."

Some Federal prisons (especially the minimum security ones) might have decent food and decent medical care. Maximum security: Forget about it.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 10:25 am

...I did do Santa Cruz county jail time over various periods in 2013 and 2015, about a month-and-a-half total over that whole period, it was before some were here, so...I wrote abouf it then, afterward (I didn't have Internet access while inside.), old lines that can still be found. I was stationed in the " main " jail, downtown (in gen-pop/non violent), not the in a more rural area all-medium security?? "The Farm " longer-term?? jail in Watsonville, as the Farm didn't have medical capacities the downtown did. I did get medical for the then just one infected toe, out of 9&1/2 that I had then :cry: , as it was grody enough to get attention. I don't know that the Farm would've had any programs relevant/available to me if I'd been there, I have a HS diploma and don't need a GED.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2017, 10:32 am

I would never meet anyone I met online anywhere, it is a dangerous thing to do

BBC: Radio 4

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 1:57 pm

...I would not take it that far, it would depend on the circumstance...I don't think the manner of meeting woud matter all that much , whether through USPS letter-writing, a third party, or a personals ad.
This rehab place is somewhat understaffed, I wili go lengthy periods with the call button not answered, and the IV of antibiotics I am supposed to get twice a day through my PICClinre gets forgotten sometimes, this morning it was 90?? minutes late before I got it and when it ran out it was over 15 minutes of the machine nuclear attack warning booping for over 15 minutes before they came & turned it off & disconnnected me. My guess " main " doctor is Asian Indian I think and rather bossy/commanding...

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 2:08 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I did do Santa Cruz county jail time over various periods in 2013 and 2015, about a month-and-a-half total over that whole period, it was before some were here, so...I wrote abouf it then, afterward (I didn't have Internet access while inside.), old lines that can still be found. I was stationed in the " main " jail, downtown (in gen-pop/non violent), not the in a more rural area all-medium security?? "The Farm " longer-term?? jail in Watsonville, as the Farm didn't have medical capacities the downtown did. I did get medical for the then just one infected toe, out of 9&1/2 that I had then :cry: , as it was grody enough to get attention. I don't know that the Farm would've had any programs relevant/available to me if I'd been there, I have a HS diploma and don't need a GED.

I've looked over your post history if only because I cant look away from your story. I think the way you were treated by police in SC was not only BS and abuse of power but criminal as well. I am of the mind that American police generally would horrify the founding fathers and are precisely what they wrote the Constitution to prevent. I can understand an Aspie who lives under the lash of NTs who dislike him, and your situation would be horrible to any of us--no privacy, you cant do what you want when you want, you cant have most of the things you like.

What I observe regarding the street people of Chicago is that they lack what I would call a "social immune system". They are often harassed by police when not doing anything illegal just because of how they look. They are robbed and have other crimes committed against them all the time, and no one cares. They get arrested and end up in jail for things people who are not homeless would not because of not being able to make bail, not being able to pay fines, not being able to hire legal representation (the court does not respect Public Defender cases), and not being able to make court dates. In addition Chicago courts are packed with cases and generally dysfunctional--police don't show up trials and etc. This can mean a long time in jail if you cant make bail, for a case that will ultimately be thrown out for want of prosecution. That is typically how misdeamenor cases go in Cook County court. They basically are not prosecuted--just continued and continued until the judge sees that to much time has passed.