How many Trump supporters can be persuaded?

Page 9 of 10 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 19 Nov 2015
Posts: 172

08 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.


No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.


Oh. Not denying there aren't bad apples in every group like I said but those aren't necessarily anti Trump people. Most of those are probably anarchists.


No. Not anarchists. Everyday people out on the street in a neighborhood. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about and you're just obfuscating.

But I understand it I think. A lot of people got deeply sucked into liberalism and now they feel like the movement is crumbling (which it is) and they are angry and frightened.



I do. Have you considered that maybe *some* are also posers. They just want you to believe that they are left. People are sometimes paid to do things like that, probably even happens more often in the political world because politics can be just nasty.

In any case it doesn't change the fact that the other side is guilty too.
Also while what they are doing is not right, there wasn't as much of this before Trump was president. People are scared so they sometimes act irrational and not scared of liberalism leaving. They have real fears. They never did this stuff when Bush was president. They did not like him and blamed him for 9-11 sure but they didn't act out in this extreme.
This is because Trump is to blame. He may not have pulled the trigger but the words he uses condones violence. Let's not forget even as recently as a few months ago he shunned that side but failed to say anything about the Nazis. It wasn't until later where they prepared a speech for him to say so he only did it because he was told to. When he failed to shun them it was a Freudian slip.

Now before you say nah you say that because you're anti Trump/left, I have been a fan of certain musicians and I would get ashamed by the fanbase so I'm not one to support my side. I also find women to be awful just as much as men if only in a different way. For once my side isn't the main problem. There are bad apples but none as bad as the one in the White House.

I don't know what the worse part is..they're all bad but when Trump pardoned Joe Arpaio that's just one example that tells you exactly what kind of person he is. Okay so you might be thinking to yourself well maybe he didn't know how bad he was but that makes him ignorant and that isn't much better.

I always saw politics as a psychological matter more than anything else and I still do and the fact of the matter is Trump is an awful person. I never liked him way before he even knew who he was and the majority of the time if I have a bad vibe about someone it's right. I was one of those rare people who knew Trump would win even.

I don't think we should be scared of Trump persay. He's a moron (sry not sorry) but we should be scared of the effect he has on the world.
If he was a regular citizen no problem..I still didn't like him like I said but at least I could ignore him but now world leaders don't want anything to do with us because of him. There was one specifically that admitted that.
We might lose our allies because he's that much of an embarrassment.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,783
Location: Twin Peaks

08 Nov 2017, 11:51 am

Nickchick wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.


No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.


Oh. Not denying there aren't bad apples in every group like I said but those aren't necessarily anti Trump people. Most of those are probably anarchists.


No. Not anarchists. Everyday people out on the street in a neighborhood. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about and you're just obfuscating.

But I understand it I think. A lot of people got deeply sucked into liberalism and now they feel like the movement is crumbling (which it is) and they are angry and frightened.



I do. Have you considered that maybe *some* are also posers. They just want you to believe that they are left. People are sometimes paid to do things like that, probably even happens more often in the political world because politics can be just nasty.

In any case it doesn't change the fact that the other side is guilty too.
Also while what they are doing is not right, there wasn't as much of this before Trump was president. People are scared so they sometimes act irrational and not scared of liberalism leaving. They have real fears. They never did this stuff when Bush was president. They did not like him and blamed him for 9-11 sure but they didn't act out in this extreme.
This is because Trump is to blame. He may not have pulled the trigger but the words he uses condones violence. Let's not forget even as recently as a few months ago he shunned that side but failed to say anything about the Nazis. It wasn't until later where they prepared a speech for him to say so he only did it because he was told to. When he failed to shun them it was a Freudian slip.

Now before you say nah you say that because you're anti Trump/left, I have been a fan of certain musicians and I would get ashamed by the fanbase so I'm not one to support my side. I also find women to be awful just as much as men if only in a different way. For once my side isn't the main problem. There are bad apples but none as bad as the one in the White House.

I don't know what the worse part is..they're all bad but when Trump pardoned Joe Arpaio that's just one example that tells you exactly what kind of person he is. Okay so you might be thinking to yourself well maybe he didn't know how bad he was but that makes him ignorant and that isn't much better.

I always saw politics as a psychological matter more than anything else and I still do and the fact of the matter is Trump is an awful person. I never liked him way before he even knew who he was and the majority of the time if I have a bad vibe about someone it's right. I was one of those rare people who knew Trump would win even.

I don't think we should be scared of Trump persay. He's a moron (sry not sorry) but we should be scared of the effect he has on the world.
If he was a regular citizen no problem..I still didn't like him like I said but at least I could ignore him but now world leaders don't want anything to do with us because of him. There was one specifically that admitted that.
We might lose our allies because he's that much of an embarrassment.


Why is it that some people personalize my comments when they're not personalized. It's hard to separate how much of this is about Trump and how much is about you.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,440
Location: Adelaide, Australia

08 Nov 2017, 3:52 pm


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,714
Location: New Zealand

08 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
I have been researching data to find out how much Trump supporters may change their minds and vote for the other candidate in the future. These are the historical trends of how much voters changed their minds and voted for the other candidate.

Hoover lost an estimated 26% of his voters from 1928 to 1932.

From 1976 to 1980 around 13% of Jimmy Carter voters changed their minds.

From 1979 to 1983 around 5% of Thatcher voters changed their minds and decided not to vote for their candidate.

From 1988 to 1992 around 20% of Bush voters changed their minds and did not vote for him.

From 1992 to 1997 around 32% of voters for John Major turned against him.

From 2008 to 2012 around 5% of Obama voters changed their mind and did not vote for the president the second time around.

From 2008 to 2013 around 43% of Berlusconi voters changed their minds and voted against their candidate.

From the looks it seems as though only around 15% roughly of Trump voters will ever change their minds. And around 30% if the circumstances prove extreme. To me that is said, two thirds of all Trump voters almost appear to be closed off now. Is their a way that can be changed?


The election of two Democratic governors this week hints strongly that some republicans have had a gutsful of Trump's lies and egotistical rule.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,757
Location: Long Island, New York

08 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm

We are in uncharted waters where lessons of the past might be partially or totally useless.


_________________
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,120
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

08 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm

It's the political philosophy pressed by the likes of Steve Bannon, Richard Spenser, and other high profile Alt Right white nationalists who got a populist movement rolling behind trump by appealing to racial and religious bigotry, supports racist movements, threatens freedom of the press, and calls for the jailing of political opponents, just to rattle off a few things.
By the way, with yesterdays Democratic wins, I hardly think the liberalism is about to crumble. Especially since Trumpian appeals to homophobia/transphopia, and religious and racial bigotry failed miserably. Just because that formula worked for Trump with red state hillbillies doesn't mean it has nation wide appeal.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 66,459
Location: Queens, NYC

08 Nov 2017, 10:49 pm

There's lots of conservatively-minded people in Virginia.

I would bet many religious people there got tired of the amorality of Trump----and took it out on the Republican candidate.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,120
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

08 Nov 2017, 11:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It's the political philosophy pressed by the likes of Steve Bannon, Richard Spenser, and other high profile Alt Right white nationalists who got a populist movement rolling behind trump by appealing to racial and religious bigotry, supports racist movements, threatens freedom of the press, and calls for the jailing of political opponents, just to rattle off a few things.
By the way, with yesterdays Democratic wins, I hardly think the liberalism is about to crumble. Especially since Trumpian appeals to homophobia/transphopia, and religious and racial bigotry failed miserably. Just because that formula worked for Trump with red state hillbillies doesn't mean it has nation wide appeal.


I should have said, this last post was to answer Ezra.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


jikijiki53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 99
Location: Near Pittsburgh PA

10 Nov 2017, 11:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
jikijiki53 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.


No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.



And they wouldn't stop doing it because of the leftist media continuing to push out the Anti-Trump Propaganda saying he did this or did that or saying "That's offensive" or "That'll ruin America." He is actually doing the right thing so far.

As far as him acting like he's a jerk is because other people are acting like jerks. It's a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I thought at first he was offensive to me, but when I watch the conservative news on Youtube, he really wasn't. The leftist media tries to think like he is being serious when really he isn't. The reason behind why Trump won the election in the first place is because of Hillary lying, the email scandal, and most of all NTs are waking up to the fact that there is a major problem from the Democrats side because of Hillary being there and the history behind her and Bill's mischevious schemes and the Fake leftist News. Do I still watch Youtube videos on people from the left? Yes, not as often because of them still bringing information on how bad Trump is and how bad it's going to be for this country. I know people still might change their mind on voting Trump again in 2020. I get that, but I do believe that Trump will win again in 2020 if the Democrats keep up with their schemes. If you watch some conservative news you'll have a different opinion. You'll also see how bad some of the leftists are. It's unbelievable.

The hate groups Antifa, Far Right, Far Left, whatever it's called, are there for the same reason, brainwashed by leftist media. Thanks to George Soros.

Trump is much different if you look at the conservative side of things. That is what the majority of people look up to.

Even though I'm autistic myself, I double check to make sure the information is factual as it can be and not information that can be brainwashing.

Lastly, Conservatives are there for balancing. They are looking for common ground. Watch a PragerU video on youtube on why a pay raise to $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad idea or on the Civil War and Slavery.


If Trump is polite on conservative shows and videos, it's only because that's his base. And even if his rudeness and vulgarities are an act, that's no way for the President to behave. The Oval Office isn't a reality TV show.
As far as doing the right thing - giving people in coal country false hope, all the while turning the clock back in alternative energy development helps no one but China, which is moving forward to replace us in that field.
The people he chose to head various departments, such as the EPA, and education, are jokes.
His healthcare scheme is motivated by his narcissistic need to erase Obama's name and accomplishments from the public record, even if that means leaving millions of Americans with zero access to health care.
Empowering the real hate groups of the Alt Right is nothing short of deplorable. By the way, if you're down on Antifa, you can thank Trump and the Alt Right for their birth, as Trump and friends are the only reason why Antifa even exists.
As for conservative stances on slavery and the Civil War - - are you talking about Neo-Confederate revisionism? Because as one who has earned a degree in history, I can tell you that revisionism is a crock of sh*t.



Even though Trump acts the way he does, he's doing it for a purpose. It's to not be politically correct unlike the corrupted left. They say these things and yet they do nothing to put on what's done about it except to only make the situation worse. He would let people in the coal country still do their work because Trump doesn't believe in climate change. Yes he may change his stance on it from time to time, but there is one possible reason why the Antarctic ice is melting and one of them is not because of man-made climate change. Obama made very outspoken promises about the healthcare that some parts of the healthcare promised never came to be because of the Republican-held Congress and made it fail because of issues that were in it were too bold. That's what I mean about looking for common ground. Trump has called for the blame of Antifa, and the Alt-Right because they were causing too much violence. They have killed innocent people during that mayhem who had no part in that.

No. Neo-Confederates are people who are somehow offended by the statues of Confederate soldiers and want's them removed from landmarks. That's Neo-Confederate revisionism. Wanting to repeat history by erasing history.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,120
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

10 Nov 2017, 11:40 pm

jikijiki53 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jikijiki53 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.


No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.



And they wouldn't stop doing it because of the leftist media continuing to push out the Anti-Trump Propaganda saying he did this or did that or saying "That's offensive" or "That'll ruin America." He is actually doing the right thing so far.

As far as him acting like he's a jerk is because other people are acting like jerks. It's a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I thought at first he was offensive to me, but when I watch the conservative news on Youtube, he really wasn't. The leftist media tries to think like he is being serious when really he isn't. The reason behind why Trump won the election in the first place is because of Hillary lying, the email scandal, and most of all NTs are waking up to the fact that there is a major problem from the Democrats side because of Hillary being there and the history behind her and Bill's mischevious schemes and the Fake leftist News. Do I still watch Youtube videos on people from the left? Yes, not as often because of them still bringing information on how bad Trump is and how bad it's going to be for this country. I know people still might change their mind on voting Trump again in 2020. I get that, but I do believe that Trump will win again in 2020 if the Democrats keep up with their schemes. If you watch some conservative news you'll have a different opinion. You'll also see how bad some of the leftists are. It's unbelievable.

The hate groups Antifa, Far Right, Far Left, whatever it's called, are there for the same reason, brainwashed by leftist media. Thanks to George Soros.

Trump is much different if you look at the conservative side of things. That is what the majority of people look up to.

Even though I'm autistic myself, I double check to make sure the information is factual as it can be and not information that can be brainwashing.

Lastly, Conservatives are there for balancing. They are looking for common ground. Watch a PragerU video on youtube on why a pay raise to $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad idea or on the Civil War and Slavery.


If Trump is polite on conservative shows and videos, it's only because that's his base. And even if his rudeness and vulgarities are an act, that's no way for the President to behave. The Oval Office isn't a reality TV show.
As far as doing the right thing - giving people in coal country false hope, all the while turning the clock back in alternative energy development helps no one but China, which is moving forward to replace us in that field.
The people he chose to head various departments, such as the EPA, and education, are jokes.
His healthcare scheme is motivated by his narcissistic need to erase Obama's name and accomplishments from the public record, even if that means leaving millions of Americans with zero access to health care.
Empowering the real hate groups of the Alt Right is nothing short of deplorable. By the way, if you're down on Antifa, you can thank Trump and the Alt Right for their birth, as Trump and friends are the only reason why Antifa even exists.
As for conservative stances on slavery and the Civil War - - are you talking about Neo-Confederate revisionism? Because as one who has earned a degree in history, I can tell you that revisionism is a crock of sh*t.



Even though Trump acts the way he does, he's doing it for a purpose. It's to not be politically correct unlike the corrupted left. They say these things and yet they do nothing to put on what's done about it except to only make the situation worse. He would let people in the coal country still do their work because Trump doesn't believe in climate change. Yes he may change his stance on it from time to time, but there is one possible reason why the Antarctic ice is melting and one of them is not because of man-made climate change. Obama made very outspoken promises about the healthcare that some parts of the healthcare promised never came to be because of the Republican-held Congress and made it fail because of issues that were in it were too bold. That's what I mean about looking for common ground. Trump has called for the blame of Antifa, and the Alt-Right because they were causing too much violence. They have killed innocent people during that mayhem who had no part in that.

No. Neo-Confederates are people who are somehow offended by the statues of Confederate soldiers and want's them removed from landmarks. That's Neo-Confederate revisionism. Wanting to repeat history by erasing history.


Uh, no, I'm pretty certain Neo-Confederates are racists who defend "the Lost Cause," and who justify slavery and racism with their revisionism of Civil War history. The people you are talking about are Anti-Confederates.
While Antifa has gotten out of hand with destruction of property, they haven't committed murder, like the Alt Right.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


jikijiki53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 99
Location: Near Pittsburgh PA

11 Nov 2017, 12:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
jikijiki53 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jikijiki53 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.


No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.



And they wouldn't stop doing it because of the leftist media continuing to push out the Anti-Trump Propaganda saying he did this or did that or saying "That's offensive" or "That'll ruin America." He is actually doing the right thing so far.

As far as him acting like he's a jerk is because other people are acting like jerks. It's a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I thought at first he was offensive to me, but when I watch the conservative news on Youtube, he really wasn't. The leftist media tries to think like he is being serious when really he isn't. The reason behind why Trump won the election in the first place is because of Hillary lying, the email scandal, and most of all NTs are waking up to the fact that there is a major problem from the Democrats side because of Hillary being there and the history behind her and Bill's mischevious schemes and the Fake leftist News. Do I still watch Youtube videos on people from the left? Yes, not as often because of them still bringing information on how bad Trump is and how bad it's going to be for this country. I know people still might change their mind on voting Trump again in 2020. I get that, but I do believe that Trump will win again in 2020 if the Democrats keep up with their schemes. If you watch some conservative news you'll have a different opinion. You'll also see how bad some of the leftists are. It's unbelievable.

The hate groups Antifa, Far Right, Far Left, whatever it's called, are there for the same reason, brainwashed by leftist media. Thanks to George Soros.

Trump is much different if you look at the conservative side of things. That is what the majority of people look up to.

Even though I'm autistic myself, I double check to make sure the information is factual as it can be and not information that can be brainwashing.

Lastly, Conservatives are there for balancing. They are looking for common ground. Watch a PragerU video on youtube on why a pay raise to $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad idea or on the Civil War and Slavery.


If Trump is polite on conservative shows and videos, it's only because that's his base. And even if his rudeness and vulgarities are an act, that's no way for the President to behave. The Oval Office isn't a reality TV show.
As far as doing the right thing - giving people in coal country false hope, all the while turning the clock back in alternative energy development helps no one but China, which is moving forward to replace us in that field.
The people he chose to head various departments, such as the EPA, and education, are jokes.
His healthcare scheme is motivated by his narcissistic need to erase Obama's name and accomplishments from the public record, even if that means leaving millions of Americans with zero access to health care.
Empowering the real hate groups of the Alt Right is nothing short of deplorable. By the way, if you're down on Antifa, you can thank Trump and the Alt Right for their birth, as Trump and friends are the only reason why Antifa even exists.
As for conservative stances on slavery and the Civil War - - are you talking about Neo-Confederate revisionism? Because as one who has earned a degree in history, I can tell you that revisionism is a crock of sh*t.



Even though Trump acts the way he does, he's doing it for a purpose. It's to not be politically correct unlike the corrupted left. They say these things and yet they do nothing to put on what's done about it except to only make the situation worse. He would let people in the coal country still do their work because Trump doesn't believe in climate change. Yes he may change his stance on it from time to time, but there is one possible reason why the Antarctic ice is melting and one of them is not because of man-made climate change. Obama made very outspoken promises about the healthcare that some parts of the healthcare promised never came to be because of the Republican-held Congress and made it fail because of issues that were in it were too bold. That's what I mean about looking for common ground. Trump has called for the blame of Antifa, and the Alt-Right because they were causing too much violence. They have killed innocent people during that mayhem who had no part in that.

No. Neo-Confederates are people who are somehow offended by the statues of Confederate soldiers and want's them removed from landmarks. That's Neo-Confederate revisionism. Wanting to repeat history by erasing history.


Uh, no, I'm pretty certain Neo-Confederates are racists who defend "the Lost Cause," and who justify slavery and racism with their revisionism of Civil War history. The people you are talking about are Anti-Confederates.
While Antifa has gotten out of hand with destruction of property, they haven't committed murder, like the Alt Right.


Either way. Both of them are protesting the wrong way and they should pay for it.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,120
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Nov 2017, 3:59 am

jikijiki53 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jikijiki53 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
jikijiki53 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.


No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.



And they wouldn't stop doing it because of the leftist media continuing to push out the Anti-Trump Propaganda saying he did this or did that or saying "That's offensive" or "That'll ruin America." He is actually doing the right thing so far.

As far as him acting like he's a jerk is because other people are acting like jerks. It's a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I thought at first he was offensive to me, but when I watch the conservative news on Youtube, he really wasn't. The leftist media tries to think like he is being serious when really he isn't. The reason behind why Trump won the election in the first place is because of Hillary lying, the email scandal, and most of all NTs are waking up to the fact that there is a major problem from the Democrats side because of Hillary being there and the history behind her and Bill's mischevious schemes and the Fake leftist News. Do I still watch Youtube videos on people from the left? Yes, not as often because of them still bringing information on how bad Trump is and how bad it's going to be for this country. I know people still might change their mind on voting Trump again in 2020. I get that, but I do believe that Trump will win again in 2020 if the Democrats keep up with their schemes. If you watch some conservative news you'll have a different opinion. You'll also see how bad some of the leftists are. It's unbelievable.

The hate groups Antifa, Far Right, Far Left, whatever it's called, are there for the same reason, brainwashed by leftist media. Thanks to George Soros.

Trump is much different if you look at the conservative side of things. That is what the majority of people look up to.

Even though I'm autistic myself, I double check to make sure the information is factual as it can be and not information that can be brainwashing.

Lastly, Conservatives are there for balancing. They are looking for common ground. Watch a PragerU video on youtube on why a pay raise to $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad idea or on the Civil War and Slavery.


If Trump is polite on conservative shows and videos, it's only because that's his base. And even if his rudeness and vulgarities are an act, that's no way for the President to behave. The Oval Office isn't a reality TV show.
As far as doing the right thing - giving people in coal country false hope, all the while turning the clock back in alternative energy development helps no one but China, which is moving forward to replace us in that field.
The people he chose to head various departments, such as the EPA, and education, are jokes.
His healthcare scheme is motivated by his narcissistic need to erase Obama's name and accomplishments from the public record, even if that means leaving millions of Americans with zero access to health care.
Empowering the real hate groups of the Alt Right is nothing short of deplorable. By the way, if you're down on Antifa, you can thank Trump and the Alt Right for their birth, as Trump and friends are the only reason why Antifa even exists.
As for conservative stances on slavery and the Civil War - - are you talking about Neo-Confederate revisionism? Because as one who has earned a degree in history, I can tell you that revisionism is a crock of sh*t.



Even though Trump acts the way he does, he's doing it for a purpose. It's to not be politically correct unlike the corrupted left. They say these things and yet they do nothing to put on what's done about it except to only make the situation worse. He would let people in the coal country still do their work because Trump doesn't believe in climate change. Yes he may change his stance on it from time to time, but there is one possible reason why the Antarctic ice is melting and one of them is not because of man-made climate change. Obama made very outspoken promises about the healthcare that some parts of the healthcare promised never came to be because of the Republican-held Congress and made it fail because of issues that were in it were too bold. That's what I mean about looking for common ground. Trump has called for the blame of Antifa, and the Alt-Right because they were causing too much violence. They have killed innocent people during that mayhem who had no part in that.

No. Neo-Confederates are people who are somehow offended by the statues of Confederate soldiers and want's them removed from landmarks. That's Neo-Confederate revisionism. Wanting to repeat history by erasing history.


Uh, no, I'm pretty certain Neo-Confederates are racists who defend "the Lost Cause," and who justify slavery and racism with their revisionism of Civil War history. The people you are talking about are Anti-Confederates.
While Antifa has gotten out of hand with destruction of property, they haven't committed murder, like the Alt Right.


Either way. Both of them are protesting the wrong way and they should pay for it.


Why pay for it? Dissension is part of the American experience, whether right or wrong. Thusly, people should have the right to b*tch and moan about what they want.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,891

11 Nov 2017, 5:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There's lots of conservatively-minded people in Virginia.

I would bet many religious people there got tired of the amorality of Trump----and took it out on the Republican candidate.


Was speaking recently to a friend who lives in VA. She said there's a lot of dissatisfaction with the red side of Congress amongst GOP voters, which matches what I'm reading on social media and in the press.

Far from being a protest against Trump, this seems to be a revolt against the 'establishment' perceived to be undermining or failing to support him.



jikijiki53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 99
Location: Near Pittsburgh PA

14 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

Why pay for it? Dissension is part of the American experience, whether right or wrong. Thusly, people should have the right to b*tch and moan about what they want.[/quote]

Ok yes I know people have the right to complain about things but destroying other people's property while complaining about their issues is not the way how it should be. It's ok to protest on the streets, just not on other people's property and destroying it. (That's what I was getting at.)



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,120
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Nov 2017, 5:06 pm

jikijiki53 wrote:
Why pay for it? Dissension is part of the American experience, whether right or wrong. Thusly, people should have the right to b*tch and moan about what they want.


Ok yes I know people have the right to complain about things but destroying other people's property while complaining about their issues is not the way how it should be. It's ok to protest on the streets, just not on other people's property and destroying it. (That's what I was getting at.)[/quote]

Sure. But not all Anti-Trumpers have engaged in such destructive behavior, through they get painted with the same brush.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer