Chuck Schumer Turned Down Offer From Trump About ACA Repeal

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,940
Location: Portland, Oregon

07 Oct 2017, 4:12 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/politics/trump-schumer-obamacare.html


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,196
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Oct 2017, 10:49 pm

it seems the gopers think us useless eaters should not have health care, as that is a uniquely American privilege of wealth for the wealthy only.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,781
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Oct 2017, 8:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it seems the gopers think us useless eaters should not have health care, as that is a uniquely American privilege of wealth for the wealthy only.


I wonder if Trump's poorer supporters will remember who took their health care away in the next Presidential election.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,196
Location: the island of defective toy santas

14 Oct 2017, 8:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it seems the gopers think us useless eaters should not have health care, as that is a uniquely American privilege of wealth for the wealthy only.


I wonder if Trump's poorer supporters will remember who took their health care away in the next Presidential election.

naw, they're trained well to reflexively blame democrats/lefties for everything no matter what. :| what is going on, is a dissocial phenomenon similar to the social underpinnings of tribes and gangs, we're not in their tribe so we are automatically the enemy no matter what we do.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,781
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Oct 2017, 9:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it seems the gopers think us useless eaters should not have health care, as that is a uniquely American privilege of wealth for the wealthy only.


I wonder if Trump's poorer supporters will remember who took their health care away in the next Presidential election.

naw, they're trained well to reflexively blame democrats/lefties for everything no matter what. :| what is going on, is a dissocial phenomenon similar to the social underpinnings of tribes and gangs, we're not in their tribe so we are automatically the enemy no matter what we do.


Unfortunately, I think you're right. :(


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

15 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm

So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,781
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Oct 2017, 10:31 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Oct 2017, 11:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.



Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2017
Age: 65
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,749

15 Oct 2017, 11:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it seems the gopers think us useless eaters should not have health care, as that is a uniquely American privilege of wealth for the wealthy only.


I wonder if Trump's poorer supporters will remember who took their health care away in the next Presidential election.

naw, they're trained well to reflexively blame democrats/lefties for everything no matter what. :| what is going on, is a dissocial phenomenon similar to the social underpinnings of tribes and gangs, we're not in their tribe so we are automatically the enemy no matter what we do.


Nailed it.


_________________
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,196
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Oct 2017, 11:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.

what makes you believe POTUS has anything better than this in mind? the old GOP trope of making fake insurance for a slightly lower premium the answer to our health care affordability problem, is patently a gyp.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

16 Oct 2017, 1:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.

what makes you believe POTUS has anything better than this in mind? the old GOP trope of making fake insurance for a slightly lower premium the answer to our health care affordability problem, is patently a gyp.


I don't know that he has anything better. At first it sounded like he might. But at this point I have no idea. Too much bureaucracy snafu involved. Too much Schumer and McCain etc trying to foil Trump's plans etc, rather any of them caring anything about the average worker.

I think maybe if America's blue collar backbone thinks an even greater republican majority will allow a more affordable healthcare plan to get passed, then that's how they're likely to vote.

The argument that their original actually affordable pre-obamacare employer provided plans were insignificant or fake or whatever, only seems used by those who never had those healthcare plans ripped away from them and forcefully replaced with something that totally sucks. They want back what they had before obamacare.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,196
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Oct 2017, 1:32 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.

what makes you believe POTUS has anything better than this in mind? the old GOP trope of making fake insurance for a slightly lower premium the answer to our health care affordability problem, is patently a gyp.


I don't know that he has anything better. At first it sounded like he might. But at this point I have no idea. Too much bureaucracy snafu involved. Too much Schumer and McCain etc trying to foil Trump's plans etc, rather any of them caring anything about the average worker.

I think maybe if America's blue collar backbone thinks an even greater republican majority will allow a more affordable healthcare plan to get passed, then that's how they're likely to vote. The argument that their original actually affordable pre-obamacare employer provided plans were insignificant or fake or whatever, only seems used by those who never had those healthcare plans ripped away from them and forcefully replaced with something that totally sucks. They want back what they had before obamacare.

if the working class votes for more gop perfidy, that is what they're gonna get. and what they had before ACA was precisely NOTHING, for the most part. only the middle and upper classes had any affordable access to health care. ACA was the first time affordable health care was actually made available to the lower class. the people complaining about it are the MIDDLE CLASS.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,781
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

16 Oct 2017, 1:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.


I can't speak for Blabby, but starving artists such as myself don't have that sort of money lying around. If I did, it would be squandered on beer, and I'm hardly the only one. So much better to have the government provide something for all of us.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,196
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Oct 2017, 1:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.


I can't speak for Blabby, but starving artists such as myself don't have that sort of money lying around. If I did, it would be squandered on beer, and I'm hardly the only one. So much better to have the government provide something for all of us.

I don't believe that person actually believes that the bulk of ACA's beneficiaries pay that much after the subsidies. he is just being contentious. or he is misinformed by a longshot. or both.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

16 Oct 2017, 3:49 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
So, Trump asks Democrats to work on better health care, and they turn him down.


Who says what Trump envisions is in any way better? Millions of people will be tossed off the insurance rolls, and those remaining will have their benefits cut dramatically.


I take it you and AB don't have the $285 per month premium, $10,000 deductible, limited 50% coverage Obamacare most moderate to low income workers are stuck with.


I can't speak for Blabby, but starving artists such as myself don't have that sort of money lying around. If I did, it would be squandered on beer, and I'm hardly the only one. So much better to have the government provide something for all of us.


Most blue collar workers don't have that sort of money laying around either. Many have to work overtime or have a second job to be able to pay for their "affordable healthcare". Like I said, no one in that boat is going to have anything good to say about obamacare.

And I agree, there should be something for everyone. ACA should have been optional. Obama's claim that "if you like your plan, you get to keep your plan" should have been the way it worked.

The only way to really be able to afford healthcare now, is to become indigent. One of my dad's cousins, who was developing health problems ended up doing. He's barely working and living in someone's garage so he can get subsidized healthcare.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,196
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Oct 2017, 3:55 am

to give the lie to people saying ALL ACA recipients had to pay "285/month $10k deductible 50% coverage"- when I was on it, my monthly premium was less than $50/month, my deductible was $6000 and my coverage was 80%. so there. :roll: that was for a "bronze plan." I am so tired of people who talk of something they know nothing of, telling me what my experience was. :roll: :roll: