Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 8:16 am

Everytime I start thinking about dating again, beyond all other frustrations I've expressed on this forum, this is probably the one thing that concerns me the most. Based on my own experiences and my gut feeling, it just strikes me as statistically extremely unlikely to be able to be in a comitted relationship long term, without being cheated on in one way or another.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2017, 8:37 am

Here in Poland commited relationships are seen as very serious stuff and once you are in one, you are constdered not available by a great majority. Cheating on exams is way more prevalent and socially accepted than cheating in relationships.
However, I once spoke to a Duchman, who complained that people around him are not a bit discouraged when trying to pick up his wife.
So it may vary around the world greatly.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 8:49 am

magz wrote:
Here in Poland commited relationships are seen as very serious stuff and once you are in one, you are constdered not available by a great majority. Cheating on exams is way more prevalent and socially accepted than cheating in relationships.
However, I once spoke to a Duchman, who complained that people around him are not a bit discouraged when trying to pick up his wife.
So it may vary around the world greatly.

Hmm.. I feel that in sweden, that even the slightest bit of dissatisfaction can be used to justify infidelity.
We're also a very promiscuous culture, it seems like people's own selfish sexual desires are deemed more important than loyalty.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 12:56 pm

I'm sometimes afraid of that, but there are a lot of bad things that could happen in life. Thinking about the potential for everything from robbery to illness, there's a lot to be afraid of. Yet avoiding everything to avoid potential negatives would lead to a far more miserable life. All friendships and relationships require some faith.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 1:21 pm

Canary wrote:
I'm sometimes afraid of that, but there are a lot of bad things that could happen in life. Thinking about the potential for everything from robbery to illness, there's a lot to be afraid of. Yet avoiding everything to avoid potential negatives would lead to a far more miserable life. All friendships and relationships require some faith.

But If I get robbed I would know, same with illnesses.

Most times when people cheat on you they won't tell you, so it's something you have to discover for yourself. It's very painful.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

Evil thought: Make a deal with the hottest and wealthiest male friend you know; ask him to attempt to seduce her - if he succeeds then he can have her.

And you will know she was a cheater.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 2:14 pm

If you don't trust your partner the relationship is bound to crumble anyway. Might as well just go for it and not worry about the potential for cheating.