I forgot my only friends birthday yesterday..

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NamelessNinja42
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2017, 9:46 am

Can someone maybe reassure me that this isn't too big of a deal? Why am I like this.. I didn't tell him happy birthday until he reminded me the night of.. and it's his 21st... is this why I have close to no friends?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:51 am

NamelessNinja42 wrote:
Can someone maybe reassure me that this isn't too big of a deal? Why am I like this.. I didn't tell him happy birthday until he reminded me the night of.. and it's his 21st... is this why I have close to no friends?

Many Autistics have trouble with getting so hyperfocused on our special interests we forget to do important things such as eating. Also many of us have trouble with multitasking meaning if we are being bombarded with a lot of things all at once important things will be forgotten.

Very often if I put a task off it never gets done or gets done weeks later.

"Reminders" on Calendar apps are helpful with this problem.

As far as your friend being insulted it depends on his personality, how well he knows you etc.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2017, 1:47 pm

I often forget about birthsdays, even my own. Well, it seems my family and friends accepted it after some struggle - and I try my best to remember. But I seldom know what date is today, so it is kinda hard.
I hope your friend is ready to forgive you :)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>