Active but Odd 31%  31%  [ 32 ]
Over-Formal and Stilted 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 102

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2019, 6:06 am

livingwithautism wrote:

2. Passive group, which is the least common type. They accept social approaches but initiate few. They have the least problems in childhood but some develope behavior problems in adolescence.

This sounds the most like me. I was relatively 'normal' during early childhood but became aloof and insular around and after the age of ten.

Harpuia
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2019, 8:18 am

100% Active But Odd. I used to be a lot more aloof back in the day but as I've got older I oddly started growing a need for social interaction, esp. since my Crohn's dx.

Rdos: Your Aspie score: 126 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 10:51 am

livingwithautism wrote:
Which type are you, and how has it affected you?

I am definitely active but odd:

livingwithautism wrote:
3. Active but odd group, who make active approaches but have no real understanding of how to interact socially. Tend to be very tactile.

I think my tendency to be rather forward really puts me in vulnerable positions sometimes. I sometimes unintentionally steamroll people in a conversation. Other times people want me to go away but won't say so very clearly, they'll even invite me to stuff out of politeness, but then I hear someone talking about me behind my back later. For example: "I hope she doesn't come to the party." Then I realize my judgement of the situation was a little off.

My inability to judge when someone is just politely responding to me versus genuinely enjoying their interaction with me makes me a bit paranoid. Some days I feel like no one wants me around, and that maybe I should just spend time alone so that I don't bother anyone. It's really hard for me to host a party for this reason. I am afraid no one will show up (it happened once). I tend to just go to other people's things instead. That way I don't have to find out who around me isn't a real friend, and I can also bail if I'm not feeling it.

The tactile thing is hilariously accurate. I actually keep a collection of fake grapes in bowls around my place because I like the way they feel. I think most people assume they're just decoration. :lol:
I'm also one of those people who can't do socks or underwear with seams.

My results:

50% Active but odd
20% Aloof
20% Passive
10% Stilted

Oakling
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm

I thought of myself as passive which is how I’ve been my whole life, I’m stuck in that gear I think! Then I took the test, I think it may lack a little depth, but I think my results were probably fairly accurate:

60% Passive
30% Aloof
10% Stilted

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 7:39 pm

I took the test:

50% Stilted
20% Active but Odd
20% Aloof
10% Passive

Sounds about right.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 7:42 pm

I'm pretty much "active, but odd," these days.

I used to be quite "stilted."

There's a "passive/apathetic" aspect to me.

I'm only "aloof" if somebody tries to stop me, say, from watching an old ballgame on YouTube.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 8:38 pm

70% passive
20% stilted
10% aloof
0% active but odd

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 1:13 am

I couldn´t have described this more precisely myself.
I´m wary of being "tactile", though.... but I like a warm hug.

livingwithautism wrote:
3. Active but odd group, who make active approaches but have no real understanding of how to interact socially. Tend to be very tactile.

Quote:
I think my tendency to be rather forward really puts me in vulnerable positions sometimes. I sometimes unintentionally steamroll people in a conversation. Other times people want me to go away but won't say so very clearly, they'll even invite me to stuff out of politeness, but then I hear someone talking about me behind my back later. For example: "I hope she doesn't come to the party." Then I realize my judgement of the situation was a little off.

My inability to judge when someone is just politely responding to me versus genuinely enjoying their interaction with me makes me a bit paranoid. Some days I feel like no one wants me around, and that maybe I should just spend time alone so that I don't bother anyone. It's really hard for me to host a party for this reason. I am afraid no one will show up (it happened once). I tend to just go to other people's things instead. That way I don't have to find out who around me isn't a real friend, and I can also bail if I'm not feeling it.

The tactile thing is hilariously accurate. I actually keep a collection of fake grapes in bowls around my place because I like the way they feel. I think most people assume they're just decoration. :lol:
I'm also one of those people who can't do socks or underwear with seams.

My results:

50% Active but odd
20% Aloof
20% Passive
10% Stilted

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:23 am

I probably move through all four ways of doing the social stuff.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 10:01 am

40%Aloof

40%Passive

20%Stilted

0%Active but Odd

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2020, 11:18 am

I would say friendly but passive. On the quieter side, but more or less easygoing but also reserved. Generally a people-pleaser having an underlying anxiety.. I am opened to making new friends, but I am a person who it takes a while to get to know overall.

Out of these options, probably somewhere between passive and aloof. Or I come across as aloof if I don't know people very well.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so