Passive 35%  35%  [ 36 ]
Active but Odd 31%  31%  [ 32 ]
Over-Formal and Stilted 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 102

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

I'd say over formal and stilted, if I had to pick a category.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 8:04 am

https://www.onlineassessmenttool.com/in ... anguage=en

Here's me (40% passive, 40% aloof, 20% stilted, 0% active but odd). Which I don't agree with. I'd say 75% passive, 25% active but odd. I don't speak up in social interactions, even with my own household, very often. Mostly I say things like "I'll be happy to" and "Sure" and "Good idea!" and go-along-to-get-along type stuff like that. I come HERE to be opinionated and outspoken and say exactly what I think and feel. Which I guess makes me a troll, IDK.

Sometimes, I want to be heard. I have questions, I have opinions, I have something I need to say. And when I do, I usually say something weird. I have some really good friends that I keep for years and years and years (usually until they crack from not dealing with their issues and end up doing something I can't tolerate, like calling me at work to cuss me out for being at work instead of at their service or staging a suicide attempt, trying to seduce my husband, and then trying to accuse him of trying to take advantage of them-- yes, I stood there and watched both of those things happen). I don't have "social friends" or "acquaintances" or whatever the nice people are calling them these days.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 8:08 am

Over the course of history, lots of "weird" stuff has proven to be quite useful, indeed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

I'm the active but odd type. Imagine Austin Powers without the innuendos. That's how I am.

Broken Sun Beam
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2017, 12:00 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
There is an interesting test here:
https://www.onlineassessmenttool.com/wh ... ment-19139

I just took it, and my result is:

60% Aloof
30% Passive
10% Active but odd

Before the test, I would have said "aloof, with a slight bit of passive mixed in", so it seems accurate. Unfortunately you need to make an account there in order to get the result.

This helped me answer the question because I'm also kind of all over the place haha.

50% Passive
30% Aloof
10% Active but odd
0% Stilted

I didn't want to put Passive at first because I've been known to come on very strongly with folks when I feel like something isn't being done right because in the past I've had a lot of folks take advantage of me BECAUSE I was too passive. So I guess it's more of a symptom of being passive. Looooll :mrgreen:

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2017, 12:59 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
There is an interesting test here:
https://www.onlineassessmenttool.com/wh ... ment-19139

I just took it, and my result is:

60% Aloof
30% Passive
10% Active but odd

Before the test, I would have said "aloof, with a slight bit of passive mixed in", so it seems accurate. Unfortunately you need to make an account there in order to get the result.

Mine results are:
50% Passive
30% Aloof
10% Active but odd
10% Stilted

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 1:28 pm

As a child, I was perhaps more passive.

I think I now combine active but odd with formal.

Never been aloof, though.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 3:13 pm

Over-formal and stilted, even though I'm not really a teenager anymore.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 4:57 pm

Mostly "active but odd" - but stilted, when I get the acute sense, that I don´t know how to meet expectations (I do want to do well)....and sometimes aloof.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

Active but odd is probably the best category that describes me socially.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 4:12 pm

I’ve been all four types at different points in my life. Right now I would say I am a mix between passive and over-formal and stilted.

When I was a young child, I was pretty aloof, and I really wanted nothing to do with other children. I did like being around my parents, but I could not get along great with people or relate to them. As I got a little older, I became active but odd mostly around certain people. I had no ability to read social cues at all, and I would get in people’s faces and call their names a thousand times! I was quite bossy and I would point out other people’s mistakes right in front of them. After I lost those friends and I had no clue why :roll: , I became more passive and quiet. Some of my special interests have been an aid to me in learning appropriate social behavior, so while I am in no means good socially and I don’t “pass” as normal, I try to be polite and not annoying so I don’t lose more friends.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 11:59 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

[sigh!] As with most multiple-choice personality tests, I have a very tough time answering the questions. For example, the first question:

Quote:
When you meet someone for the first time, how do you react?
- Watch them and listen. Respond if they mention a topic you know a lot about.
- Begin talking about your special interest, regardless of what the topic of conversation is.
- Perform social niceties, make sure you are acting appropriately.
- Say nothing, ignore them, or keep company with them briefly before moving on to something more interesting.

For me, it depends on the circumstances under which I met the person. I've done all of the above occasionally. The second choice, "Begin talking about your special interest, regardless of what the topic of conversation is," is something I remember doing as a kid but subsequently learned not to do in most circumstances. Beyond that, I can't pick out any one of the remaining answers as the way I would respond most often.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:53 am

Oh, I have to make an account to get the result - not more of those, thanks :( .

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 2:45 pm

I was certainly More stilted and overly formal primarily as a child.

I'd say that is probably still pretty strong in me but I'm maybe a bit more aloof seeming as an adult. Though by the description Passive might be more accurate for cause of my behavior. I have facial expressions, I'm not indifferent, I'm anxious but I don't like being randomly touched. Where as I accept being approached (other things it depends) and I rarely ever initiate. But I had difficultly as a kid where the stress caused me to be problematic at times.

I can be active but odd, but I have to either be pretty comfortable or trying more than usual (I'll be exhausted later and possibly depressed)

I don't want to register to take the quiz

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 2:14 am

40% active, but odd
30% passive
20 % aloof
10% stilted

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2019, 6:06 am

livingwithautism wrote:

2. Passive group, which is the least common type. They accept social approaches but initiate few. They have the least problems in childhood but some develope behavior problems in adolescence.

This sounds the most like me. I was relatively 'normal' during early childhood but became aloof and insular around and after the age of ten.