Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2005, 1:04 pm

has anyone seen the show blind date??? I used to watch it when I was bored, now I just find it dumb.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2005, 3:40 pm

I watch it at work. I feel sorry for the daters sometimes, but they do get some odd jobs. The real brilliance of the show (and I use that term loosely) comes from the editing and post-prod that they do. And the closed captions are hilariously bad.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2005, 7:37 pm

I assume this is a different version to ours.... we had Cilla 'professional Scouser' Black mismatching minging couples, it was the eighties' funniest programme in my opinion for sheer 'wtf?' value. Plus it was a lorra lorra crap which filled Saturday teatime nicely. :lol:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2005, 12:54 am

"Blind Date" is where they pair two people together and they go on a date. They give the people a van to driven around in and plan date locations for the day. Hilarious mis-matches and unending hilarity ensue, unless they were successful, than it's boring.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 5:08 pm

yeah, I know which one it is. The recent ch4 version was not a patch on what was it called, aspiedating.
I think that just hooking up without actually seeing the person, beforehand, means you will either get let down gently, or get let off the hook, if you were sure it was someone who you would admire in an instant.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

I saw the Cilla Black one and thought it was crap.