Does discrimination against autistics promote racism/sexism?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2017, 10:52 am

I'm making this post after observing how I've become more conservative after experiencing years of discrimination from neurotypicals. I used to be a pro-gay feminist, but after actually getting to know some gays and females, I realized that most of them were just as ignorant and discriminatory as neurotypical straight men, yet they still expected straight men to understand them and conform to their needs. I decided that it was illogical for me to support those groups, and that I should focus more on the needs of straight males and autistics. My life has improved drastically since then, and has made it easier for me to boost my social status.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:15 am

Discrimination can occur in any social group, including those consisting of "protected" class... In my experience, those that claim to be open minded are the most close minded.

Hang on while I get my popcorn ready...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 12:24 pm

It is more like people that are bigoted against a certain group are more likely to be bigoted against other groups.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 12:49 pm

I wouldn't just "not support" Feminist and gays. I agree with some Feminists and gays---but not with other Feminists and gays.

I wouldn't become "conservative" because Feminists and gays are 'liberal."

I would focus on the particular issue, rather than the "type" of person one is.

Both Feminists and gays have political opinions which are on all parts of the "spectrum," so to speak.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

I'm left-wing and probably always will be, but consider a good chunk of the post-Obama left to be toxic. Not just with their attitude towards autism (they claim to be accepting but perpetuate stereotypes- check out a good percentage of the autism blogs on Tumblr for examples), but with their divisive attitudes towards race, gender and sexuality. I believe everyone should be completely equal, but these people advocate segregation, discrimination and other disgusting things in the name of "progressivism".

The left becoming more closed-minded, IMO, is one of the reasons Trump was elected and he's heading for a reelection at this rate.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~