Question for Admin: Permission to post a survey?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AndiLee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2017, 9:32 am

Good morning!

I am the mother of a 20 year old with Asperger's. I have returned to college and I am finishing my degree in psychology. When my son tried to go to college, I noticed that many of the universities in my area (Texas) did not offer the appropriate supports for him. 

For my senior capstone project, I am looking for a correlation between the type of supports traditionally offered at universities and success rate of students with ASD. To accomplish this, I would need to survey (anonymously) adults (or parents of college-going students) about their experiences. I would be posting the survey in the next two weeks.

Would you allow this on your forum? The surveys would be in the form of a link to a google doc or survey monkey and would not ask any identifiers aside from age and gender. The more responses I can get, the better my statistics are going to be. I am hoping to take this idea further and work with universities on creating programs that would better serve the autistic community.

Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to a lot of participation so I can establish a foundation for change.

AndiLee

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 10:15 am

I'm no administrator here, but I've seen others post surveys before. And to my understanding, the admin and moderators have generally been okay with them, of course as long as they are legitimate.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 10:30 am

I think you need to ask Alex for permission directly.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 10:36 am

Alex's Direct Profile Link and his mail, [email protected]

He's not exactly active on this forum anymore and basically allows this place to run around like a headless chicken. So I would either PM him or EMail, either or should notify him (he probably won't see this thread).

AndiLee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2017, 10:47 am

Thank you. I had sent him a PM but have yet to receive a reply. I just don't want to violate any regulations or rules. The survey will be private and no identifying information would be collected. I'll keep trying to reach him. :)

EyeDash
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2017, 4:08 pm

AndiLee wrote:
Good morning!

I am the mother of a 20 year old with Asperger's. I have returned to college and I am finishing my degree in psychology. When my son tried to go to college, I noticed that many of the universities in my area (Texas) did not offer the appropriate supports for him. 

For my senior capstone project, I am looking for a correlation between the type of supports traditionally offered at universities and success rate of students with ASD. To accomplish this, I would need to survey (anonymously) adults (or parents of college-going students) about their experiences. I would be posting the survey in the next two weeks.

AndiLee

Thank you AndiLee for doing such research and for aiming to work with universities to implement better supports. I attended college and graduate school a long time ago when there was little support and guidance and it was rough. What you're doing could make a positive difference in a lot of autistic youngsters' lives.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2017, 4:28 pm

AndiLee wrote:
Good morning!

Would you allow this on your forum? The surveys would be in the form of a link to a google doc or survey monkey and would not ask any identifiers aside from age and gender. The more responses I can get, the better my statistics are going to be. I am hoping to take this idea further and work with universities on creating programs that would better serve the autistic community.

Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to a lot of participation so I can establish a foundation for change.

AndiLee

Nobody on this forum administrator or not could stop me from participating in any link ever linked on a website ever. If there's no existing issues with personally identifiable information other than age and gender feel free to research any volunteers. This is a place of research and discovery. There would be no reason to be so limiting other than what is stated above.

That being said, I am not in college at the moment. I can however relate which needs I feel I should be entitled to when I leave the military date some time in the future. I need the material to be in a simple format with an available tutor to walk me through the steps to ensure proper understanding of the procedures. The career path I choose would be a limited one, so I would prefer to limit the courses practical to that career. Questions would need to be reformatted to speak in simple terms. There would be issues with writing essays, as I have great difficulty with writing. Everything that I write comes out in a simple format, to the point. Social needs would have to be addressed, am socially awkward. I am not sure how to address social needs, at the moment. The biggest thing that I can see being an issue is that I would ask too many questions. I become annoying quick when I dig too deep into subjects. This has been met with disdain in the past. I will not have a cocky, arrogant teacher bully over me, nor do I expect the teacher to be bullied by me. Mutual respect and loyalty must be upheld from both sides.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

AndiLee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2017, 4:29 pm

I received permission from Alex. When I post it, please feel free to participate!! Thank you!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 5:17 pm

Send him a message via Facebook. I think he gets so many emails that they can't all be answered because of time and energy limits. Outline your aims and include ethical approval from the relevant parties.