16 Oct 2017, 7:40 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I'm confused, I thought OP liked Trump.At least it seemed that way from earlier posts.
Pretty sure I told you he was coming for your olive groves.

He likes the PLO and Hamas more...

Yeah sure, and you love Israel. A country that has attacked yours. A country that you give $10 million a day out of your taxes. Israel helped Hamas get where they are.

Israel attacked Australia?

He probably thinks you're an American, since you post so prolifically about Americans and American politics, using pronouns like we and us.

On WP I'm an honorary yank

Oh cool. I just decided I'm an honorary Norwegian.

Honorary top heavy, blonde, Swedish, stunning 21 year old female here. This is how it works, right?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
i'd be very proud to be an actual Norwegian :mrgreen:

There's a Sons of Norway lodge in town and I want in. Although I also want into the Scottish Rite lodge.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:06 pm

I'm honored to be a German American.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:14 am

^^^mee too. Image

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^mee too. Image

:thumleft:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:04 am

I feel so left out :cry:

I'm half Swiss. That's kinda like being German, isn't it?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 5:12 am

Switzerland is an astonishing mix with French and Italian regions as well as German and a smattering of other dialects.

Like me, you're probably a mongrel! :D

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:15 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Switzerland is an astonishing mix with French and Italian regions as well as German and a smattering of other dialects.

Like me, you're probably a mongrel! :D

My last name is decidedly French in origin. One of those ending in the letters ux. The other half is Irish. So poodle-setter I suppose.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 9:01 am

Misslizard wrote:
I'm confused, I thought OP liked Trump.At least it seemed that way from earlier posts.

This statement is a product of our times: there's only Team D vs Team R, with no in-between for original thought. People's ideas are more complex than what Team D and Team R provide, that's a large part of the national animosity towards politics at the moment, people's voices aren't being heard and the Team D vs Team R dichotomy is a large part of the problem.

I don't agree with John on much but everything I've seen tells me he's very straight forward, not a game player, and his statement is most likely his actual thoughts on the matter. As opposed to making posts questioning his consistency it's more productive to actually ask what his views on foreign policy are, why they are, and what influences them. You'll be surprised to find out that not many people are actually drones of Team R or Team D, merely they feel forced into one of those camps due to lack of legitimate options elsewhere.

So I'll ask: John, what are your views on foreign policy and what's influenced those views?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:32 am

Biscuitman wrote:
He knows there are enough people who are only interested in doing my team Vs your team (this website is a good example) they don't care about the truth, they want ammo to throw and shields to put up and no more.

Sorry, forgot to mention I agreed with this too.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

Aristophanes wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

This statement is a product of our times: there's only Team D vs Team R, with no in-between for original thought. People's ideas are more complex than what Team D and Team R provide, that's a large part of the national animosity towards politics at the moment, people's voices aren't being heard and the Team D vs Team R dichotomy is a large part of the problem.

I don't agree with John on much but everything I've seen tells me he's very straight forward, not a game player, and his statement is most likely his actual thoughts on the matter. As opposed to making posts questioning his consistency it's more productive to actually ask what his views on foreign policy are, why they are, and what influences them. You'll be surprised to find out that not many people are actually drones of Team R or Team D, merely they feel forced into one of those camps due to lack of legitimate options elsewhere.

So I'll ask: John, what are your views on foreign policy and what's influenced those views?

Thanks! I don't like either party in the US, they are pretty much the same thing, though Trump was very different to any other candidate we've seen in a long while. Trump was speaking about peace with Russia and fighting with Assad against ISIS, and that was why he was hated by the establishment, not because of sexism.

Israel controls the US's foreign policy as they have so much influence with their lobbyists over both parties. Trump is a major Zionist and Obama before him took Israel's funding up to a record $10 million a day. This whole new 'war on terror' started with 9/11, which neocon Zionists had called for in the 90's and Israeli security forces said they saw the lead 9/11 hijacker giving anthrax over to the Iraqis in Prague, which was the link that got the Iraqi war started.

I've had enough of wars and seeing all the corruption and what's influenced them has influenced me.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yeah sure, and you love Israel. A country that has attacked yours. A country that you give $10 million a day out of your taxes. Israel helped Hamas get where they are.

Oh right, your government is very pro Israel. I guess they see the native population there the same as the Palestinians.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:44 am

EzraS wrote:
I feel so left out :cry:

I'm half Swiss. That's kinda like being German, isn't it?

There are three different languages spoken in Switzerland - German, French, and Italian. I'm sure people drifted from one Swiss canton to another over the centuries, and so family names probably don't make that much of a difference anymore in certain cases. After all, according to Mary Shelly, Victor Frankenstein, despite having a German name, lived in Geneva which is in the French speaking part of the country.
Do you have any notion of what language your Swiss ancestors spoke?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 2:27 pm

Well... basically that's right. The Swiss are kinda German.

The German speakers are by far the biggest group. Swiss culture is rather Germanic. Comic Robin Williams quipped that the Swiss "are the good Germans. The OTHER White race" .

Hitler even invited Switzerland to join in the Anschluss (the union of Germany and Austria that occurred on the eve of the War).

But there is a French speaking region, and there is an Italian speaking zone, and there is also a usually neglected region where they speak Rhaetian Romanic (a Romance language separate from but kinda like Italian).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 3:19 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Oh right, your government is very pro Israel. I guess they see the native population there the same as the Palestinians.

There is a strong Israel lobby here in Australia but the social justice parties and greens are pro-Paltestine

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 3:29 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Well... basically that's right. The Swiss are kinda German.

The German speakers are by far the biggest group. Swiss culture is rather Germanic. Comic Robin Williams quipped that the Swiss "are the good Germans. The OTHER White race" .

Hitler even invited Switzerland to join in the Anschluss (the union of Germany and Austria that occurred on the eve of the War).

But there is a French speaking region, and there is an Italian speaking zone, and there is also a usually neglected region where they speak Rhaetian Romanic (a Romance language separate from but kinda like Italian).

The German speaking Swiss population are the descendants of Alemannic refugees who had been driven from what is today the Kraichgau and Kurpfalz region (they overlap) by the Franks, who in turn settled that region in the 6th century, thereupon eventually making me. :mrgreen: