What do you non-country fans think of this Country song?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:10 am

rvacountrysinger wrote:
I'm a Country fan, but that dosen't mean I love all Country songs or Country music genres... There are so many different styles in Country- people are surprised to learn its not "all the same". But.. I know an interesting story:

Someone offered a co-worker a Pop- Country music sampler CD full of "hits" and they said you'll love this. I mean you like Country music , right? And they replied" Yes, but that doesn't mean I like this KIND of Country music". The person looked puzzled, as if there was more than one "kind" of Country Music? Who knew?

That is basically what it goes like. And the assumption that we're all hillbilies or something. Non Country fans don't usually understand the nuances in Country, either . But Country fans "get it".

Excellent point - and I love the subgenre illustrations from others below. Thank you!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 4:09 pm

I think it has kind of a motown vibe, I kind of like it.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2017, 2:48 pm

staremaster wrote:

LOL. hate to break it to you, but its pure Country!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:11 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
staremaster wrote:

That is the person's opinion. Please don't tell them they are wrong.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 11:58 pm

thewrll wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
staremaster wrote:

They may well be wrong, if the songwriters and session musicians had no familiarity with Motown.
They may well be right, if the performers and writers did.

Some opinions are objectively incorrect. The person expressing them is still entitled to them, but one is entitled to be wrong.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 8:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
thewrll wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
staremaster wrote:

They may well be wrong, if the songwriters and session musicians had no familiarity with Motown.
They may well be right, if the performers and writers did.

Some opinions are objectively incorrect. The person expressing them is still entitled to them, but one is entitled to be wrong.

If a person feels the song has a motown vibe they can be write even if that isn't what anyone intended. To the person's ears it has a motown vibe. I would never disagree with the person because that is what they hear.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 10:53 pm

...It's Lynn Anderson's version of " I Never Promised You A Rose Garden ", right? my phone won't support plug-ins now.

trysinger"]its so good, how can you not like it?

[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!