Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MidnightMoon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2017
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 501
Location: Megadeth Land

07 Dec 2017, 5:06 pm

That's just it. It's never funny. Whether male on female or female on male, it's not at all hilarious.


_________________
"And when we walk down the street, the wind sings our name in rebel songs
But it's much too late when the fear is gone..."


Why yes, I am a conservative.


EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,001
Location: Cool places

07 Dec 2017, 9:02 pm

Humour is subjective. Domestic abuse humour would fall into the dark humour category, and many people enjoy that kind.


_________________
~Zinc Alloy aka. Russell~

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~


MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 29 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,254

07 Dec 2017, 11:01 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
Humour is subjective. Domestic abuse humour would fall into the dark humour category, and many people enjoy that kind.


^ Yup. I myself am into some dark humor when it's not related to things associated to me or other things I absolutely don't find funny. There's specifics when it comes to that which is a bit much for me to get into... My fiancé is also into dark humor indefinitely. Show him a picture of a dead guy laying on a street, he's either laughing into tears or extremely pleased. There is not one day where he's using my hands to spam elongated "lol's" on my Skype group when I show him a news article about some shooting incident or a video of someone getting beat up. Shadow is an "odd" one but a very bouncy and lovable guy. He is also quite courteous on making sure he doesn't offend me as well.

But for me personally, I'm not really one to joke around with such dark topics with just anyone because of obvious reasons. And for the fact that knowing how people react will just have me reflect on myself when others make jokes about my alternative lifestyle and kinks. So, anything like that, I keep to my niche of friends.

Wow...that was really hard to actually write into words without trying to sound like an a-hole .-.


_________________
[Inactive - I have left WP permanently]


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,820
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

08 Dec 2017, 12:25 pm

And then there was Andy Capp. Andy and his wife Flo would often get into fights. Sometimes Flo would win, but sometimes so would Andy.

The comic strips I read as a kid sure were full of violence. 8O And this was back in the 70's-80's when adults didn't want kids to even hear the word death mentioned in the cartoons on TV. :lol:



caffeinekid
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 120
Location: Wakefield, UK

08 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

Homer Simpson strangling his son, Bart. Is that funny? Apparently a lot of people think so.

"Why you little..."


_________________
Diagnosed with Autism on 1st August 2018, at the age of 47 (almost 48).


kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,405
Location: amid the sunlight and the dust and the wind

08 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
And then there was Andy Capp. Andy and his wife Flo would often get into fights. Sometimes Flo would win, but sometimes so would Andy.

The comic strips I read as a kid sure were full of violence. 8O And this was back in the 70's-80's when adults didn't want kids to even hear the word death mentioned in the cartoons on TV. :lol:


I loved reading Andy Capp but often didn't get the various references.

One of my favorite strips had Flo watching him coming home for the holidays kicking a couple of barrels of (presumably) ale ahead of him and carrying several cases of (presumably) ale. Flo said something like "You'll hurt yourself. You should have left half behind and made two trips." Andy answered simply, "I did".



Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,653
Location: A cold place with lots of blondes.

09 Dec 2017, 11:23 pm

Only if you are a psychopath.


_________________
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" (Carl Sagan)


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,681
Location: the island of defective toy santas

09 Dec 2017, 11:28 pm

IMHO sociopaths are vastly undercounted in our nation, which is one possible reason that our popular culture is the way it is [somewhat coarse and brutal].



Tree27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
Location: Ohio

10 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm

When your yelling so loud your neighbor calls cops on you thinking some domestic violence is goin down and it turns out your just yelling at the tv. This has happend to me lol.



kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,405
Location: amid the sunlight and the dust and the wind

10 Dec 2017, 10:39 pm

Tree27 wrote:
When your yelling so loud your neighbor calls cops on you thinking some domestic violence is goin down and it turns out your just yelling at the tv. This has happend to me lol.


Years ago, I was talking to one of my brothers and had the tv on maybe a bit too loud. The movie In the Line of Fire was on it. That's the one where Clint Eastwood is an Secret Service agent on the presidential protection detail and there is a kook out there with a plot to kill the President.

At one point in the movie, he's knocking on the door and yells, "Federal Agents. Open the door." When my brother heard that over the telephone, he got real quiet for a few seconds and then cautiously asked, "What's going on there?"

For what it's worth, this was in a house and it wasn't loud enough that my next door neighbors could hear it.



HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 304

15 Dec 2017, 8:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
IMHO sociopaths are vastly undercounted in our nation, which is one possible reason that our popular culture is the way it is [somewhat coarse and brutal].


without them life would be boring.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,681
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Dec 2017, 8:50 am

HughDYork wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IMHO sociopaths are vastly undercounted in our nation, which is one possible reason that our popular culture is the way it is [somewhat coarse and brutal].


without them life would be boring.

I would take boredom a googleplex number of times over what we got now.



HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 304

15 Dec 2017, 8:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
HughDYork wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IMHO sociopaths are vastly undercounted in our nation, which is one possible reason that our popular culture is the way it is [somewhat coarse and brutal].


without them life would be boring.

I would take boredom a googleplex number of times over what we got now.


We need even more sociopaths and less boring normal people.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,681
Location: the island of defective toy santas

15 Dec 2017, 9:14 am

De gustibus non est disputandum.



HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 304

15 Dec 2017, 9:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
De gustibus non est disputandum.


undutones pubtuhtones est non pbustumus