Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 3:48 pm

This is taken from aspergers survival guide

".Also there is the problem of recognising other people's territory. If in some one-off situation you unknowingly encroach on what someone else considers to be their territory this can sometimes get you into big trouble".

You can give me some examples on encroaching on someone's territory?

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2017, 4:05 pm

Oh, I do this all the time at work. Basically, I am quite prepared to invade someone else's area of expertise and tell them what they are doing wrong, up to and including the CEO of the organisation. I think this quote refers to the typical Aspie need to tell everyone what they are doing wrong and how to do it right, regardless of their perceived superiority.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2017, 3:36 pm

If you went into a supermarket to complain about something you bought and spoke to the store manager about it (before being taken to customer services by said store manager), the people in CS are going to be a bit less willing to help you out........

Going straight to your Department Manager to ask them about something that your Section Manager should be able to sort for you (holidays, problems with fellow workers, health and safety in the section you work in, etc) will go down well too.......