how did you come up with your career?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pugfug90
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2007, 11:00 pm

I plan on Accounting because.. it's safe and repititive and I would be engineering but I no creative.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 9:51 am

How did I come up with my career? By accident.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 10:07 am

I studied science because research was the only thing I could think of that I might like and that there was any chance to make a living out of. I'm doing a science PhD but by this stage I'm POSITIVE I don't want to go into academia as I had planned - when I graduate, I will look for an R&D position in the private sector (not easy, given my citizenship) or, failing that, anything except a postdoc. if I could go back, I'd do civil or chemical engineering, though I don't think my current predicament was really foreseeable.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 10:12 am

It chose me.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 7:14 pm

I pioneered the field of toothbrush repair because I knew I would have the field all to myself. ;)

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 8:08 pm

I drank 20 cherry cokes in a day while watching Star Wars and decided being a bum was all me.

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2007, 9:24 am

Noidea how I got here. I had a job where I had to make and fix things on a building site, but that was too much, the 'banter' jokes and What! You don't like football??? comments. The work itself was quite challengeing and I enjoyed it though.
Then there was the Army, routine and discipline etc. realy enjoyed that, but left when I sort of felt that I had reached my 'promotion cieling' (AS can only get you so far). And so while I was involved in the latest western incursion, I met a couple of guys who were Prison Officers, so thats what I went and did after my discharge; structure, routine etc. and I get 'left to my own devices' 8)