Lines of People High fiving a the entrance at my kids school

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2017, 1:16 pm

My kids high school just posted on facebook about this new thing they are doing, and I am horrified! They have two rows of about 5 or 6 people high fiving all the students as they enter. Its every Friday and its supposed to promote a "positive Atmosphere"
If 10 loudmouth popular kids were up in my face like that on my way into school I do not know what I would have done! I am freaking out just thinking about it! There was a video and this one guy seemed to be trying to avoid them but they were really insistent and made him do it.
I hate high fives. I always feel like I'm doing it wrong and it seems really obnoxious. I don't go to the school and my daughter doesn't even go to the high school till next year so it doesn't even affect my anyway. It makes me feel awful though. I might write them an email about it.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 2:31 pm

God, it's like those North Korean mass performances.

Why do people come up with this s**t?

If I was going to that high school they'd have to cut my hand off my dead body before I did something like that.

TheGreatEscapist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2017, 6:32 pm

I myself am a high school student and I hate it when schools do stupid stuff like that. I really don't understand what situations like that are supposed to do. Forcing everyone to give a high five doesn't create a "positive atmosphere". I would maybe wait and see if they still do it the year your daughter attends the school and if they do I would definitely send an email. Or you could send one now to save some kids from the uncomfortable situation.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Nov 2017, 6:39 am

If they're still doing it when your daughter starts going, get a note from her doc or preferably psych explaining that she has problems with it & needs an accommodation of being excluded from being forced to do it. Meaning the school can still do it but the kids doing it will be specially told to just let her though without making her do it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition