Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

Hello,

I'm thinking about my own employment and whether or not they are going to end up firing me. I was also thinking about some of that stats I've seen giving such a low number of us in full time or any kind of job at all. So if any of you do work, or have worked previously and got fired. What was the reason you got fired? What it related to ASD? Thanks

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2017, 2:40 pm

I got fired three times. And it hurts to get fired and you hate yourself for it. My only defence: I am autistic, which makes it hard for me to keep employed.

The first time was last year. I didn't understand my boss. She was confusing, couldn't clarify what she meant, and the communication was a mess. I understood very little of what she said. I did the wrong thing and made too many mistakes. Multitasking was too much for me, and I am very bad at "reading between the lines". Fired.

The next time was after only five days. I spent too much looking at my phone I think. But I'm not sure. It was nearly impossible to make an impression in only five days, but they just fired me and that was that.

The third time was after 14 days. I failed several tests in the introduction training phase.

And there you have it, I'm unemployed again and again. Just like many other aspies who doesn't stand a chance on the job market. Life sucks and I regret my education because it leads to bad jobs.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Nov 2017, 2:42 pm

What kind of education have you had any why were you on your phone so
Much in the second job?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 2:47 pm

I've only been fired once. That was because I overslept one morning and didn't show up to work. Other people who frequently missed work didn't get fired.

So why did I get fired for oversleeping once while others were not fired in spite of frequently not showing up? Because the management checked on them each day to have someone ready to replace them when they didn't show up. When I didn't show up that once, they didn't notice it because I was so reliable up unto that morning.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Nov 2017, 8:41 pm

I have a tremor disorder along with other things besides my Aspergers & I didn't feel safe doing certain aspects of the job so I was seeing a numerologist to try & treat the tremors. One of the meds made me feel like I was having a stroke or something so I went home & saw my GP the next day. I was scheduled for tests but didn't feel safe going back to work in the meantime. After being out for two weeks I was no longer considered an employee due to company policy.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

garysoneji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2017, 8:50 pm

The first time was for excessive absences. The second was for tardiness.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2017, 3:36 am

LostGirI wrote:
Much in the second job?

I'm not sure what you mean. Punctuation and question marks are your friends.

If you're asking what kind of education I had: Library and information science.

If you're asking why I was on the phone so much: I had to take an important call. I also experienced in my other jobs that it was OK to check your phone sometimes. In this job it was not accepted somehow. Which is really weird. I'm not really sure if this is reason why I got fired, but it's my best guess.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 3:53 am

I got fired once for exposing the fact that the company's quality manager (that's right) was corrupt and incompetent. :-)

There Are Four Lights!

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2017, 6:56 am

ok wrote:
LostGirI wrote:
Much in the second job?

I'm not sure what you mean. Punctuation and question marks are your friends.

If you're asking what kind of education I had: Library and information science.

If you're asking why I was on the phone so much: I had to take an important call. I also experienced in my other jobs that it was OK to check your phone sometimes. In this job it was not accepted somehow. Which is really weird. I'm not really sure if this is reason why I got fired, but it's my best guess.

Sorry about that I was using my phone and as you can see it didn't work out too well. But yes you answered my questions :)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:59 am

I have never been fired but I quit my old job a few years ago.

Gaius Marius
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2017, 4:00 am

I got fired after not showing up to work and not calling. I don't think I really saw the seriousness of that and while i wasn't surprised I was fired I do attribute it to a pattern of avoiding responsibility that I've had all my life and I it think relates to executive functioning issues. I'm very irresponsible. I often fail to see the big picture.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 6:04 am

Darmok wrote:
I got fired once for exposing the fact that the company's quality manager (that's right) was corrupt and incompetent. :-)

I wonder if this is something others relate to, here. I wasn't fired, but I did get in trouble for pointing out that a supervisor consistently slept on the job. It always feels like a huge mistake to report a superior's misconduct at work, but if you don't then you'll probably get punished for their mistakes, too.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2017, 1:26 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

What do you do now?

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2017, 2:46 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Darmok wrote:

I wonder if this is something others relate to, here. I wasn't fired, but I did get in trouble for pointing out that a supervisor consistently slept on the job. It always feels like a huge mistake to report a superior's misconduct at work, but if you don't then you'll probably get punished for their mistakes, too.

I always get into trouble for pointing out how incompetent some people are. Doesn't matter to me how senior they are. I cannot kowtow to idiots or pretend to like people I don't (I have tried to, but can't be insincere). This got me fired once, essentially for telling my Line Manager how to do his job.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 2:53 pm

LostGirI wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

What do you do now?

Now I'm a software tester.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 4:00 pm

I have never actually been fired but there has been something like a 6th sense that the job wasn't a good fit and I was probably going to be fired anyway so I quit instead of being fired. Most of these instances occurred before I was aware of Aspergers and and 2 afterwards. I realize now its not about your job knowledge but how well you get along with others. Right now I am considering whether it is worth it any more as I can start drawing SS in a few months