Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anthracite_Impreza
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2018, 5:16 pm

Let me see if I can remember all of them... First one I was told not to come back because I was naive enough to tell the authorities (let us just say tax was not declared on my employer's part). The second was because I was accused of "being aggressive" (if you knew me you would know that's complete b****cks, I'm too anxiety-ridden) and because the person who was working with me betrayed me after we both said the job was sh*t (on our own time, as people do). The third was an apprenticeship at a garage and sadly I was too physically weak, my co-ordination too poor and processing time too slow to continue :(

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2018, 4:43 am

infinitenull wrote:
LostGirI wrote:
I'm really glad you found writing that post has given you some insight into yourself and been therapeutic. That's fantastic :D

3 days after I wrote this post... I was informed that my position is being eliminated...

So this time... I am getting fired for a non-autistic reason... but instead it's for compliance...

In theory I can apply for another job that is pretty much set up for me... but still... it's kinda bleh... (the new job is a demotion)

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear that :(

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2018, 4:46 am

Anthracite_Impreza wrote:
Let me see if I can remember all of them... First one I was told not to come back because I was naive enough to tell the authorities (let us just say tax was not declared on my employer's part). The second was because I was accused of "being aggressive" (if you knew me you would know that's complete b****cks, I'm too anxiety-ridden) and because the person who was working with me betrayed me after we both said the job was sh*t (on our own time, as people do). The third was an apprenticeship at a garage and sadly I was too physically weak, my co-ordination too poor and processing time too slow to continue :(

So what are you doing now? It’s a shame about the apprenticeship at the garage. Have u got anything else in mind?

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

01 May 2018, 4:45 pm

Technically, I got laid off this time but it's because my position got eliminated and they couldn't find me another position where I was performing up to expectations in some arbitrary time frame.
I've come to notice that it takes me longer to learn something new but once I learn it I become an expert. I don't think most NTs have the patience for me to get up to speed on something new. And they don't seem to give comprehensive training so I guess I'm supposed to just learn some things by osmosis. (Maybe I don't lay my head on my keyboard enough.) I don't know if having an official diagnosis would help or hinder me in my career but I feel like I will continue to be very stressed and have little job stability on my current path.

I just can't keep pace with NTs. They talk fast, they work fast, they expect you to just understand everything right away. I know I need to hustle to find another job but I'm dreading the whole process knowing that it's only a matter of time until the next employer kicks me to the curb. I really want work for myself but I haven't a clue how I would earn enough on a regular basis to pay my bills.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2018, 4:16 am

Someone outside of work was secretly recording me and playing this for everyone at work.
Everyone at work knew this.
The person would edit the recordings to make me say things that I did not say - to make me look bad.
Everyone at work enjoyed this, they believed all the lies, even though the lies were contradictory.

Basically I could do nothing right.
Actually I quit, but it was that or be fired. Got no references etc.
I had no idea any of this was going on. Discovered it years later.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:00 am

^^^those no-goodniks will barbeque in purgatory for a good spell due to their bearing false witness.

Darkrose50

14 May 2018, 1:33 pm

I once had a high paying temp job doing tech support. I brought my own three-hole punch, and I think I get fired for someone seeing me put it into my bag (thinking that I was stealing).

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2018, 3:05 pm

I actually quit this job, but onto the story (Is fairly long)

Almost a year ago, I was working at a local Computer Repair and Hobby Shop where I was living previously via a Contract through the WorkBC there (Local Employment Services place), which was Computer place first, Hobby place second.

I've been going to this store for a couple years and it was a good place to play Magic and Warhammer 40K at

A while before I started working there, a new Game Shop opened, so one day when I was going into work, I ran into a friend who was in there that morning and said my Boss went into there hellbent and was yelling and threatening the Owner of the new Store, and this was in front of Customers, the Owners Family, etc. all because the guy was also selling Magic the Gathering Product

As soon as I heard I texted my parents and told them, and I went about the work day as usual, and when I got home I shot the Job Developer I was working with an Email telling her about the whole thing, and we got that all sorted through; I didn't have to deal with Former Boss at all after that and I went on a early vacation with my dad to boot to visit family and helped my Uncle move into his new house.

Former Boss has been harassing the guy for months as well, making Alternate/throwaway Facebook accounts leaving "one star reviews" bashing the guy and his business

Luckily everyone in the town's supportive of the New Guy telling him to try and ignore the other guy and whatnot

Police were involved as well the first time and last I knew, the New Guy said if Former Boss stepped into the Game Store he'd be charged with Assault and Battery

He's also been harassing/yelling at his own Customers

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2018, 1:45 pm

I never got fired but in my second job I got demoted to part time hours on the basis of health reasons.

I used to work as a receptionist for the council and it started when there was a strike going on as I was at first a contractor I was not part of the union but I had only recently been made a staff member but forgot to make myself a union member.

Due to this I had to walk past my colleagues striking as I was expected to work and needed the money. What happened for 3 months was a campaign of bullying in the workplace where 3 lasses would distract me and do things like delete me work or if I was stupid to leave my reception computer unlocked they would delete emails and also unhook the Phone. At the time I couldn't prove anything and I had a full mental breakdown and after been on sick was told my full time rota was reduced to half hours due to sickness.

They also would key my car and hide my purse and phone and throw my packed lunch in the bin.

I tried everything but I had no proof and when I complained to the union as the 3 girls were in the union the union basically said I brought it upon myself.

Thankfully I had a partner who does not take no for an answer and equipped with a small go pro well hidden he went in the council office asking for help and he managed to record the three girls pouring my cup of tea on the computer keybaord and taking money out my purse.

Once he got the video evidence he went to the council and the union with the proof at first they made threats saying it was illegal to record video without consent but my partner explained that it was a public area so no permission was needed and if no action was taken he would go to any newspaper or TV show that would listen and it wouldn't look good for labour that a union was basically encouraging bullying in the workplace.

Fair to say the three girls were sacked and banned from working in the council.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 1:55 pm

I punched an annoying customer....that was 2001.....I'm much better now.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2018, 2:39 pm

That is appalling! What are u doing now? Did u get your full time hours back. Nasty pieces of work!

aspieprincess123 wrote:
I never got fired but in my second job I got demoted to part time hours on the basis of health reasons.

I used to work as a receptionist for the council and it started when there was a strike going on as I was at first a contractor I was not part of the union but I had only recently been made a staff member but forgot to make myself a union member.

Due to this I had to walk past my colleagues striking as I was expected to work and needed the money. What happened for 3 months was a campaign of bullying in the workplace where 3 lasses would distract me and do things like delete me work or if I was stupid to leave my reception computer unlocked they would delete emails and also unhook the Phone. At the time I couldn't prove anything and I had a full mental breakdown and after been on sick was told my full time rota was reduced to half hours due to sickness.

They also would key my car and hide my purse and phone and throw my packed lunch in the bin.

I tried everything but I had no proof and when I complained to the union as the 3 girls were in the union the union basically said I brought it upon myself.

Thankfully I had a partner who does not take no for an answer and equipped with a small go pro well hidden he went in the council office asking for help and he managed to record the three girls pouring my cup of tea on the computer keybaord and taking money out my purse.

Once he got the video evidence he went to the council and the union with the proof at first they made threats saying it was illegal to record video without consent but my partner explained that it was a public area so no permission was needed and if no action was taken he would go to any newspaper or TV show that would listen and it wouldn't look good for labour that a union was basically encouraging bullying in the workplace.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2018, 1:14 am

LostGirI wrote:
That is appalling! What are u doing now? Did u get your full time hours back. Nasty pieces of work!
aspieprincess123 wrote:

I never got my full time hours back when I worked there but thankfully got another full time job in another department which I enjoy.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2018, 2:26 am

I’m glad to hear it

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2018, 2:28 am

domineekee wrote:
I punched an annoying customer....that was 2001.....I'm much better now.

:lol:
What did they do to annoy you??

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2018, 5:44 am

LostGirI wrote:
I’m glad to hear it

Same here though I did have the three lasses make threats at first but then my partner decided to message back saying if I got anymore threats he would post on Facebook and every other social media the video he recorded along with there names and faces and also post pictures across town which stopped the abuse I got from the lasses.

My partner sees the world in a very black and white way and he made it clear he would ruin them if they continued to bully me.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2018, 8:17 am

He sounds a good partner. Where about in England are u from