I like it 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
I prefer natural 49%  49%  [ 20 ]
Makeup is gross 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 41

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2017, 1:28 am

Im watching the second episode of "The A Word" right now, and there was a scene with a woman putting on makeup as she was going to see a man. I thought, "That makes no sense to me at all".

I find the idea of kissing a woman with lipstick on sort of gross. I think foundation is kind of gross. And penciling the eyebrows, that's....I don't know...I can't think of a way to describe the effect it has. Not good.

I don't think makeup makes women any prettier or any more desirable. It's like mask. Natural is..I don't know... honest? I can't understand what the appeal of makeup is supposed to be.

I find myself wondering how the other ASD men, or women for that matter, feel about makeup?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 1:43 am

I'm with you, I think natural is better. I can't stand the feel of makeup and don't even know how to use most of it. I can see maybe trying to cover up a blemish or two when you go out, but covering your whole face with makeup every day doesn't make sense to me. I've also thought it must feel pretty gross to kiss with lipstick on.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 8:18 am

While I don't mind most types and sorts of make up, I prefer natural.

As for sensory discomfort, I only have issues with lipsticks.

And, there's this tendency to ruin the make up since I have this annoying itch on my nose or eyes almost no less than ⅛s of my waking life, so I end up wiping my whole face just as often. :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

11 Nov 2017, 8:53 am

I never wear makeup. I think it feels horrible and it's just not practical for me, and I don't see much point in me wearing it. I have sensitive skin as well so it's not ideal for me either.
I understand why women might wear it if it makes them feel better to cover up perceived blemishes or to accentuate their lips and eyelashes, but generally speaking, I think a girl looks better with little to no makeup than a face full of it.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

I think lipstick is gross.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2017, 11:21 am

I don't like or wear make up. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't know what to do with half of it anyway. If I'm going on a big night out then I'll put on some eyeliner, mascara and lipstick but I feel uncomfortable and unnatural to be honest. I used to put foundation on but I hate it and it makes me go super shiny. I am just generally clueless when it comes to make up. I wish I wasn't

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

I don't really like makeup and I rarely ever wear any. I have acne and people often tell me that I should wear makeup to cover it up and make it invisible but I never do. It makes my face itch and feel funny.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2017, 4:25 pm

Wearing makeup annoys me. It feels greasy and unnatural. I only wear a bit of facial primer and some powder as I look so pale and washed out with absolutely nothing on my face.

I can’t wear eye makeup as it irritates my eyes.

I don’t use hair styling products either.

I hate to see girls with makeup plastered all over their faces. It’s sad that they feel the need to do this. Natural face or minimal makeup is a nicer look.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 5:36 pm

If it's noticeable, it does gross me out a little, I wonder if it's damaging their skin if they're always using the stuff. They've got to be swallowing traces of lipstick all the time. I can understand the need to smooth out blotchy skin and stop the face from looking sick, and if that kind of thing can be done without the stuff looking worse than the blotches, it probably does more good than harm.

The psychology of modern makeup suggests a number of mechanisms by which makeup may be used to increase sexual attractiveness, and it seems it's always been common knowledge, there's the biblical "painted whore of Babylon" that seems to have cited and disapproved of it a very long time ago. I kind of broadly go along with that, but I don't advocate harsh words, punishment, or trying to directly change what's happening. I just wish people didn't define themselves by physical sexual attractiveness so much, I think it's more useful to focus on how we can all get on better with each other.

I particularly see modern mainstream makeup as yukky and ugly. I have a lot of "alternative" ideas of beauty and I prefer to see things like Goth makeup. It's the same with hats, some folks just put on a funny hat for fun, or to make a statement, it's not a way of looking hot. So with makeup, I prefer circus stuff, or unusual colours and artistic patterns. I do admire the professional makeup artistry, creating illusions to change how people look, I'm just not sure it's a good idea to focus so much on sexualising people.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2017, 9:08 pm

I like makeup that looks more natural, and when I wear it, that's what I try to achieve. I do like what makeup artists can do with it, but for me, I'd rather look like I'm not wearing any at all.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 9:14 pm

I very rarely wear make-up, and if I do then usually its just some eyeliner and eye-shadow. I couldn't imagine wearing lipstick all the time...for one gross, also my lips are prone to chapping and dryness so use a lot of chap stick/lip balm to help that as it's soothing, lipstick would likely just make the problem worse.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

It doesn't make much sense to me why many wear much makeup. It isn't something I care about wearing and is impractical to me.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 1:01 am

I have a friend who is in fashion design, she died my makeup once, mostly out of a whim. It was actually okay, but it was a pain to wash it later. Don't see myself using it, but naturals are nice.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 1:54 am

I think girls are pretty without slathering their faces, sure they look younger and imperfect, but that's the cost of being human lol. I don't mind if there is a little augmentation and highlight here and there, everyone should seek to experiment with their look after all but not to a ridiculous extent imo. I still observe faces beneath the glitz and perceive the features and shape initially and then process this with the tactical layer. I really do not admire a face that has been more or less artificially crafted beneath a tide of what the heck did that cost to make??

Trashikawa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2017, 2:21 am

I appreciate makeup as an art form. I was in theatre for the better part of a decade - I've been known to wear it on nights out occasionally when the mood strikes.

That said, it's hypocritical, but I'm not a huge fan of too much makeup on the people I date. I think makeup should be used to accent rather than to conceal.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2017, 7:42 am

Trashikawa wrote:
I appreciate makeup as an art form. I was in theatre for the better part of a decade - I've been known to wear it on nights out occasionally when the mood strikes.

That said, it's hypocritical, but I'm not a huge fan of too much makeup on the people I date. I think makeup should be used to accent rather than to conceal.

That is a good way of putting it. I totally agree