Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 9:40 pm

Chico loved going for walks.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 3:03 pm

Because the family dog is old, the family dog can no longer walk long lengths.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2021, 11:11 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
My dog is really well behaved. I'm lucky to have him, lucky he chose me.

I totally agree, they choose you... not the other way around. My Appa is a great pyreenes/ german shepherd mix. He's a gentle giant, last I weighed him 112lbs, in his prime 120-125lbs. He's been sick on and off the last year. He dropped over 30lbs, I'm just glad he's back above 100. BTW it was his natural balance food. They started outsourcing their ingredients, many dogs become ill apparently. Mine almost died. If he hadn't been so big ... I don't want to think about that. It made him so sick his body stopped absorbing nutrients, no matter how much I fed him he kept dropping weight.

Anyway, sorry needed to get that off my chest. He's better than he was. We're changed his food and started adding poached eggs and such. We're researching going to a partial raw diet now.

He's the sweetest and occasionally stubborn, I mean he is half pyreenes. He has black eyebrows that are very expensive when he's annoyed with me. And he doesn't understand why dryer balls are not his. Its caused many arguments between us followed by a day of silent treatment. 8O

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 11:22 pm

^^ Can you make sure he has his own ball to play with when the dryer balls are around?
My friend Titan is like a fussy housewife about lining up his favourite knick-knacks (bones) in the yard.
He and his roommate were both rescues, and although Clover had never lived with another dog, unlike Titan, she caught on right away that she could pretend to be barking at something and get Titan to rush outside, leaving her whatever she wanted.
The host of those two once moved with a dog to a new house that had spring-loaded doors that a dog could open both front and rear. As soon as this was discovered, the dog ran about 30 laps through the house and around as fast as possible, wagging all the way. He'd probably been reluctant to ask before.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2021, 12:26 am

Dear_one wrote:
^^ Can you make sure he has his own ball to play with when the dryer balls are around?
My friend Titan is like a fussy housewife about lining up his favourite knick-knacks (bones) in the yard.

Oh he has his own balls, toys, nylabones, ballistic chews, nylon ropes, squeaker toys,, stuffed animals etc. My dogs have 4 toy boxes, not including the ones around the yard. 8O
He even has super bounce balls, glow in the dark balls and some LED ones that light up when bounced or chewed. And they have some LED color changing ones that have to be charged so we can play at night. He even has a ball similar to a dryer ball with bumpy things on it. But apparently, he stilled needed the dryer ball. :roll:

And they get a super chewer bark box every month. My furbabies are just spoiled. But I love them, so I occasionally "accidentally " drop the dryer ball while pulling out laundry so he can happily run off with it. He always hides it in the same place too. Lol.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 1:09 am

Back when I first got my dog and didn’t know I could trust him alone in a bedroom for an hour or more (he goes in the bedroom now so he’s got more space and a comfy bed), whenever I’d open the freezer and look at my dog, he would run into his crate because he knew I was pulling out a Kong full of frozen peanut butter for him to have while I was away.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 8:27 am

Dog V4 has supernatural powers. A look will cause me to reach for the treat tin.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 3:37 pm

My dog has in his 5.5 years with us destroyed three smartphones, one laptop, one couch, and numerous shoes and household decorations. He regrets nothing :lol:

We love him so much though, he's a good boy still :heart:

My Tumblr

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 4:16 pm

AriaEclipse wrote:
My dog has in his 5.5 years with us destroyed three smartphones, one laptop, one couch, and numerous shoes and household decorations. He regrets nothing :lol:

We love him so much though, he's a good boy still :heart:

Mum brought a not that cheap fluffy blanket and dog V3 curled up in it.....he started sucking it and lo and behold there was a big hole in it. Dog V4 later did the same thing so we dong have fluffy blankets anymore!

Right at this moment Dog V4 is making snore noises in Dad's chair.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 8:54 pm

Chico loved curling up next to my back and sleeping with me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2021, 1:09 am

The family dog is given two cups of dog food two times every day.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2021, 10:05 pm

Chico loved playing in the snow.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 3:52 pm

My sister-in-law's dog is really goofy and reminds me of Scooby Doo.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 3:56 pm

He's the worlds most optimistic lapdog

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 4:15 pm

My dog is currently cleaning out a pretty-much-empty peanut butter jar I gave him. He’s very happy about that.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 3:39 pm

My dog does not like carrots, but he begs whenever I eat them. If I give him one, he chews it a little and spits it out. Then the next time I eat carrots, more begging.