Post a random truth (about your dog)

Page 8 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 3:04 pm

Dog V4 likes using humans as chin rests or cushions.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 12:02 am

She'll happily skip her food or eat it after leaving it for the majority of the day to only consume chews,even after doing a wee or a number two

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:17 am

50 years ago, I let my dog run free in Winnipeg, and he never got in trouble. He was perhaps an Alsatian - golden lab mix, rescued near maturity. I named him Boy, and he thought he was famous. Before long, half the people I met already knew my dog.
If I was going out and taking him, about ten minutes before I decided it was time to put on my coat, he'd move to the door mat. If I wasn't taking him, about a half hour ahead of time, he'd lay under the kitchen table and not stir a whisker. However, if I was just going for a walk, he wouldn't know until I'd stop when we got to the sidewalk. Then, he'd jump up spinning, and choose our route. He always led at a comfortable pace, ranging around while I followed, seeing parts of the city I'd never discover on my own. When I started to tire, I'd just stop following, and he'd take us home a different way.

If I was on a residential street, he'd stay in the same block. As we got closer to downtown, he'd stay closer, within a few feet passing stores. If I went into a government office or department store, he'd heel so well that I was never challenged for a leash, without a word spoken. He knew what he could get away with. He'd wait outside the grocers' automatically, too.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:41 am

There is a rabbit that has been hanging out in my yard lately. It sits under a table I have out there.

My yard isn't fenced in, so I keep my dog on a long cord or sorts, so he stays In the yard. He has a good sized range with the thing, but he cannot reach the back side of the table...right where the rabbit has been sitting.

This freakin rabbit sits maybe five feet away from my dog, and it's been there off and on, throughout the day for at least a week now...sitting there taunting the dog in it's delicious, fluffy glory. :lol:

I feel bad for my dog right now. He's being tormented by a rabbit. But he's handling it okay enough. He's not barking at it or tugging on the cord. But he knows it's there, and it's irking him. Poor dude.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 3:38 pm

My dog barks and swats at cat poop and if you try to take it she takes it in her mouth and runs.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 3:43 pm

I have a friend on a farm whose dogs bark at all visitors except me. Recently, I arrived there while he was out, and waited. One of them was a bit pissed that he hadn't gotten to go, and barked at my friend when he got home. They play a lot, but it was the first time I've heard a dog tell a joke.

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 3:45 pm

My cat has enjoyed sweetcorn since being a kitten. She prefers it too biscuit food.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 4:09 pm

My dog is frolicing along Rainbow Bridge. He has been for three years.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 5:21 pm

That dog who told a joke (above) has a roommate half his size who had always been an only dog, and really bosses him around indoors. They both just came here for a visit, and when it was time to go, Titan, a 100 lb Alsatian, wouldn't get in the car, and kept coming over to me. Finally, I got the hint, and held the smaller dog while he got in and established in the little space.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 6:05 pm

My dog would rather eat cat food than dog food. He likes dog food just fine but thinks cat food is even better.

When he’s really upset about something, he will eat the cat food. He’s my service dog, and was raised by the person who runs the program we got him from. When she came by one time not long after I got him to see how things were going, when she left, my dog went into the room where the cat’s food dish is kept (where he knows he doesn’t belong), ate the cat food, and brought the empty dish out into the living room to show us what a naughty boy he was, probably hoping that if he was naughty we might send him back. Now he eats the cat food to show his displeasure if I go somewhere without him :lol:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 12:18 am

My dog used to lick his lips every time he wanted a treat.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 9:52 am

I did a digital painting of my dog and gave it to my parents for Christmas, 17 years ago.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 4:39 pm

The family dog hates the street cat the family and I have been taking care for the past 3-4 years.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 4:58 pm

Titan's previous owner had trained him to kill cats. Then he was rescued by my friend whose cat is the most honoured resident. Titan found this strange, but already liked my friend, so he accepted the new rules. After some years, last spring my friend heard a commotion, and found the cat in Titan's jaws, apparently lifeless in the snow. He recovered the cat and carried it inside, where it turned out to be only damp, not injured at all. Titan gets frustrated, but never looses his head.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 1:22 am

Chico's favourite colour was green. He played with his green toys the most. What a real Sweet Pea.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 9:21 pm

My dog is really well behaved. I'm lucky to have him, lucky he chose me.