Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Are you a classical liberal/libertarian?
Yes. 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
No. 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 25

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I think it would be safe to say that you aren't any type of liberal. If you're an economic liberal then it would probably be fairer to describe you as fiscally conservative.

Yeah, but isn't fiscally conservative still a primarily "Aglo-phile" term, if not even exclusive only to American terminology?

Also, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to trust or not, someone who lives outside my own country to define other's usage or political philosophical meaning, considering here. :?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Dec 2017, 8:47 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
I think it would be safe to say that you aren't any type of liberal. If you're an economic liberal then it would probably be fairer to describe you as fiscally conservative.

Yeah, but isn't fiscally conservative still a primarily "Aglo-phile" term, if not even exclusive only to American terminology?

Given that we're speaking English, it seems fair enough.

I think it's useful to differentiate between small government motivated by conservativism ("that's what it says in the constitution"/"people on welfare are scroungers!") and small government motivated by liberalism ("I have the right to choose how my money is spent"/"private enterprise is more effective than public expenditure"). There is often overlap, and there may be more categories, but it seems rather ludicrous to call theocrats anything like "liberal".