Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:43 am

In Chrestianity, which I think was the original Gnostic Christianity before Christianity took it over and changed the name to Christianity, Jesus was considered a good man archetype. Jesus’ God was also thought of as a good God.

Christianity and Islam created a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah with an immoral Original Sin concept, as well as other immoral doctrines, --- that the Jewish myth never had. Jews read an Original Virtue into Eden. Not a fall.

Christianity created and adopted the Trinity concept many years after Jesus died. Christianity kowtowed to Constantine and tied a reasonably good Jesus to a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah.

Was it a good idea to tie a good Jesus to an evil Yahweh/Allah?

Regards
DL

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 3:39 pm

Well...sure. Doing that was a GREAT idea!

Just like it would be a great idea if you would stop beating your wife! Lol!

First you declare Jesus great. Then you declare Jehovah evil. And then you ask "was linking good Jesus to evil Jehovah a bad idea?". The way you loaded the question it cant be answered in any meaningful way. So this whole thread is meaningless. Might as well lock it down right now!

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 3:46 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

First you declare Jesus great. Then you declare Jehovah evil. And then you ask "was linking good Jesus to evil Jehovah a bad idea?". The way you loaded the question it cant be answered in any meaningful way. So this whole thread is meaningless. Might as well lock it down right now!

It is not meaningless when one knows good from evil or recognizes how weird the Trinity concept that Constantine forced down Christianity's throat is.

As to my wife, why should I stop doing what she likes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQj5ITva9k

Regards
DL

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2017, 4:37 pm

GnosticBishop = Good. GnosticBishop= evil. GnosticBishop = evil?

I don't know what you're talking about friend. 200% nonsense.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 4:47 pm

Grischa wrote:
GnosticBishop = Good. GnosticBishop= evil. GnosticBishop = evil?

I don't know what you're talking about friend. 200% nonsense.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not know what I am talking about yet somehow know it is nonsense.

Real bright that my eh, intelligent friend.

Let me clear that up for you, eh, if that is possible.

Do you agree with this verdict?

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 5:18 pm

Yeah. Good is positive and evil is negative. A positive number multiplied by a negative number will always produce a negative number. So if Jesus is good and Yahweh is evil, that means Jesus.Yahweh = Trinity = Evil.

The Holy Spirit is neutral because it never does anything and has no traits so we can ignore it.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 4:49 am

It's like saturn & jupiter. the old and the new, a better version?
These are images(symbols or personifications) of ideas, a thing that's lost atm again, esp the understanding related to its history.
The potential cruelty of Saturn was enhanced by his identification with Cronus, known for devouring his own children.
(time eats its children, logic concept and cruel when humanized)(father time as the harvester)
The upside-down mark is on it, the lies and the corpses, another (the same) deathcult took over;
much like the takeover of older cults and places:

Saturn is associated with a major religious festival in the Roman calendar, Saturnalia. Saturnalia celebrated the harvest and sowing, and ran from December 17–23. During Saturnalia, the social restrictions of Rome were relaxed. The figure of Saturn, kept during the year with its legs bound in wool, was released from its bindings for the period of the festival. The revelries of Saturnalia were supposed to reflect the conditions of the lost "Golden Age" before the rule of Saturn was overthrown, not all of them desirable except as a temporary release from civilized constraint. The Greek equivalent was the Kronia.

Macrobius (5th century AD) presents an interpretation of the Saturnalia as a festival of light leading to the winter solstice. The renewal of light and the coming of the new year was celebrated in the later Roman Empire at the Dies Natalis of Sol Invictus, the "Birthday of the Unconquerable Sun," on December 25.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:24 am

So did the Romans think Saturn was a good guy or a bad guy? If they thought he was a bad guy, why have a major festival dedicated to him? That was be like Christians having a holiday dedicated to Satan.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:48 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yeah. Good is positive and evil is negative. A positive number multiplied by a negative number will always produce a negative number. So if Jesus is good and Yahweh is evil, that means Jesus.Yahweh = Trinity = Evil.

The Holy Spirit is neutral because it never does anything and has no traits so we can ignore it.

U C 20/20.

Regards
DL

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 2:09 pm

I just gave this a little mathematical analysis:

Trinity = Evil
Trinity = Evil = 3 Gods/God therefore Evil = 3 since the Gods reduce out.

Jesus = good therefore Jesus <>3

Yahweh/Allah = evil
Yahweh/Allah = 3 therefore if Allah = a then Yahweh = 3a, in order to get the equation 3a/a = 3.

This might please Muslims because it reaffirms that Muhammad wasn't God - just a profit - because we discovered earlier that Yahweh might be equal to 3 and if Yahweh/Allah = 3 in that case then Allah = 1. Otherwise you'd have 3a/2a = 1.5 which isn't evil, it could be good but we don't know what Jesus is other than Jesus <>3.

People of Jewish background might not be quite so pleased because it does suggest that Yahweh is some other number of Gods than one, unless Allah is 1/3 Gods.

The thing I'm wondering about though is just how commutable the 3 is. It raises the question, for example, if you have a romantic or married couple where one is Muslim and one is Christian, does this suggest that it's evil for the Christian to be on top and something other than evil, at least potentially preferable, for the Muslim to be on top since the result is 1/3? That last part could be good/evil if we had some assurance that Jesus = 1, however we only know that Jesus <>3 so moral guidance to a few of my close friends in that example is still left somewhat obscure, even more obscure if Jesus were = 1 because Jesus would be Allah and therefore Allah would have been incarnated as a man.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 14 Nov 2017, 2:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2017, 2:10 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Before proceeding I'd like to state that I'm an atheist. Studies on religion are but a general interest of mine. I don't belong in any particular religious faith but nevertheless I really mean no offence.

There are many instances in the bible hinting at the fact that Jeovah and Jesus are actually the same person. Jeovah is no separate, evil god.

Required background knowledge: "YHWH" translates into "I AM" in plain English. The old testament scriptures were written solely with consonants to save space, but I bet many among you know about that fun fact.

So, "YHWH" stands for "Yeovah". Also, it stands for "Yaveh" because, mind, consonants only.

Now for the Bible citations:

A) Isaiah vs. Revelation. Here both "divine beings" state the same exact thing in the exact same style.
Isaiah 44:6
"I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me."

Rev. 22:13,
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

B) Exodus vs. John. Again, same statement and same style.
Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [two notes here: "I am that I am" = "I am YHWH", and "tell them 'He who Is' has sent you"]

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. [Jesus is 'He who Is']

Finally... since all the scriptures seem all so loosely connected, people just make sense of them however they want. This is why there are so many different Christian religions out there yet none seem to agree on anything. So it's okay if one thinks Jeovah as sort of a platonic demiurge and Jesus as Sofia, the liberator of human kind. There's enough evidence to contradict every Christian denomination out there in the Bible itself.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 2:20 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

It is not meaningless when one knows good from evil or recognizes how weird the Trinity concept that Constantine forced down Christianity's throat is.

Regards
DL

Lewis Black said that the old testament god had anger issues. Doesn't necessarily mean that the dieity was "evil". And Lewis Black admits that "the birth of his son calmed him down, or maybe he took anger management classes". So it wouldn't be evil to link Johovah with Jesus.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:16 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Before proceeding I'd like to state that I'm an atheist. Studies on religion are but a general interest of mine. I don't belong in any particular religious faith but nevertheless I really mean no offence.

There are many instances in the bible hinting at the fact that Jeovah and Jesus are actually the same person. Jeovah is no separate, evil god.

Required background knowledge: "YHWH" translates into "I AM" in plain English. The old testament scriptures were written solely with consonants to save space, but I bet many among you know about that fun fact.

So, "YHWH" stands for "Yeovah". Also, it stands for "Yaveh" because, mind, consonants only.

Now for the Bible citations:

A) Isaiah vs. Revelation. Here both "divine beings" state the same exact thing in the exact same style.
Isaiah 44:6
"I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me."

Rev. 22:13,
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

B) Exodus vs. John. Again, same statement and same style.
Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [two notes here: "I am that I am" = "I am YHWH", and "tell them 'He who Is' has sent you"]

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. [Jesus is 'He who Is']

Finally... since all the scriptures seem all so loosely connected, people just make sense of them however they want. This is why there are so many different Christian religions out there yet none seem to agree on anything. So it's okay if one thinks Jeovah as sort of a platonic demiurge and Jesus as Sofia, the liberator of human kind. There's enough evidence to contradict every Christian denomination out there in the Bible itself.

Interesting, but going further into time and the Jewish language shows that the name I Am was a more modern name.

This whole link is interesting but if you do not get hooked by what you hear at about the 10 min. mark, the next few minutes might enlighten you a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TndLzFZI9A

I do not want to discuss the meaning of word here. My focus is the morality of God, by whatever name you land on.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:24 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Regards
DL

Lewis Black said that the old testament god had anger issues. Doesn't necessarily mean that the dieity was "evil". And Lewis Black admits that "the birth of his son calmed him down, or maybe he took anger management classes". So it wouldn't be evil to link Johovah with Jesus.

Tell us please, if you as a man and let's also pretend you are a God, and as a God you decided that a God had to be sacrificed to forgive mankind instead of punishing the guilty, would you step up to that task or would you send your son?

Is a father sending his son good? Or is that evil when compared to the father sending himself?

Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:45 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Regards
DL

Tell us please, if you as a man and let's also pretend you are a God, and as a God you decided that a God had to be sacrificed to forgive mankind instead of punishing the guilty, would you step up to that task or would you send your son?

Is a father sending his son good? Or is that evil when compared to the father sending himself?

Regards
DL

That sounds like part of a very dark ritual. If sacrificing a human being gives you a good harvest, then sacrificing a god would give you unimaginable power.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:46 pm

Sometimes I think God is incapable of doing anything without violence. Even his greatest act of love involved killing a man.