Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:07 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
When it comes to online dating, the more you write in your profile the better.

Wrong.

Most female profiles I come across are 10 lines max.

2 of my mates literally wrote NOTHING in theirs and had photos of them at the beach.
Guess which 2 are engaged to girls they met on dating sites, and which 2 have material things that tick the boxes.

The 2 who are most hot looking?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:15 am

Out of us 6 alumni, yes they are the best looking.

I don't have any hangups about that. We lead very different lives and it's not like I struggle to meet women.
I just struggle to move past any shallow form of connection. This is down to a number of things.
I hoped a dating profile would broaden my outreach and thus help me find a gf that would not seek some of the things that the women I meet do..without going into much detail. It has only made me more pessimistic and cynical. Perhaps I'm not doing the wrong thing I just need to keep going.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:23 am

If profile length was really important then Tinder wouldn’t become the most popular dating app.

and no, it’s not for “hookup”, plenty of women there say “no hookup” in their descriptions - and almost all say so in chat too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:30 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Out of us 6 alumni, yes they are the best looking.

I don't have any hangups about that. We lead very different lives and it's not like I struggle to meet women.
I just struggle to move past any shallow form of connection. This is down to a number of things.
I hoped a dating profile would broaden my outreach and thus help me find a gf that would not seek some of the things that the women I meet do..without going into much detail. It has only made me more pessimistic and cynical. Perhaps I'm not doing the wrong thing I just need to keep going.

Spit out the bone, what are these things? I am so curious (yet I have a very good guess what they are).

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:35 am

I'm signed up to an Asexual website, Boo. Do the math.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 5:25 am

I like your profile. I think it's great. It gives me a reasonable indication of what you are like and you sound fun in a geeky sort of way - which is fine if that's what you're after.

I think you need to be super upfront about what you're looking for in a relationship since you're asexual. What would you want from a gf? A non-sexual relationship would be a 100% dealbreaker for me. But I'm very upfront about that in my profile on OKC.

As a man though, you may need to proactively message women, but you need to be on the hunt for a person who is not interested in a sexual relationship or least a sexual relationship that you're comfortable with.

I met my current, lovely, geeky, high libido bf on OKC. And it's kind of amazing.