Page 54 of 56 [ 890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^2nded.

Thirded.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:41 am

I'm annoyed that members are insulting one another with words like "stupid, ignorant, Nazi", or making condescending posts to criticise other members' spelling, punctuation, or grammar. This is a support site, not one for belittling members with sweeping, overgeneralised presumptions about their character, their education, their political affiliation, or their support for genocide, murder, and hate crime.

Last I checked none of us condoned violence or racism, and we were free to disagree with others without gaslighting them ... or promoting ourselves as superior.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:46 am

^^^ HERE HERE!! :wtg:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:48 am

Syd wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"Devastate" (to destroy completely) and "Decimate" (to destroy only 1/10).
Regarding the Incorrect Use of 'Decimate' (Merriam-Webster)
This is one of the few times (perhaps the only time) that I disagree with the editorial staff of Merriam-Webster.  Decimate means to kill every tenth soldier and, by simple extension, to destroy only one-tenth of an item, location, or system.  Replacing "Devastate" with "Decimate" shows a distinct lack of knowledge or concern regarding the historical differences between these two words, so when a journalist misuses "Decimate", it is an accurate indication that he or she lacks journalistic depth and understanding, and will likely misuse other words and phrases, as well (i.e., "hone in" instead of "home in", et cetera).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 3:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm annoyed that members are insulting one another with words like "stupid, ignorant, Nazi", or making condescending posts to criticise other members' spelling, punctuation, or grammar. This is a support site, not one for belittling members with sweeping, overgeneralised presumptions about their character, their education, their political affiliation, or their support for genocide, murder, and hate crime.

Last I checked none of us condoned violence or racism, and we were free to disagree with others without gaslighting them ... or promoting ourselves as superior.

Seconded.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:10 pm

The desktop computer that I often use to be here on Wrong Planet
sometimes crashing when I least expect it. :x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 12:44 am

sounds like windows 10 to me. :| a rule of thumb is that if the thing is running longer than 12 hours of steady work, you're running on fumes in terms of the exhaustion of system resources.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 5:44 am

Someone on twitter (pretty sure a teenager) deliberately twisted what I said to make me look racist or for a joke.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 10:22 am

Being ignored because I’m in the minority.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 10:37 am

Anti-intellectualism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 3:25 pm

Same old things.

What I mean same old things, I meant few things I've been always annoyed about since as early as 5 and as late as 15.
Couldn't seem to move out of it despite being more than a decade of dealing with it.

And the whole point of the post itself -- I'm annoyed of not able to just end these old, personal, yet petty crap.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

cognitive biases, logical fallacies, and unhealthy psychological defense mechanisms

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 11:11 am

how general meanness has become an amuuurican virtue.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sounds like windows 10 to me. :| a rule of thumb is that if the thing is running longer than 12 hours of steady work, you're running on fumes in terms of the exhaustion of system resources.

No actually it's an HP 19 All-In-One computer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 12:37 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No actually it's an HP 19 All-In-One computer.

if it is older than a few years, chances are the requirements of the web and current software exceed its design parameters.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 1:49 am

People casually referring to my loved ones as a 'rat infestation' and then acting like I'm looking to be offended when I call them a racist as*hole for their assholish racism. I'm enough bigger than Dustin that when I decide to toss him head first in the tire pit he won't be able to prevent it and it'll be over before anyone can intervene. If he survives the fall the equipment will mangle him, but that if isn't certain.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う