Yemen May Be On The Brink Of A Famine

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 5:22 pm

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/nov/19/yemen-is-on-the-brink-of-a-horrible-famine-heres-h/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 9:26 pm

This famine taking place in Yemen should be a major story on the national news, but this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

I'm sure Trump is to blame, that evil psychopath cheez-it satan.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 10:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
This famine taking place in Yemen should be a major story on the national news, but this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

Amazingly ... we agree.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:02 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Amazingly ... we agree.

As I recall, this isn't the first time we have. :lol:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Amazingly ... we agree.

As I recall, this isn't the first time we have. :lol:

True enough!

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:50 pm

The Saudis are organising a blockade in a bid to protect arms crossing over into Iran.. maybe its just one Greek tragedy after another in this case. Widespread famine is caused by any number of factors usually from corrupt governments, and this results in immigration as a bid to remain silent about their blood thirsty misadventures.
ISIS are clearly growing out of control, despite the rebel militia attempting their own mild coo its not defeating evil.
I suppose people who are reminded of bomb plots are reminded of failed militias such as the ones in Africa., the fight for the Golden Fleece or a Raiders of the lost Ark, reminds us that these devil worshippers haven't moved on from fictional disused pilgrimage. War is sacrilege. No government is holy, both sides are living proof of that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

I've mentioned Yemen a lot actually. We have David Cameron/Obama and Clinton to thank for this. Selling weapons to the Saudis as they bomb schools and hospitals and starve an already poor population.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 6:04 pm

Yemen clearly is a victim of the regional "cold war" between the Saudies and the Iranians.

Trump never knew the meaning of the word "foreign policy" during the campaign, and he would just toss out a number of self contrictory juvenile ideas in speeches, and would b***h, but he never once ever offered a solution to anything besides his unworkable notions about banning Muslim migrants.

Now that he is in office he basically follows the same policy groove as Obama (and W before him) in the region, with only difference being that Trump even more one sidedly favors Saudi Arabia against Iran than Obama did.

So expect Yemen to get even worse.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 2:06 pm

Famine would also kill KSA’s supporters inside Yemen tho too.
Remember, Yemen population is 75% Sunnis Shafii and 25% Shia Zaydis.
Doctrine-wise, these two sects are very similar and they got along well in the past, to the point they used to pray in the same mosques.
But the Houthis group, which was originally largely Zaydis, is now ideologically closer to the radical Iran’s Revolutionary Guards who are Shia Twelvers - in fact, anti-houthis Zaydi clerics claim that Iran had been converting the Houthis for years to Shia Twelvers.

Guys, do you even know what’s written on the Houthis’ flag :roll: ?

Houthis are literally Shia isis-like and are accused to harass Yemeni Jews - their motto on their flags reflects their real selves. Look it up.

And Lebanon’s Hezbollah is involved in Yemen to help the Houthis; hence the recent major diplomatic crisis btween KSA and Lebanon.
We have about 290,000 expats working n Saudi Arabia, most of them Christian Maronites (Hence why the Patriarch visited KSA for the first time in KSA’s history in order to well... protect the Maronite business interests in KSA) - if KSA expells them that would cause an economical disaster for us - and they’ve already threaten to do so if Hezbollah continues its support to Houthis.
And Iran wouldn’t hire our expelled expats! they won’t hire non-Farsi speakers, they don’t need engineers themselves anyway.

I notice many American commenters in blogs think that: Iran = good and fights against Raidical Sunni Islam, while KSA = bad and Home of Wahabbism, therefore home of Islamic terrorism.

The truth? This is a naive thinking and It’s so black and white - It’s not so simple, and Iran has contributed in islamic terrorism (and yes in Sunni terrorism) as well, big time too.
Consider the followin facts:

- The Muslim Brotherhood, the largest radical muslim movement which exists in several countries such as Egypt, Syria, Meghred area, Qatar and even in KSA itself, are Iran’s #1 allies. MB groups been funded and armed by Iran for years. The MBs are like “Middle East’s freemason society”, they are shady, they are wealthy and their ideas are dangerous.

- Hamas, the radical party in Palestinian territories, who did more harm than good to the palestinian cause, is a Muslim Brotherhood affiliate itself! And it’s not secret that Iran was the main backer of Hamas.

- Qatar’s ruler is MB ideologically and has strong ties with MB, it is not a coincidence why it’s the only Gulf Arab country that has strong ties with Iran as well.

- The Ak Parti (Erdogan’s party) had strong ties with Egypt’s MB, and we all know the story of Erdogan’s blind eye (if not even support) for the emergence of ISIS on the Turkish-Syrian border. It’s not a coincidence that Erdogan embraced Qatar after the GCC’s boycott; there’s also turkish military presence in Qatar.

- Al Qaeda founders emerged from the Saudi Muslim Brotherhood’s womb, not Wahhabism’s; but the people around the western world think “wahhabism” when they think of Qaeda because many members of 9/11 were indeed Saudis; truth is, the Qaeda’s Saudis hate wahabism, and hate the royal family of Saudi Arabia; and which other county in the region hates the Royals in KSA? (hint: Iran).

So, to think that empowering Iran will help in eradicating the Sunni Radical islam in the world is very naive. While Wahabbism’s extremist ideologies indeed inspires ideologically islamism and even terrorist groups, Iran was the one who strategically supporting Radical sunni groups to use them as pawns.
Not to forget that Houthis and Hezbollah are radical Shia muslim themselves.

Oh what was the topic again?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 4:58 pm

Oh I don't doubt that this famine will not discriminate between KSA friends and foes among the population of Yemen.

you're way more up on the Muslim Brotherhood than I am.

But obviously Hezbollah in Lebanon is an ally of Iran, and is the spear point of Iran's thrust across the waist of the middle east (Iraq is allied to both Iran and the US, and Assad in Syria is allied to Iran, so I think of the whole thing as Iran attempting to thrust its influence from the Iraqi border of Iran all of the way to the Mediterranean shore of Lebanon.

I think of Hamas as being so rabid that's its tame. So extreme that it discredits the Palestinian cause. Hamas and Israel favor each other at the expense of the moderate secular PLO/Fatah. Between the two (Israel and Hamas) they destroy the Palestinian cause. But Israel is secretly in bed with the KSA to oppose Iran. But you're saying that Netenyahu's friends, Hamas, are allies of Iran. Okay. Its a complex place the mid east.

Israel and KSA pretend to be enemies, but are really friends against Iran.Hamas and Fatah pretend to play on the same Palestinian nationalist team, but Israel and Hamas pretend to rabid mortal enemies, but are really partners in stabbing Fatah in the back. But you're saying Hamas is allies with Iran which is the common mortal enemy of both the KSA, and of Hamas's pretend enemy-but-actual-friend Israel.

I guess I will just hafta sit down and digest all of this. Lol!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 24 Nov 2017, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 6:37 pm

Gee, I wonder which country in the Middle East would want to cause sectarian divisions among Muslims :roll: I wouldn't be surprised if something had even been proposed in the past with such things as "Clean Break" or "The Greater Israel Project".

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 8:52 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Gee, I wonder which country in the Middle East would want to cause sectarian divisions among Muslims :roll: I wouldn't be surprised if something had even been proposed in the past with such things as "Clean Break" or "The Greater Israel Project".

Is there any evidence for that to even cause suspicion?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:50 am

Right.

Israel is somehow singlehandedly orchestrating all conflict between Muslim countries.

Iran, KSA, the Kurds, ISIS, every faction in Syria, would all be one happy family, if the Elders of Zion weren't pulling strings.

AND...Israel is behind the shooting of dogs in Jordan, and of your milk getting sour here in the USA, and of canceling your favorite show, and of.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:24 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Right.

Israel is somehow singlehandedly orchestrating all conflict between Muslim countries.

Iran, KSA, the Kurds, ISIS, every faction in Syria, would all be one happy family, if the Elders of Zion weren't pulling strings.

AND...Israel is behind the shooting of dogs in Jordan, and of your milk getting sour here in the USA, and of canceling your favorite show, and of.....

The Jews are behind Aquarius getting cancelled, and my milk spoiling?!?!?! I KNEW IT!! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 6:00 am

Arabs, Persians, Turks, Kurds, Christian Arabs, Byzantians (Greek Orthodoxes) and Jews had been in conflict against each other in the region way long before Israel.