Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 1:20 am

Dead of natural causes at age 83 (via CBC/SBC).

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 1:30 am

R.I.H.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:09 am

Now that he's dead, can we get around to just remembering his victims, but forgetting him?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:16 am

...I'm certainly not going to try and justify what he did, but (what he was convicted of was relatively minor, IIRC, but, yeah, he probably did more bad stuff that he was not convicted of), IIRC, he was pretty much mistreated and cast aside from childhood on :cry: . That can lead to horrors.
Also, to be blunt, there are killers/marauders evrn worse than him, who committed more than he did - but weren't supet-melodramatic " hippie death cult " leaders hanging around rock and movie stars - the template for umpteen paperback novels and B pictures.
To repeat myself - I am not justifying his actions or saying that he shouldn't have been punished - He was never executed because his trial happened at a time when the death penalty was on hold. If not, I would have had no overwhelming problem with his being executed. There, that bloodthirsty enough for you? :x.
However, one remembers Phil Ochs: " There but for fortune may go you or I " :cry: ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:54 am

If I recall correctly from the book Helter Skelter (written by the prosecuting attorney) Manson orchestrated the murder of 4 people in Beverly Hills and a delivery guy, and then an elderly couple in Los Angeles. And tried to frame the Black Panthers. He was hoping for a race war in which people of color would prevail, but would also need Manson to be their leader.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 6:41 am

EzraS wrote:
If I recall correctly from the book Helter Skelter (written by the prosecuting attorney) Manson orchestrated the murder of 4 people in Beverly Hills and a delivery guy, and then an elderly couple in Los Angeles. And tried to frame the Black Panthers. He was hoping for a race war in which people of color would prevail, but would also need Manson to be their leader.

Goes to show you why most plans by crazy people don't work. Because they're crazy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 6:50 am

What will Geraldo, and the Tabloids, do now that they don't have their favorite villain to exploit when the news gets slow? lol!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 7:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Goes to show you why most plans by crazy people don't work. Because they're crazy.

That was only the beginning of the crazy. Manson thought that the Beatles (who didn't even know him, nor of him yet) were speaking to him personally through their lyrics on the White Album, and was convinced that the Beatle were egging him on to start his race war, and that the Beatles would join him as comrades. And I am sure even that's just the tip of the crazy berg.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:14 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That was only the beginning of the crazy. Manson thought that the Beatles (who didn't even know him, nor of him yet) were speaking to him personally through their lyrics on the White Album, and was convinced that the Beatle were egging him on to start his race war, and that the Beatles would join him as comrades. And I am sure even that's just the tip of the crazy berg.

I'm sure, considering he believed himself to be both Christ and Satan.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 5:24 pm

The families of his victims can finally get the sense of peace anticipated for almost fifty years.

Glad he's finally gone.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm

They're being very hush-hush about the cause of death. All I read was that Manson had had gastrointestinal bleeding, but because of his age and fragile health, no surgery was performed.