Cutting funding to sanctuary cities blocked

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 2:20 am

Judge permanently blocks Trump sanctuary cities order

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:58 pm

I love how they say he has it blocked "permanently", as if a single person has the power to set something in stone forever and this decision won't be reversed within a month.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 4:30 pm

Quote:
I love how they say he has it blocked "permanently", as if a single person has the power to set something in stone forever and this decision won't be reversed within a month.

^This.

When it's challenged (not if), I hope we can discuss the fact that judges in San Francisco California (a city with a very particular political climate...and also a Sanctuary City) are deciding how the law regarding Sanctuary Cities is applied in Arizona, a state with a completely different political climate...and maybe four Sanctuary Cities.

The ninth circuit also decides how the law applies in California, Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, and Idaho. I suppose I should note that.