What is your biggest problem right now?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:37 am

Lately it's been my inability to deal with rejection =)

I feel like I must be cursed or something, because new people online just have this innate understanding that either I must not be replied to at all, or there is a rare condition that it is okay to talk with me as long as I am hardcore ghosted shortly afterward. I know I never used to have this problem. I didn't used to kill so many threads. I didn't used to feel so apprehensive about joining conversations.

The Internet used to be this wild new frontier that all of us geeks could congregate to to find solace and shelter, but now it just depresses me. I feel like I have no refuge anymore; all of my old stomping grounds are abandoned, or are dying. It feels like the 'Net has turned into just another high-school popularity contest that everyone and their grandparents are participating in...I just don't know how to relate to these kinds of people.

Ehhhhh... :roll:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:52 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
my first major obsession was moral scrupulosity

I've heard of religious scrupulosity but not moral scrupulosity , I just googled it and had another light bulb moment :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2017, 12:02 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I've heard of religious scrupulosity but not moral scrupulosity , I just googled it and had another light bulb moment :roll:

This might explain a meeting I had yesterday with two Aspies, one was fanatic religious and the other fanatic spiritual. I'm an Atheist/Agnostic Sceptic and it just baffles me how this is possible. But reading about moral/religious scrupulosity explains it a bit.

But still... It's not logical or rational to me. Very strange.

One sat on my left side the other on my right. What I ended up doing in the conversations was asking them a bunch of questions trying to make them see all the fallacies they made and how it did not make sense logically. But I just got a long monologue back from each of them about jesus and spaceships and how everyone else would go to hell if not accepting jesus or how the other could see in to the future and change it during dreams. Very far out stuff. I wonder how they looked in each others eyes? They did not know each other.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 12:06 pm

Massive anxiety about what to do with myself; work or study, and if study, which kind of studies.

Was considering IT, went through horrible anxiety and then realized I can't deal with more stuff I don't feel in control over.

Back to square one.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 12:56 pm

Joe90 wrote:
My biggest problem in life is work and financially supporting myself. I don't think I would have this problem if I was NT (as in no mental challenges) because my peers seem emotionally and physically motivated to work full time and their emotions don't hold them back so much.

I'm regularly amazed at this. Just the way people seem so satisfied with a "normal life".
I've never been able to figure it out.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

Healing from burnout, very much to do with asd. I feel like a changed person, in a positive way, but it hasn’t been “fun”. :|

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

In the first grade I used to have to confess all the "bad things" I did that day to my mom before I could go to bed at night :D . Never made the connection to OCD until about a year ago. The only thing I knew was that it made me feel a heck of a lot better after telling her (compulsion).

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2017, 6:16 pm

Severe issues with worrying and anxiety. It has been an problem for a while now and suffering from it has not been good. I just hope it all goes away soon....

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 11:06 pm

Severe Chronic Hives

Nick9075
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2017, 11:20 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
What is the biggest problem in your life right now that causes you the most stress? Are you able to pick just one of your problems, point at it and say: "This. This is the biggest problem I have." Or do you have so many bad ones that it's impossible for you to pick just one? Or does your life not have any problems that you'd consider serious at the moment? If you do have a problem like this, do you think you wouldn't have it if you weren't autistic?

I am sorry to whine but seems everything but in particular finding a job (any job).. It seems that at age 42 I am basically unemployable due to my poor work history but what makes me bitter is seeing nearly everyone with nearly no experience doing absolutely terrifically in life and getting a multitude of six figure job offers without experience even

Nick9075
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2017, 11:24 pm

underwater wrote:
Massive anxiety about what to do with myself; work or study, and if study, which kind of studies.

Was considering IT, went through horrible anxiety and then realized I can't deal with more stuff I don't feel in control over.

Back to square one.

this has happened to me.. was considering a career change to data analysis and took an 8 week course that included R programming, SQL, Tableau, and machine learning. well it was a disaster, I also had horrible anxiety and was basically lost but it seemed like I was totally out of place. I mean nearly everyone was in their mid 20s and when you are in your 40s you are supposed to be settled in a career and able to use a companies tuition reimbursement for additional learning. I mean it seems like everyone hates me, finds me 'weird or strange' and just ignores me

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 3:51 am

Nick9075 wrote:
I am sorry to whine but seems everything but in particular finding a job (any job).. It seems that at age 42 I am basically unemployable due to my poor work history but what makes me bitter is seeing nearly everyone with nearly no experience doing absolutely terrifically in life and getting a multitude of six figure job offers without experience even

I know the feeling... I mean I'm a lot younger but other than have the same problem. Once I was actually an unpaid trainee for a job I was perfectly qualified for and had someone with no proper education for the job as my superior.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 4:17 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Nick9075 wrote:

I know the feeling... I mean I'm a lot younger but other than have the same problem. Once I was actually an unpaid trainee for a job I was perfectly qualified for and had someone with no proper education for the job as my superior.

I'm right there with you both on this one. Even at 42 years old I'm lucky to stay employed for a few months at a time due to typical Autistic social inadequacies that seem to have only gotten worse as I've aged. This is a cause of great anxiety for me and as a result I can only manage three to four hours of sleep a day. But at this time I cannot afford the medication I need to sleep properly because I can't acquire a decent health plan. This is causing a vicious cycle because without proper sleep I'm making extra mistakes at work which causes me to become even more unemployable.

One day the pain will end.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 7:55 am

^ Waiting for that day.

I quit my job and came back to my home country to my family for a month to calm myself down. It doesn't seem to work. I'd like to be independent but it seems like an impossible goal to achieve.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 8:38 am

I'd say, if I don't think too much about it beforehand, that my biggest problem currently is my capacity for sudden disillusionment and depression.
I generally will be going along quite neutral and stable for a few days and all of a sudden, I'll have an unpleasant 'thought' or memory pop into my head uninvited, and my mood drops. I feel suicidal several times a week when it's bad.
My big problem is that there's a monster composed of every bad thing that has ever happened to me - or could happen - just at the edges of my mind. I'm constantly on edge over when it will next leap out.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 1:46 pm

The balancing act of everything all at once.