Online dating & meeting people throught technology?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2017, 11:18 am

Is it common to have online relationships through websites & video gaming? And how would I be able to meet singles online & offline my age 24? And how do I gain peoples trust online & offline?

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2017, 11:28 am

Online dating is fine though you'll find lots of people on here who will tell you it's a waste of time. What is definitely a waste of time though is online relationships. It's one thing to meet someone online but it's another thing to never meet them OFFline. Chances are if you're doing that then they live really far away and if neither of you is willing/able to move then why bother? Keep it at a friendship.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:50 am

It depends on you expectations. Consider an auction like Ebay. You aren't going to get a really good deal on Ebay if you have a dozen other people bidding on the same item. But, you can certainly buy a lot of stuff there at decent price. And easily overpay if you aren't careful. Ebay can be very useful for buying stuff not found in stores, like vintage clothing.

I think you are most likely to find success online if you aren't looking for what everyone else wants. Don't bother with attractive girls aged 22 to 24. They get so many emails it is likely they won't even see your email. There are lots of articles online on dating sites. It may help to read a few.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 6:34 pm

So he should go for women he finds ugly? 0.o

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 6:43 pm

If he really wants to meet attractive girls aged 22 to 24 he should consider alternatives to online dating sites.

Sort of like what you should do when there is a major accident on a road you need to take to get to work and they close the road. You just aren't going to be able to drive around burning vehicles like they do in the movies.

"What I really think has had the most impact on me is the realization that I'm 34 years old and I've never had a boyfriend."
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a ... -syndrome/
She is ugly but would like to date.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 4:57 am

Link didn’t go anywhere for me.

I don’t think people should avoid anyone they find attractive. Apparently there’s a scale from 1-10. 4/5-10 being attractive I guess. Why should guys like us for for 4/5/6 women?

Course my problem is I can’t tell if a woman’s a 10 or 4.
For me there’s attractive and ugly, I won’t date someone I find ugly. I won’t be able to be physical intimate with them. Which is a key part of relationship.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:46 am

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a ... -syndrome/
Her name is Kirstin Bartzokis and she has Treacher Collins Syndome
This is the facial deformity depicted in the Wonder movie currently showing in theaters.

If you can get past the way her face looks she did get a perfect 10 in gymnastics competition.

The problem with rating scales is that men and women have vastly different ideas on what they want. Men generally want beauty and an age around 22 to 27 years old. Women typically want income and wealth. You may be incredibly handsome and have no trouble getting one night stands, but when it comes to a long term relationship, a guy who just got tenure at a prestigious school is going to get the girl more often than not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_tenure

It can be a total waste of time, just like bidding $1 on new PS4 gaming machines on Ebay. No way is someone going to actually sell you one for just $1. Women want income and wealth, even if they have more than enough to go around. You can waste a lot of time emailing good looking women if you don't have a good job.

Dating sites are more useful if you can master the search functions they provide. Even POF, a free site, has a useful "advanced" search.

As women are concerned with more than looks, you need to actually read what they write. Seriously. Before emailing or messaging them, not after.

Income and wealth is really important because women are afraid of ending up poor when they get old. If a pretty girl married Sly and got divorced after 10 years she wouldn't even get child support, as Sly can't pay that. If she married me she would get a paid off house and get the better of hers or my Social Security benefits, assuming she doesn't remarry.