Page 1 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 5:22 pm

I wear it every once in a while, but not every day.

shymoose
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm

I don't except for on Halloween or rare special occasions. I love the way makeup looks but it feels like too much additional work for me to put it on everytime before I have to go somewhere.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 9:54 pm

No, I can't be bothered, especially when I hardly go to any social events anyway.

fruitloop42
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm

Also only once in a while, and then only mascara and a little bit of eye shadow.

This might sound a bit ridiculous but I don't really know how to do anything else. When I was a teenager and friends used to spend ages "getting ready", I would take like 10 minutes and then have no idea what else I was supposed to do.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:13 pm

fruitloop42 wrote:
Also only once in a while, and then only mascara and a little bit of eye shadow.

This might sound a bit ridiculous but I don't really know how to do anything else. When I was a teenager and friends used to spend ages "getting ready", I would take like 10 minutes and then have no idea what else I was supposed to do.

I don't know how to use anything besides lipstick properly. I don't even know what half of it is for. But the few times my mom has made me wear makeup and put it on for me, for very special occasions, I hated the feel anyway.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:35 pm

I wear cover-up stuff when my skin is not cooperating. I don't know how people can go out in public with red spots all over their faces, especially when you're an adult and too old for this crap.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:58 am

Maybe a few times a year.

Painappulu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2017, 4:34 am

I wear tinted cream (BB cream) and a little bit of blush most days...
More make-up once in a while for a date / work (but it feels uncomfortable, especially mascara. The best part is going home and taking it off :)

beady
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:11 am

I've tried, really I have!, to adapt to this manacle but I cannot.
I have sensitive skin and react with itching, rashes, or worse to many products. I am so uncomfortable having some substance sitting on my skin or eyes. I also tend to rub, scratch, touch my face so often it's a nightmare.
I have given myself permission to never endure this torture unless it's for some unusually special occasion.
I do admire the look many achieve and think the face can be an artistic and beautiful canvas.

The same goes for most jewelry but I can endure that a tiny bit more easily. Very tiny.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

I wear it for special occasions mostly.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

Eye makeup and lipstick

BCTucker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2017, 7:41 am

beady wrote:
I have sensitive skin and react with itching, rashes, or worse to many products. I am so uncomfortable having some substance sitting on my skin or eyes. I also tend to rub, scratch, touch my face so often it's a nightmare.
I have given myself permission to never endure this torture unless it's for some unusually special occasion.
I do admire the look many achieve and think the face can be an artistic and beautiful canvas.

The same goes for most jewelry but I can endure that a tiny bit more easily. Very tiny.

Me too! It sounds like my skin isn't as sensitive as yours, but I touch my face wayyyy too often to successfully wear a full face of makeup for more than a few hours. As for the red spots, yeah, I hate them, and I feel too old for this crap, and I'm sure that the amount of time I spend touching my face doesn't help. But at least now I'm understanding more about why I simultaneously can't stop picking at my face and also can't be bothered to wear makeup to cover the damage that picking does.

For those that can wear lipstick (and someone said lipstick only!! :o :o ) I applaud you. When I do wear makeup for special occasions, I cannot for the life of me put anything on my lips that A. looks reasonable when I apply it and B. lasts for more than 5 minutes before I accidentally wipe off the "gunk" I feel on my lips.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2017, 1:39 am

Rarely.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 1:58 am

BCTucker wrote:
beady wrote:

Me too! It sounds like my skin isn't as sensitive as yours, but I touch my face wayyyy too often to successfully wear a full face of makeup for more than a few hours. As for the red spots, yeah, I hate them, and I feel too old for this crap, and I'm sure that the amount of time I spend touching my face doesn't help. But at least now I'm understanding more about why I simultaneously can't stop picking at my face and also can't be bothered to wear makeup to cover the damage that picking does.

For those that can wear lipstick (and someone said lipstick only!! :o :o ) I applaud you. When I do wear makeup for special occasions, I cannot for the life of me put anything on my lips that A. looks reasonable when I apply it and B. lasts for more than 5 minutes before I accidentally wipe off the "gunk" I feel on my lips.

I said it's the only thing I know how to use properly, I didn't say I can stand it :wink: I have the same problem with feeling it on my lips. Apparently my lips are ordinarily pale enough for my doctor to make a note of it on my chart, and my mom's said I would greatly benefit from a little lipstick, but I just can't put up with it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:41 am

When I'm going somewhere, but only mascara and lipstick. I hate the feel of makeup on my skin.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2017, 12:33 pm

I rarely wear makeup. I don't like the way it makes my face feel.