Teen sex slave jailed for killing her abuser

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 9:41 pm

In what will go down as the worst case of a miscarriage of justice a teenager who was sex trafficked raped and beaten has managed to bravely escape one of her abusers.

Instead of being heralded a hero Cintoia Brown has been charged with murder and imprisoned for life!!

A number of high profile women are now trying to provide assistance
https://honey.nine.com.au/2017/11/25/11 ... toia-brown

I suggest the NAACP get off their haunches and intervene as the poor girl is black and the paedophile abuser is a white real estate agent so the prosecution has tried to pitch to the jury she is a "dangerous girl" (even though she is a child) and the white paedophile is somehow respectable?

Looks like the Tenessee justice system must be run by the KKK

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 10:19 pm

Yeah I heard about this, considering the circumstances life in prison is a ridiculous sentence for it.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2017, 10:23 pm

I cried when I read that. Here's the petition to help her: https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/free-cyntoia-brown

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 10:44 pm

Looks like:
1. Her pimp tells her to "get some money".
2. She prostitutes to some random guy.
3. After sleeping with him, she kills him.
4. She steals his stuff.

We don't release murders just because they have sad life stories.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 10:49 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Looks like:
4. She steals his stuff.

Yes she was forced to prostitute by that pimp, also the person she shot was illegally having sex with a teenage sex trafficking victim. I won't say she should have just been free to go with no consequence at all, but the person she killed was abusing her, she was also being abused and assaulted by that pimp who demanded she go out and make him some money. Considering all those factors you choose to ignore, life in prison is too harsh a sentence...and is not a good example of justice.

If you kill an innocent victim then yes life in prison does make sense in most cases, unless a person is not of sound mind and the court decides a mental health facility is more appropriate than prison. If you kill someone who is abusing you and threatens you in some way you fear for your life....life in prison hardly makes sense. What is the message than, 'don't defend yourself ever.'?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:07 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Looks like:
4. She steals his stuff.

Yes she was forced to prostitute by that pimp, also the person she shot was illegally having sex with a teenage sex trafficking victim. I won't say she should have just been free to go with no consequence at all, but the person she killed was abusing her, she was also being abused and assaulted by that pimp who demanded she go out and make him some money. Considering all those factors you choose to ignore, life in prison is too harsh a sentence...and is not a good example of justice.

If you kill an innocent victim then yes life in prison does make sense in most cases, unless a person is not of sound mind and the court decides a mental health facility is more appropriate than prison. If you kill someone who is abusing you and threatens you in some way you fear for your life....life in prison hardly makes sense. What is the message than, 'don't defend yourself ever.'?

Her story would be more believable if she was "actually trying to escape" by running away from these people, or going to the police.

She wasn't trying to escape.

She got willingly into his truck, she agreed to sex for money, she took the stuff she stole back to her pimp.

Likely, so they could feed their cocaine habit.

This is straight-up murder/robbery.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:41 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Looks like:
4. She steals his stuff.

Her story would be more believable if she was "actually trying to escape" by running away from these people, or going to the police.

She wasn't trying to escape.

She got willingly into his truck, she agreed to sex for money, she took the stuff she stole back to her pimp.

Likely, so they could feed their cocaine habit.

This is straight-up murder/robbery.

Your lack of compassion for someone sold into sex slavery is pretty disgusting. Your comment actually turned my stomach.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:59 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Your lack of compassion for someone sold into sex slavery is pretty disgusting. Your comment actually turned my stomach.

She was never "sold into slavery".

She was a runaway.

She lived with her pimp in a hotel room, where they did cocaine, and marijuana.

Her pimp told her, "make some money", so she went on the streets to prostitute.

That's where she encountered some random guy in his truck, who asked her, "Need some help?".

She got into his truck, and they negotiated sex for money.

Later, she kills him, steals his stuff and takes it back to her pimp.

Why have sympathy?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:06 am

Sympathy would imply one of us knowing where she's coming from, but your username otherwise suggests a lot more empathy. By the definitions you mentioned, she did wind up sold off.

Marijuana & cocaine are pretty benign compared to the rest of this story for that matter. There may be no proof of self-defense but you're ascribing no fault to the abuser.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:13 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

So the sob story of 3 million or more people being targeted by Marcello Dutarte gets a pass why?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:21 am

cberg wrote:
Sympathy would imply one of us knowing where she's coming from, but your username otherwise suggests a lot more empathy. By the definitions you mentioned, she did wind up sold off.

Marijuana & cocaine are pretty benign compared to the rest of this story for that matter. There may be no proof of self-defense but you're ascribing no fault to the abuser.

The abuser is her pimp, not the guy she murdered.

She murdered some random guy.

I don't have empathy for murderers.

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 25 Nov 2017, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:22 am

Who was nevertheless complicit in the same illegal transaction.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:25 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
cberg wrote:

The abuser is her pimp, not the guy she murdered.

She murdered some random guy.

"Some random guy" who bought an underage sex slave.

Your need to assign no responsibility at all to a man who would purchase an underage sex slave is seriously messed up.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:43 am

Your need to assign no responsibility at all to a man who would purchase an underage sex slave is seriously messed up.

You're being dishonest calling her a "sex slave".

She sold herself to him to get money.

cberg wrote:

I don't have sympathy, because that has nothing to do with her motivation to kill him.

She didn't think, like avenger Charles Bronson, "You sick pervert. I' m not letting you harm another child".

No, she appears to have killed him, simply for money or property.

That's the kind of human we want out of society. The person that lacks respect for human life.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:46 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

You're being dishonest calling her a "sex slave".

She sold herself to him to get money.

cberg wrote:

I don't have sympathy, because that has nothing to do with her motivation to kill him.

She didn't think, like avenger Charles Bronson, "You sick pervert. I' m not letting you harm another child".

No, she appears to have killed him, simply for money or property.

That's the kind of human we want out of society. The person that lacks respect for human life.

An underage girl can't "sell herself", she wasn't old enough to consent to that.

I'm done participating in this thread, your perspective on this crime and lack of compassion for a sex trafficking victim is too disturbing to me. Bye.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 2:05 am

So your callous disrespect for consent doesn't count?

I second Kara; yuck. Good night.