Record requests for gun registration on Black Friday

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 2:21 pm

Black Friday posts new single day record for gun checks at more than 200,000

Quote:
In all, the FBI fielded 203,086 requests on Black Friday, up from the previous single-day highs of 185,713 last year and 185,345 in 2015. The two previous records also were recorded on Black Friday.

Gun checks, required for purchases at federally licensed firearm dealers, are not a measure of actual gun sales. The number of firearms sold Friday is likely higher because multiple firearms can be included in one transaction by a single buyer.

The surging numbers received by the bureau's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), comes just days after Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered a sweeping review of the system, which allowed a court-martialed Air Force veteran to purchase the rifle used earlier this month to kill 25 people inside a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 3:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:
In all, the FBI fielded 203,086 requests on Black Friday, up from the previous single-day highs of 185,713 last year and 185,345 in 2015. The two previous records also were recorded on Black Friday.

Gun checks, required for purchases at federally licensed firearm dealers, are not a measure of actual gun sales. The number of firearms sold Friday is likely higher because multiple firearms can be included in one transaction by a single buyer.

The surging numbers received by the bureau's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), comes just days after Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered a sweeping review of the system, which allowed a court-martialed Air Force veteran to purchase the rifle used earlier this month to kill 25 people inside a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church.

Holy crap, Jeff Sessions actually criticized an actual problem...surprised it wasn't that he 'couldn't recall' that shooting. Still don't think he is fit to be Attorney General though.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 11:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:

Holy crap, Jeff Sessions actually criticized an actual problem...surprised it wasn't that he 'couldn't recall' that shooting. Still don't think he is fit to be Attorney General though.

He's anti-weed, anti-gun, seems he's anti-everything fun.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 11:26 pm

I did my part to get those numbers up...

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 10:24 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jeff Sessions... Still don't think he is fit to be Attorney General though.

I don't think so, either.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 10:29 am

SH90 wrote:

WOO-HOO----I knew I could count on you!!

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 11:20 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
SH90 wrote:

One of them was picking this up from the factory :oops:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 12:51 pm

SH90 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
SH90 wrote:

One of them was picking this up from the factory :oops:

I don't know that much about guns----but, I'm thinking that's a bump stock? If it is, you shoulda bought at least TEN, cuz you just know some Pelosi, Schumer, Gabby Giffords, Clinton-type person is gonna start workin'-on that ban soon, so you might as well get a small mint off of eBay, or somewhere.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 12:57 pm

It's a AR15 lower, it's the serialized part or the gun as far as the ATF is concerned. I will build it into another rifle soon.

Assembled AR15 top, stripped AR15 lower on bottom... It's treated the same as a gun, requires the same NICS check.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 1:15 pm

SH90 wrote:
It's a AR15 lower, it's the serialized part or the gun as far as the ATF is concerned. I will build it into another rifle soon.

Assembled AR15 top, stripped AR15 lower on bottom... It's treated the same as a gun, requires the same NICS check.

You appear to prefer iron sights instead of a scope? When I bought my SIG Sauer M400 (to match my SIG Sauer P229), a mix-up at the factory caused me to receive a RGB scope. I offered to return it to them unopened, but they asked me to "keep it." Nice!

What kind of sling is that?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
You appear to prefer iron sights instead of a scope? When I bought my SIG Sauer M400 (to match my SIG Sauer P229), a mix-up at the factory caused me to receive a RGB scope. I offered to return it to them unopened, but they asked me to "keep it." Nice!

What kind of sling is that?

That picture was when I first bought those just before the election. I have a Trijicon Accupoint and a offset RMR on a Larue mount (below). I do prefer iron sights though, I don't shoot them often. But I enjoy going back to the basics. The sling is a single point bungee TacticalLink. It sucks, more of a nut crusher when transitioning... It sits in a box collecting dust.

I only had one Sig rifle and it was Sig 556 Classic Swat, I wish I still had it :(

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2017, 3:35 pm

Y'all are lucky. I live in California and these featureless ARs are ridiculous.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 4:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:

Do you think that the number of requests is related to the order of a review of the NICS? I would bet that nearly all of those had nothing to do with the review.

The real reason for the numbers is undoubtedly because of the sale prices offered. I don't recollect ever seeing a Black Friday with as many advertised firearm sales as there were this year.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

Can't wait for graphene and carbon nanotubes vests and armors; with a little luck it would give a great blow to the guns cult by making them obsolete as far as tools of war go.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 11:36 am

Tollorin wrote:
Can't wait for graphene and carbon nanotubes vests and armors; with a little luck it would give a great blow to the guns cult by making them obsolete as far as tools of war go.

As someone who owns both soft and hard armor. I still wouldn't want to be shot with or without one and the armor is impractical to wear every day. Besides most rifle rounds will still penetrate soft armor. If you would like to buy body armor, I can send some links if you're interested. But it's not cheap and again, completely impractical for daily use. The few companies I seen who make "causal" armored clothing is extremely expensive and again, not effective when a rifle is used.

JoeyFlash wrote:
Y'all are lucky. I live in California and these featureless ARs are ridiculous.

You should leave Commieland and move to a free state.