Childhood Prevelance of developmental disabilities up in USA

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 12:31 am

CDC Says Developmental Disabilities Are On The Rise

Quote:
An increasing number of American children have developmental disabilities, the federal government says, even as autism and intellectual disability rates remain largely steady.

Between 2014 and 2016, the prevalence of developmental disabilities among kids ages 3 to 17 increased from 5.76 percent to 6.99 percent, according to figures released Wednesday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The findings come from data collected through the National Health Interview Survey, a routine in-person government poll soliciting information about all types of health matters from people across the country.

As part of the inquiry, parents were asked if they had ever been told by a doctor or health professional that their child had intellectual disability, autism or any other developmental delay.

Across all conditions, the CDC found that prevalence was “significantly higher” among boys than girls. The diagnoses were least common among Hispanic children compared to other racial or ethnic groups

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

traven
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 2:36 am

consumer-parenting
yes we can

sins we're all entitled to be equally intelligent it must be something else,
take a dive in the alphabeth soup and we likely find something

8O 8)