Page 13 of 20 [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 4:39 pm

Hollywood has long had the reputation as a big nest of sociopaths and malignant narcissists. in our grandparents' generation, such were given the epithet, "Hollywood types" and were generally avoided as much as possible.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 3:19 pm

CBS declines to take immediate action regarding allegations of sexual misconduct against CEO Les Moonves. The company will hire an outside counsel to investigate - AP

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2018, 4:11 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
James Gunn Fired as ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’ Director after ‘Indefensible’ Tweets Resurface
Quote:
Disney has parted ways with director James Gunn after a number of what the studio called “indefensible” tweets he wrote years ago resurfaced.

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, said in a statement obtained by CNN.

Gunn had come under fire in recent days after his comments, which made references to pedophilia and molestation, came to light.

On Thursday, Gunn acknowledged the attention his previous social media comments were getting in a series of tweets.

“Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor,” he wrote. “It’s not to say I’m better, but I am very, very different than I was a few years ago; today I try to root my work in love and connection and less in anger. My days saying something just because it’s shocking and trying to get a reaction are over.”

He added: “For the record, when I made these shocking jokes, I wasn’t living them out. I know this is a weird statement to make, and seems obvious, but, still, here I am, saying it.”

50,000 sign petition for Disney to rehire James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Quote:
Thousands have signed an online petition for the Walt Disney Co. to rehire Guardians of the Galaxy writer and director James Gunn after he was fired from the third film in the series Friday.

Gunn had been targeted for criticism by figures connected to a far-right fringe movement, who began highlighting a series of offensive shock-jokes Gunn made, some more than a decade old, on Twitter and his blog.

Fellow director Joe Carnahan (The Grey, Smokin’ Aces) shared the petition on Twitter, where it had collected more than 5,000 signatures as of Saturday afternoon. By early evening, it had risen to nearly 16,000.

By Sunday morning, the total had climbed to 51,000

Gunn has lately used his social media platform to deliver scathing criticism of Donald Trump, which apparently captured the attention of controversial right-wing activist Mike Cernovich, who encouraged his followers to bombard Disney and Marvel accounts with screenshots of perverse jokes about molestation and other taboo subjects that Gunn had made over the years.

Gunn had also joked about directing a movie version of the beloved children’s book The Giving Tree in which the tree performs a sex act on its human companion

Gunn had already apologized for many of these remarks back in 2012, as some of his supporters tried to emphasize.

James Gunn Praised By #MeToo Accuser Selma Blair After Marvel Firing
Quote:
After getting unexpectedly fired from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” series by Disney, James Gunn has found support from Selma Blair, one of the women of #MeToo who came out about her sexual harassment at the hands of director James Toback last year.

“If people are punished despite changing, then what does that teach people about owning mistakes and evolving?” asked Blair in a tweet. “This man is one of the good ones.”

Blair also linked to a Change.org petition that has over 80,000 signatures asking Disney to reinstate Gunn as the director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,

'Guardians of the Galaxy' cast wants ousted director James Gunn reinstated
Quote:
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" cast has issued an open letter in support of ousted director James Gunn.

The cast -- including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper -- said in a statement released Monday that they were "shocked" by the director's "abrupt firing" last week from the third installment of the franchise and have "been encouraged by the outpouring of support from fans and members of the media who wish to see James reinstated as director of Volume 3."

Saldana, Pratt and fellow cast member Dave Bautista previously acknowledged the controversy on social media, but the cast letter marks the most notable show of support for Gunn yet.
"We cannot let this moment pass without expressing our love, support and gratitude for James," the cast said. "We are not here to defend his jokes of many years ago but rather to share our experience having spent many years together on set making Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2."
The cast added, "The character [Gunn] has shown in the wake of his firing is consistent with the man he was every day on set, and his apology, now and from years ago when first addressing these remarks, we believe is from the heart, a heart we all know, trust and love."

The statement also seems to acknowledge an effort by some conservative blogs to target Gunn, a vocal opponent of President Donald Trump.

"There is little due process in the court of public opinion. James is likely not the last good person to be put on trial," the statement said. "Given the growing political divide in this country, it's safe to say instances like this will continue, although we hope Americans from across the political spectrum can ease up on the character assassinations and stop weaponizing mob mentality."

n wake of his exit from "Guardians," Gunn has found several supporters in Hollywood, including Selma Blair and comedian Patton Oswalt.
Saldana, Pratt and fellow cast member Dave Bautista previously acknowledged the controversy on social media, but the cast letter marks the most notable show of support for Gunn yet.

"We cannot let this moment pass without expressing our love, support and gratitude for James," the cast said. "We are not here to defend his jokes of many years ago but rather to share our experience having spent many years together on set making Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2."

The cast added, "The character [Gunn] has shown in the wake of his firing is consistent with the man he was every day on set, and his apology, now and from years ago when first addressing these remarks, we believe is from the heart, a heart we all know, trust and love."

The statement also seems to acknowledge an effort by some conservative blogs to target Gunn, a vocal opponent of President Donald Trump.

"There is little due process in the court of public opinion. James is likely not the last good person to be put on trial," the statement said. "Given the growing political divide in this country, it's safe to say instances like this will continue, although we hope Americans from across the political spectrum can ease up on the character assassinations and stop weaponizing mob mentality."

"In casting each of us to help him tell the story of misfits who find redemption, he changed our lives forever," the cast's statement added. "We believe the theme of redemption has never been more relevant than now."
Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Vin Diesel, Pom Klementieff and Michael Rooker also signed the letter.

"Each of us looks forward to working with our friend James again in the future. His story isn't over -- not by a long shot," the cast members said

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 4:17 pm

Bill Clinton's name stripped from NH Democratic Party fundraising gala, amid 'Me Too' movement

Quote:
Former President Bill Clinton’s name no longer adorns the Democratic Party’s major fall fundraising dinner in the state that made him “the comeback kid” and launched him on the road to the White House.

The New Hampshire state party announced Tuesday that their annual Kennedy-Clinton Dinner will now be known as the Eleanor Roosevelt Dinner, in honor of the famous first lady who went on to serve as the first U.S. delegate to the United Nations.

Last November, hours before the Kennedy-Clinton dinner was held, the chairwoman of the New Hampshire GOP urged her Democratic counterpart to drop Clinton’s name from the dinner.

And at a major Democratic state party meeting a few weeks after the event was held, a small group of vocal activists staged a small protest urging that Clinton’s name be dropped.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 8:22 pm

LIBERAL WOMEN’S GROUP: ELLISON MUST RESIGN, DROP OUT OF AG RACE FOLLOWING DOMESTIC ABUSE ALLEGATIONS

A liberal-leaning women’s group is calling on Democratic Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison to resign from Congress and end his attorney general campaign following allegations that he physically abused his ex-girlfriend.

“We believe women. We believe Karen Monahan,” UltraViolet executive director Shaunna Thomas said in a statement Monday. “A domestic abuser does not belong in any position of power but particularly not as the top prosecutor in the State.”

“Keith Ellison should withdraw his candidacy for Minnesota’s Attorney General and resign from the House of Representatives.”

Ellison, the deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee, denied he physically abused Monahan, an activist for liberal environmental organization, Sierra Club.

Monahan’s son, Austin, on Saturday first accused Ellison of beating his mother in a viral Facebook post. Austin claimed to have uncovered a video on his mom’s laptop that showed Ellison dragging her off a bed and screaming expletives at her.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/13/keith ... ons-video/

There Are Four Lights!

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 9:15 pm

If true, he should resign.

Here's some more of Trump's "fine" people:

HE ASSAULTED MEN AT A BAR BECAUSE HE 'DOES NOT LET GAY STUFF GO ON,' MISSOURI SHERIFF SAYS

Allen M. Loftis faces charges after authorities say he assaulted three men at a Missouri bar near Lake of the Ozarks.

But because Loftis reportedly thought the men were gay, authorities went a step further and accused the 22-year-old of committing a hate crime.

A statement from the Camden County prosecuting attorney’s office alleges Loftis attacked the men on Aug. 4 because “he believed the victims were homosexual.”

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article216222390.html

MAN THREATENED TO LYNCH NAACP PRESIDENT, GAINESVILLE POLICE SAY

A 75-year-old man has been arrested on hate crime charges after Gainesville police say he threatened to lynch the president of the Alachua County NAACP chapter.

Ronald Morris Wadford, listed as a homeless Gainesville man, was arrested Thursday on a warrant for two counts of aggravated stalking, according to jail and court records.

In November 2016, police say, Wadford called NAACP President Evelyn Foxx six times from Nov. 9, 2016 to Nov. 21, 2016. He said he was with the Ku Klux Klan and was going to her house to lynch her, according to a sworn complaint from the Gainesville Police Department filed Dec. 30, 2016.

http://www.ocala.com/news/20180810/naacp-head-would-tell-hate-crimes-suspect-i-love-him

POLICE INVESTIGATING ALLEGED ASSAULT OF CALIFORNIA SIKH MAN AS HATE CRIME

A Sikh man who was putting up campaign re-election signs for a California GOP congressman was reportedly attacked last week and told to “go back to your country” in a case that police are investigating as a hate crime.

“The only reason, as far as we can tell, is because he was wearing a turban and he was Middle Eastern,” Deputy Royjindar Singh said, according to KCRA. “That was the only reason they attacked him.”

Malhi also told KCRA that the assailants allegedly spray painted the side of his truck with a white nationalist symbol and scrawled the message, “Go back to your country.”

Apparently reich wingers are attacking right-wingers now, way to show us minorities how safe we are even thinking about joining the GOP. Yeah... Right... Trump's boys and the reich wingers don't care what party you are - they never did - just that you're a fellow aryan.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/police-investigating-alleged-assault-california-sikh-man-hate-crime-n898456

HATE CRIME CHARGES POSSIBLE OFFICERS ACCUSED OF BEATING MAN OUTSIDE BAR

Jorge Gomez, who turned 39 Thursday, came forward to local media as the victim in the beating and said that prior to the physical fight, officers questioned his military service and one of them called him a "fake American." Gomez told The New Orleans Advocate he was born in the United States, and raised in Honduras before returning to New Orleans. He was hospitalized that morning and later released. A relative said he returned to the hospital Tuesday evening because of extreme pain.

https://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/07/hate_crime_new_orleans_police.html

Trump's AmeriKKKa. Another day, another nightmare delivered to us by the right-wing.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 5:55 pm

World-renowned lesbian NYU professor suspended after probe finds she sexually harassed gay male student, report says

Avital Ronell, 66, was found to have sexually harassed a gay male student. (EGS.edu)

A world-renowned New York University professor was reportedly suspended for the upcoming school year after she was found to have sexually harassed a gay male student.

Avital Ronell, 66, who is a lesbian, was found to have made unwanted sexual advances and sent sexually charged emails to Nimrod Reitman, 34, according to a Title IX report obtained by The New York Times on Monday. Ronell, an expert in German and comparative literature, had denied the claims against her.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/14/wo ... -says.html

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 5:58 pm

8O

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 9:44 pm

Democrats avoid abuse allegations against party leader

WASHINGTON (AP) — The head of the Democratic Party insisted Wednesday that allegations of domestic abuse against his second-in-command would not hurt his party ahead of this fall’s midterm elections.

Yet four days after the first public accusation of physical and emotional abuse emerged against Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison, other would-be allies across the nation were far less certain. And President Donald Trump’s supporters, including a nascent group led by former White House counselor Steve Bannon, are ready to pounce.

Many of the Democratic Party’s most influential figures and outside groups avoided the issue as the political world privately pondered whether Ellison — the deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee who just won his party’s nomination for Minnesota’s attorney general — could survive a prospective scandal in the #MeToo era.

https://www.apnews.com/b24a1a20458e4237b485028bf49258a1

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:45 pm

Appalling feminist reaction to harassment claims

Avital Ronell, a world-renowned female professor of German and Comparative Literature at New York University, was found responsible for sexually harassing a male former graduate student, Nimrod Reitman.

A group of colleagues, including Judith Butler, has written a letter in her support that looks just exactly like the crap that has been used to dismiss sexual harassment claims for decades.

“We testify to the grace, the keen wit, and the intellectual commitment of Professor Ronell and ask that she be accorded the dignity rightly deserved by someone of her international standing and reputation,” the professors wrote.

Professor Ronell also does precisely what all the sexual harassers do, and claims that he’s inventing this “because he just wasn’t smart enough. “His main dilemma was the incoherency in his writing, and lack of a recognizable argument.” ”

The parallels to all the other cases I’ve been involved with are striking and clear. A powerful person is found to have abused her power over a subordinate. She is now retaliating, and her powerful peers are closing ranks to insist that she is so famous and talented that she should be above the law. She should not.

https://feministphilosophers.wordpress. ... nt-claims/

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 11:18 pm

New York Times: Asia Argento, #MeToo leader, paid sexual assault accuser

Quote:
Actress and filmmaker Asia Argento has found herself on the other side of the #MeToo conversation.

The New York Times reported Sunday that months after publicly accusing Harvey Weinstein of rape, Argento made a deal with a young actor who accused her of sexual assault.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department on Monday said it was trying to reach the actor in order to "appropriately document any potential criminal allegations."

Argento was among the first women to accuse now disgraced movie mogul Weinstein of sexual misconduct and has been a leading figure in the #MeToo movement.

The New York Times says it has lawyers' documents showing that actor and musician Jimmy Bennett alleged Argento sexually assaulted him in 2013 when he was 17 and she was 37.

According to the publication, Bennett said the assault took place at a hotel in California, where the age of consent is 18. Bennett played Argento's son in the 2004 movie "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things."

The Times reported they received the documents "through encrypted email by an unidentified party," and that they included "a selfie dated May 9, 2013, of the two lying in bed."

"As part of the agreement, Mr. Bennett, who is now 22, gave the photograph and its copyright to Ms. Argento, now 42," the story said. "Three people familiar with the case said the documents were authentic."

Bennett reportedly asked Argento for $3.5 million in damages, a month after she spoke out about Weinstein last October and that Argento later arranged to pay Bennett $380,000.

The first installment was made in April 2018, the New York Times said.

#MeToo founder says 'there is no model survivor' after Asia Argento report
Quote:
The woman who created the #MeToo movement is calling on her fellow activists to press forward in light of news that one of the group's most prominent voices, Asia Argento, allegedly paid off an accuser of her own.

Tarana Burke took to Twitter on Monday to answer criticism that Argento's alleged settlement was a blow to the movement's credibility.

I've said repeatedly that the #metooMVMT is for all of us, including these brave young men who are now coming forward," Burke wrote. "It will continue to be jarring when we hear the names of some of our faves connected to sexual violence unless we shift from talking about individuals...and begin to talk about power. Sexual violence is about power and privilege. That doesn't change if the perpetrator is your favorite actress, activist or professor of any gender."

Burke did not refer to Argento by name but made reference to "recent news stories" that she said some would use "to try and discredit this movement."

"Don't let that happen," Burke wrote. "This is what Movement is about. It's not a spectator sport. It is people generated. We get to say 'this is/isn't what this movement is about!'"

My hope is that as more folks come forward, particularly men, that we prepare ourselves for some hard conversations about power and humanity and privilege and harm," Burke added. "This issue is less about crime & punishment and more about harm and harm reduction. A shift can happen. This movement is making space for possibility."

She added: "But, it can only happen after we crack open the whole can of worms and get really comfortable with the uncomfortable reality that there is no one way to be a perpetrator...and there is no model survivor."

Of course the misogynists and sexual assulters and thier enablers will use this news to try and discredit #MeToo and excuse their own behaviors. This shows the opposite. That a male is making an allegation against the leader of the movement is an example of the positive effect the movement is having in making victims think they might or will be believed.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 20 Aug 2018, 11:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 11:22 pm

I guess no matter the gender, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. no human is exempt from temptation, given the right circumstances. human nature has its ethical limits. and 90% of alphas of whatever gender, give the other 10% a bad rep. and that is a charitable understatement.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 10:14 pm

Actor Gérard Depardieu accused of rape

Quote:
French actor Gérard Depardieu has been accused of rape and sexual assault by a 22-year-old woman, a spokesman for the Paris prosecutor told CNN on Thursday.

"The Paris public prosecutor's office is making a preliminary investigation on counts of rape and sexual assault," the spokesman said.

In the French judicial system, Depardieu would be placed under formal investigation if officials find grounds for pursuing the matter further.

Depardieu has appeared in films like "Green Card," "The Man in the Iron Mask" and "Life of Pi." He was also nominated for an Oscar in 1991 for his leading role in "Cyrano de Bergerac."

Depardieu's lawyer Herve Temime told CNN's affiliate BFMTV that his client was "shocked" by the accusation and "totally denies any assault, any rape and any criminal act."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 3:30 pm

CBS Chief Executive Les Moonves Steps Down After Sexual Harassment Claim

Quote:
Leslie Moonves, the longtime chief executive of the CBS Corporation, stepped down on Sunday night from the company he led for 15 years. His fall from Hollywood’s highest echelon was all but sealed after the publication earlier in the day of new sexual harassment allegations against him.

The CBS board announced his departure, effective immediately. As part of the agreement, the network said it would donate $20 million to one or more organizations that support equality for women in the workplace. The donation will be deducted from a potential severance benefit to Mr. Moonves, although he could still walk away with more than $120 million, according to two people familiar with the settlement agreement.

Mr. Moonves, however, will not receive any severance payment, until the completion of an independent investigation into the allegations, the board said. He could also receive nothing, based on the investigation’s results.

Joseph Ianniello, the chief operating officer of CBS and one of Mr. Moonves’s closest advisers, was named the interim chief executive.

When the most recent television season ended in May, CBS was the nation’s most-watched network for the 10th consecutive year — an accomplishment that had made Mr. Moonves one of the most powerful figures in Hollywood. Now his departure has helped cast the future fortunes of the company in doubt.

That Mr. Moonves could receive any money for stepping away from CBS in the wake of the allegations outraged many in the entertainment industry and in the #MeToo movement.

The incidents described in the two articles went back to the 1980s and brought the number of women now accusing Mr. Moonves of harassment to 12.

Mr. Moonves didn’t respond to requests for comment from The New York Times on Sunday, but told The New Yorker, “The appalling accusations in this article are untrue.” He admitted to "consensual relations” with three of the women.

“In my 40 years of work, I have never before heard of such disturbing accusations,” Mr. Moonves continued. “I can only surmise they are surfacing now for the first time, decades later, as part of a concerted effort by others to destroy my name, my reputation, and my career.”

Public reaction to the latest allegations against Mr. Moonves was swift. Rachel Bloom, the star and co-creator of “Crazy Ex Girlfriend,” which airs on the CW, a network jointly owned by CBS and Warner Media, said on Twitter after The New Yorker article was published that Mr. Moonves should be fired without receiving any money, adding an expletive.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 5:06 pm

Norm Macdonald booted from 'Tonight Show' and apologizes for #MeToo comments

Quote:
“Saturday Night Live” veteran Norm Macdonald was dropped from the guest lineup for Tuesday’s episode of “The Tonight Show” after making controversial comments this week regarding the #MeToo movement, Roseanne Barr and Louis C.K.

In a statement to The Times on Wednesday, NBC said it decided to cancel his appearance “out of sensitivity to our audience and in light of Norm Macdonald’s comments in the press [Tuesday].”

The comedian had been slated to plug his Netflix talk show, “Norm Macdonald Has a Show,” which debuts Friday. But his commentary in the Hollywood Reporter published earlier that day derailed the promotional stop.

In a Q&A, Macdonald said he was “happy the #MeToo movement has slowed down a little bit.”

“It used to be, ‘One hundred women can’t be lying.’ And then it became, ‘One woman can’t lie.’ And that became, ‘I believe all women.’ And then you’re like, ‘What?’ Like, that Chris Hardwick guy I really thought got the blunt end of the stick there,” he said.

Macdonald also said people used to receive a second chance, but, “now it's admit wrongdoing and you’re finished. And so the only way to survive is to deny, deny, deny. That’s not healthy — that there is no forgiveness.”

Hours after the interview was published online and the backlash ensued, Macdonald tweeted an apology, saying Barr and C.K “both made terrible mistakes” and he would never defend their actions.

“If my words sounded like I was minimizing the pain that their victims feel to this day, I am deeply sorry,” he tweeted.

Related:
Those remarks were not the only words he has had to apologize for.
Norm Macdonald apologizes for Down syndrome comments amid controversial remarks
Quote:
Norm Macdonald on Thursday continued to dig himself out of a hole following his string of controversial comments and apologies while promoting his new Netflix talk show, “Norm Macdonald Has a Show.”

The comedian appeared on ABC’s “The View” and apologized for saying on “The Howard Stern Show” on Wednesday that “you’d have to have Down syndrome to not feel sorry” for victims of sexual abuse. Ironically, Macdonald made the comment while apologizing for his #MeToo remarks.

“It’s always bad when you have to apologize for an apology,” Macdonald told “The View” co-hosts. “There is a thing with Howard where there’s a recklessness in the studio.”

“There’s a word we used to use to mean stupid I was about to say that word, and then I stopped and thought about what’s the right word to say. I realized at that moment I did something unforgivable,” he added.

Macdonald continued his apology, saying his Down syndrome comment “was a terrible, terrible thing for [him] to say.”

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 2:31 am

Reagan’s Daughter Patti Davis Reveals She Didn’t Disclose Sex Assault For Decades

Quote:
Ronald Reagan’s daughter was raped 40 years ago. But she didn’t speak of it for several years, Patti Davis revealed in a powerful Washington Post op-ed Friday.

“I never told anyone for decades — not a friend, not a boyfriend, not a therapist, not my husband when I got married years later,” noted Davis, an author. Nor did she remember some important details of the attack.

Both situations are common for survivors of assault, according to experts.

In Davis’ case, the attack occurred when she met with a music executive in his office about songs she had written. “He was ... on top of me — so quickly — with his hands under my skirt and his mouth on mine, that I froze,” she recalled. “I lay there as he pushed himself inside me.”

She no longer remembers what month it was, if the executive’s assistant was outside the door, what her attacker said.

“It doesn’t surprise me one bit that for more than 30 years, Christine Blasey Ford didn’t talk about the assault she remembers,” Davis added. Nor does it surprise her that Blasey doesn’t remember where it occurred or the specific day.