How do i know if a girl likes me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

If she is friendly and talkative with everyone then talking to you is not a sign.

Does she text you?

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

NorthWind wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
This whole thread has sorta been derailed.
I just want to know what i should look for, like body language and stuff, to see if a girl is hinting that she likes me.

The question is very general. Maybe someone could tell you if they see any signs that the girl you were talking about likes you that way if you provided more information about how she acts towards you and if there are any differences to how she interacts with other boys.

Otherwise, how a teenage girl would show you she's interested can vary a lot. Some can be extremely obvious about it, like initiating a lot of physical contact and flirting, but I'm guessing she's not that type of girl.
If a girl is shy, being particularly nervous around you, frequently looking at you but looking away when your eyes meet may be signs that she's interested. She might also seem embarrassed a lot. From what little you described about this girl, she's also not that kind of girl.

That she initiates conversations can indicate some interest, but it's also possible that she just likes you as a friend or (if she's a kind person and you have no/hardly any friends) she may just be trying to help you socialize.

When she talks to other people its just a pretty standard talk for NT's. So yeah she acts different talking to me. But so does everyone else. Sometimes it seems like she might be flirting, but i dont have enough experience with girls to know for sure. I have never been friends with a girl (definitely no girlfriend :( )
I just wish i knew. When she talks to me she might occasionly touch my arm or something, but i get the feeling she is just a touchy-feely (wow is it just me or does that term sound really sexual nowadays?) person.
Jut about every social interaction i have is filled with monachopsis, and when i think about stuff like this i just wish i didnt have to care. Feels bad man.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If she is friendly and talkative with everyone then talking to you is not a sign.

Does she text you?

I don't have a phone.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

When she talks to other people its just a pretty standard talk for NT's. So yeah she acts different talking to me. But so does everyone else.

Does she act different towards you in the exact same way everyone else does? In that case it's not an indication that she's interested.

Sometimes it seems like she might be flirting, but i dont have enough experience with girls to know for sure. I have never been friends with a girl (definitely no girlfriend :( )

It's difficult to tell because some people are naturally a bit flirty with everyone and in others a little bit of flirting already is an indication of interest.

Another thing that could indicate that a girl has a crush on you would be if she smiles a lot (more than when she talks to other people) and makes a lot of eye contact. If a girl frequently seems happy for no apparent reason after talking to you that'd be a good indication of her being interested.

I just wish i knew. When she talks to me she might occasionly touch my arm or something, but i get the feeling she is just a touchy-feely (wow is it just me or does that term sound really sexual nowadays?) person.

If she does this with other boys too, that alone doesn't mean a lot, just that she's comfortable around you and likes you (but not necessarily in the way you're hoping).

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm

NorthWind wrote:
When she talks to other people its just a pretty standard talk for NT's. So yeah she acts different talking to me. But so does everyone else.

Does she act different towards you in the exact same way everyone else does? In that case it's not an indication that she's interested.

Sometimes it seems like she might be flirting, but i dont have enough experience with girls to know for sure. I have never been friends with a girl (definitely no girlfriend :( )

It's difficult to tell because some people are naturally a bit flirty with everyone and in others a little bit of flirting already is an indication of interest.

Another thing that could indicate that a girl has a crush on you would be if she smiles a lot (more than when she talks to other people) and makes a lot of eye contact. If a girl frequently seems happy for no apparent reason after talking to you that'd be a good indication of her being interested.

If she does this with other boys too, that alone doesn't mean a lot, just that she's comfortable around you and likes you (but not necessarily in the way you're hoping).

No she is different talkin to me than other people talking to me. She is also the type of person who is smiling most of the time, so thats not much of a help. She does seem to touch me more. Like another guy every once in a while she might brush their arm or something, but she seems to do it a lot with me. Idk. Maybe i'm just seeing what i want to.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm

NorthWind wrote:
I just want to know what i should look for, like body language and stuff, to see if a girl is hinting that she likes me.

The question is very general. Maybe someone could tell you if they see any signs that the girl you were talking about likes you that way if you provided more information about how she acts towards you and if there are any differences to how she interacts with other boys.

Otherwise, how a teenage girl would show you she's interested can vary a lot. Some can be extremely obvious about it, like initiating a lot of physical contact and flirting, but I'm guessing she's not that type of girl.
If a girl is shy, being particularly nervous around you, frequently looking at you but looking away when your eyes meet may be signs that she's interested. She might also seem embarrassed a lot. From what little you described about this girl, she's also not that kind of girl.

That she initiates conversations can indicate some interest, but it's also possible that she just likes you as a friend or (if she's a kind person and you have no/hardly any friends) she may just be trying to help you socialize.

This is good advice. People show interest in all sorts of different ways, so there isn't any one surefire way to tell if someone is interested or not, unless they flat out tell you (which usually doesn't happen). The hardest ones to figure out are the friendly/flirty ones.

Most people "test the waters" with someone, if they think they might have some interest in them. They do this by teasing and joking around with them, sexual innuendo, or hinting around about the possibly dating them. If they have a positive response, they move forward, if not they back off (without embarrassing anyone about it).

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2017, 4:20 am

SilverStar wrote:
NorthWind wrote:

This is good advice. People show interest in all sorts of different ways, so there isn't any one surefire way to tell if someone is interested or not, unless they flat out tell you (which usually doesn't happen). The hardest ones to figure out are the friendly/flirty ones.

Most people "test the waters" with someone, if they think they might have some interest in them. They do this by teasing and joking around with them, sexual innuendo, or hinting around about the possibly dating them. If they have a positive response, they move forward, if not they back off (without embarrassing anyone about it).

I would probably make an ass of kyself if i tried, :(