Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

01 Dec 2017, 2:55 pm

Yes, this is the year I was born. What would you do if you woke up in 1987?
---
I'd enjoy the amazing music that was put out that year. I'd be breaking out my Nintendo Entertainment System day in and day out and just have some fun going to the sporting events that year.

Can't think of anything else right now, but if I come up with more, I'll post it.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 3:04 pm

I would be very ecstatic, but at the same time kinda nervous, since I would have to get used to the technological downgrade.

And if I had a ton of money, I would also go out and try to buy a lot of clothes, since I woke up in 1987, and vintage items are one of my obsessions.

I would also take a lot of observations and study the culture, environment, music, literature, and other things like the typography and the old logos.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on December 1, 2017)

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 4:14 pm

I would chat up a storm on the landline phone, read a paper book, wear eyeliner, listen to Cyndi Lauper and have a small group of friends instead of hundreds of social media friends!

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 4:17 pm

I would start buying stocks in companies that I know would be big. And waiting for those that might be even bigger.

Imagine being on the ground floor of Yahoo or Google.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 4:20 pm

i would go back to sleep.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 4:49 pm

Assuming that you couldn't profit from your insider knowledge by investing?

Hmmm

Punch in to go to work at the job I had back then at the mom and pop owned office supply store.

Listen to my record collection (mostly vinyl, but with an ever growing percentage of CDs).

The absence of the internet, and the absence of aspergers as a diagnosis would be the two biggest changes.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

I'd think 'f*ck no, not again'.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 7:52 pm

Find a radio and turn on WLIR. If it was Friday or Saturday night I would turn the TV on to watch Night Flight.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

I'd probably think it was pretty weird...

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 8:43 pm

-Hug the everliving hell out of the two cats I had then, who lived into early 2000, and whom I still miss (even though the ones I have now are every bit as sweet and good and and.) Rub my face in their fur and just breathe in that sweet clean kittyfur scent. Chase them all around the house the way they loved.
-Squeeze my parents and aunts and uncles and cousins who are gone now, as often and hard as I could.
-Put some serious mash on my now-ex who was my POSSLQ then. This, of course, presumes that I went back in age as well as time. What was I... 32. Making him 38 then. Yeah, good.
-Tell myself in no uncertain terms not to take that job I was gonna be offered in a couple of months, that I'd ditch after barely a year, and just try to get into the *next* one as soon as I could.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 8:51 pm

I'd check my local listings for when Evil Bratt was on.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:17 pm

Some really great movies came out in 1987:

The Lost Boys, Predator, RoboCop, Full Metal Jacket, The Princess Bride, Dirty Dancing, Spaceballs, Lethal Weapon, Wall Street, Can’t Buy Me Love, Hellraiser, Some Kind of Wonderful, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Near Dark, Roxanne, Baby Boom, Throw Mama From the Train, Barfly, Making Mr. Right, Walk Like a Man, The Year My Voice Broke, Housekeeping, The Hanoi Hilton

Just to name a few :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Dec 2017, 11:35 pm

I'd try to wake myself up cuz I'd assume I'm having a nightmare of being 5

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:48 pm

Sort of a cheesy subject, but anyway:

I was 14 then. Well, i would fake going to school since that never did anything for me, and instead spend more time learning more programming languages, especially more focus on MC68k/x86 ASM than i did since that could have helped me out more.

I'd start saving money for investments later on in life (bitcoin, stocks etc), until then i'd sell information to finance myself. Apart from that, i'd enjoy being young again, be more open in life, be out in nature more and later on in life skip some things that i know was a waste of time. I'd focus on being happy more than having a cool job.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 12:41 am

Should I tell people to enjoy things while they still can, because it's all going down the proverbial potty from here?

Would I be the age I was then or will I still be the age I am now? Because I don't want to be 12-13 again and starting my first year of hell known as junior high.

And what if I am the same age I am now, but I run into the younger me? How can I tell her she has a disorder that the public won't know jack squat about until the mid-1990's, that she won't be diagnosed with until adulthood and will suffer and go through all kinds of horrors before, during that time, and after that time, and that all her hopes and dreams will be gone along with whatever childhood innocence she still had? I know I won't end up changing things for the better like the ending to Back To The Future. I'll make everything even worse.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 4:03 am

bunnyb wrote:
I'd think 'f*ck no, not again'.

I would do that for 1973 or so, then proceed to have a violent meltdown.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman